Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 06-16-2019, 06:26 PM   #1
Jpotapoff
Minors (Double A)

Help Me Figure Out to Start A League Like This

I have spent all day trying to figure out how to do this in FHM5, so I am going to ask here. Perhaps it just can't be done as it appears FHM5's customizing is no where near as good as OOTP.

I want to create a 16 team league (two divisions of 8 teams) with real world players. Preferably I would like to start in a specific year so I can use real players right form the beginning and draft real players as the seasons go along.

As far as I can tell the only way to create a custom league where you set up the structure the way you want is by doing New Custom Game but you are limited to either fictional players or real world players if you start in 2018. (and apparently only if you use the NHL structure since once you switch to a different structure the toggle to use real players turns off).

If I start up a historical league then I can use real players from whatever year I start in but I am stuck with whatever structure is set for that year. (ie. number of teams in the NHL, number of divisions, etc. the existence of the WHA, etc.). I know I can rename the teams so I can customize the league that way, but I can't change the structure even if i'm in Comish mode and started the game on july 1.

So as far as I can tell my options are:

Go with the exact league structure I want but use fake players

Real players from 2018. Create Custom league starting in 2018 using the NHL setup, make sure I start game on July, start game. Go in and remove teams to set up league the way I want it. But then every future entry draft will be filled with fictional players.

Find an NHL historical year that comes closest to my preferred setup. Create game, rename the teams to what I want them. (then exit program, and manually replace team logos/uniforms/etc files with files IC rate myself since apparently in FHM you can't edit a team's logo, or jersey from within the game for some reason). Since I can't edit league structure i'm stuck with that league structure for the rest of time, and i'm stuck with using real players starting from the season I went with. But at least the entry draft will be filled with real players, correct? Also I am stuck with whatever rules the NHL was using that year.

If I go with a year where the WHA existed i'm stuck with having the WHA existing as well. So either I have to live with that or choose a season where the WHA didn't exist.

As far as I can tell the closest I can get to doing what I want is starting up in 1971 where the NHL had two 7 team divisions. (the season where they had two 8 team divisions the WHA existed so i'd be stuck with the WHA existing. And there is no post WHA year where the NHL had two divisions of 8 teams). That and I am stuck with starting with players from 1971. If I wanted to start my game using players for a later year i'd have to sim a bunch of years to get to the season i'd want.

Am I correct or am I missing a way I can set up the league I want?
Jpotapoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:17 PM   #2
Schifty
Major Leagues

Dont think its possible....

1- You can play any season, but with real pplayer from this period
2- Best bet, choose the years, add or delete team, rename it... etc
Schifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #3
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Can't do it, unless you use 2018-2019 players.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:37 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, not possible to change the historical structures in FHM5. We've been working on making historical editing more flexible for FHM6.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote