Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 05-24-2003, 01:07 PM   #21
lynchjm24
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Hell,

Maybe we should spend the $3.50/month and get on the BOSI website - that thing is pretty awesome.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 01:48 PM   #22
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

lynchjim et al,

about BOSI - it appears one of the owners - ootpjim - whose site we will be using as a temporary headquarters - already has BOSI implemented into it. i didn't realize this when he first showed me his website (already up and running), but when i took a closer look i saw he had it. i'm not very familiar with it in terms of how it can be used for various online league functions, but apparently it's a great tool to have. it just very well may be that this "temporary home" may be a more long-term home than originally planned.

i didn't know you had to pay for it, though. since we will be using a two-commish system, with me being one, i'm thinking we should probably heavily consider him. i'd like him to post a little something making himself known to everyone. i already have a couple guys in mind for the other commish position if need be.

i would expect a link to our new website within a few days. right now it has info pertaining to his old league, we're going to update it to reflect our great new one, and i'm going over his rules right now and tweaking them - which is good since i don't have to reinvent the wheel now. please keep in mind that everything in this league will be open to league vote. i'm am the Commish but it's OUR league. one of the first league votes will be the frequency of sims. i came from a 3 times a week (2 weeks simmed at a time) league - RWBL- and that had the right mix of speeding things along and not having the season go by in a blur.

Hawksfanatic - the Mariners are yours. welcome aboard.

Hell Atlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 01:50 PM   #23
rexallsc
Bat Boy

Are the Dodgers available?
rexallsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 02:01 PM   #24
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

rex! a fellow member of the FOFC community. you are most welcome to take ownership of the LA Dodgers. welcome aboard, with some of the owners i've seen come on board everyone has their work cut out for them.

Old 05-24-2003, 02:12 PM   #25
rexallsc
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Hell Atlantic
rex! a fellow member of the FOFC community. you are most welcome to take ownership of the LA Dodgers. welcome aboard, with some of the owners i've seen come on board everyone has their work cut out for them.
Good to hear. I've always wanted to be a part of a solid league. I was in two previous to this one, but neither had much community involvement (I'm talking 1 post a week on the message boards).

I can't wait....

Here's to the success of the league!!!
rexallsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 02:57 PM   #26
lynchjm24
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The other league I gave a shot to folded before the end of the first season. So i've been pretty skeptical since then, but if DD gives his seal of approval. . . . .
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 03:16 PM   #27
MiddleGA
Minors (Single A)

HA - A couple of questions

1) Is this with Rolen rosters or something else?

2) If you think the league is too advanced (in terms of procedure,not competition) for someone who has never been in an OOTP online league, this would be a good time to say so

3) By my count, the remaining teams (at this moment) are:
Twins, Blue Jays, Orioles, Angels, Brewers, Rockies, D'backs

I'll keep an eye out for your reply

Thanks,
Jon
MiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 03:29 PM   #28
pflyers1
Minors (Triple A)

Atlanta Braves

As per your request, I would like to claim the Atlanta Braves in your league.

Jeff

Dryan222@aol.com
pflyers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 04:30 PM   #29
SanDiegoPadres19
All Star Reserve

It was I that asked for the Padres. I figured the handle would give me away.
  • (As Matt Williams took a curtain call after hitting a home run) "Barry Bonds gets a standing ovation as he digs in."
  • (Following the second out) ".. and the Padres win the National League Wes... oh, just got a little exicted."
Internet Sim Baseball League, Lo$ Angele$ Dodger$
ISBL Fictional Blog
SanDiegoPadres19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 05:19 PM   #30
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by lynchjm24
The other league I gave a shot to folded before the end of the first season. So i've been pretty skeptical since then, but if DD gives his seal of approval. . . . .
ok, now I really hope this league doesn't turn out to be sucky.

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 05:57 PM   #31
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

DD: I'll try my damndest

Jon: you are from the FOFC community, and as i stated there i welcome my fellow FOFC members with open arms - with a quick look i agree with the teams that you listed as being available. i hope one of them is appealing to you because we'd love to have you.

The league (whose name will be decided upon by everyone, i have an idea but it's our league so we all decide what we'd be comfortable with) will be using the 2003 TotalMinors roster set. we all will decide whether we'll use player photos (it might make downloading the league file rather big for those with dial-up) and whose we will use - DD's seems to be the most practical and varied since every player has 2 photos.

Advanced procedures...? hmmm...as i told my good friend pete who is the GM for Boston - i also made him download the game, he's a OOTP rookie - the least that will be required for him will be to download the league file, make any roster changes necessary, and upload to FTP. he needs to be able to poke his head into the message boards enough to know when a league vote is required. that's <b>league</b> votes, obivously any ole poll that someone makes is not a mandatory requirement. i also told him it is not necessary to post in the message board every day. that is above and beyond league minimum - it is highly encouraged - but up to each individual owner.

obviously victory goes to the prepared, the informed and the lucky. the more you put into any league, not just this one - the likely it is you will have success. i will do my part to ensure that league champions are easily identifiable, because i think it's lame to put all this "work" into a season just to get a congrats. i have some very simple yet neat things in mind which i'll go over with the appointed co-commish. so in terms of "advanced procedures", if i understand your question/concern correctly, there is little required of you other than to maintain your own team and to vote when all owners are asked to vote.

-Hell Atlantic

Old 05-24-2003, 06:22 PM   #32
Cuckoo

This sounds like it's taking shape nicely. Good to see plenty of fellow FOFCers joining. Can't wait to get started.

Since I'm the Cardinals, I guess I should start looking for pitching.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 07:57 PM   #33
MiddleGA
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the answers HA, most any serious questions I had were answered.

From the remaining pool, I'll take the Angels & keep my eyes open for the announcement of the owners meeting which I gather is the next step. Well, that and me patching up to 5.WhateverItIsNow
Old 05-24-2003, 08:10 PM   #34
BFleming
Bat Boy

HA,

Another FOFC'r here..I'll take the D'Backs if they're still available and plot to get Chavez back by '07 again....lol
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 08:20 PM   #35
SanDiegoPadres19
All Star Reserve

what the heck is FOFC'r.
  • (As Matt Williams took a curtain call after hitting a home run) "Barry Bonds gets a standing ovation as he digs in."
  • (Following the second out) ".. and the Padres win the National League Wes... oh, just got a little exicted."
Internet Sim Baseball League, Lo$ Angele$ Dodger$
ISBL Fictional Blog
SanDiegoPadres19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 10:38 PM   #36
BFleming
Bat Boy

member/poster at front office football central
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 10:47 PM   #37
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by BFleming
member/poster at front office football central
aka someone in therapy

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 11:14 PM   #38
MiddleGA
Minors (Single A)

Close DD, I think you meant someone who needs therapy
Old 05-25-2003, 12:26 AM   #39
evil homer
All Star Reserve

i'd be interested in the blue jays if they were still available.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:43 AM   #40
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

JonInMiddleGA: you are now the Angles owner/GM, good luck. i'm surprised they lasted this long - in the 2003 TotalMinors roster set they're updated to reflect the talent level of World Series champs, they got some solid guys on that team. funny how teams like the Tigers and Devil Rays went before the Angels, them guys can't get no love.

BFleming - we didn't have too much interaction in RWBL but perhaps that will change now that you are the new D'Backs owner GM. welcome. set some money aside for Randy Johnson's and Curt Schilling's rocking chairs.

Evil Homer - i have now updated the list to refelct you as the new Toronto Blue Jays owner/GM. welcome aboard and good luck in the tough division that is the AL East.