Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 10-15-2021, 01:52 PM   #301
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
I have not had time to follow this basho, unfortunately. Looks like it was a good one. Here is the final days' matches. There was a tie for the lead heading into day 15 with Terunofuji looking for his fifth Yusho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOjTqcxjvbw
I usually watch the matches between 10:30 pm and 11:30 pm CT and stopped visiting this forum a long time ago. I think about this thread a lot, but it is too spoiler-y for me since I can't watch until late at night.

It was a very good Basho. Wish Hakuho had been able to participate to see how he would have followed up the July Basho win. Sad to see him retire. Kaisei, Tochinoshin and Aoiyama are probably close to hanging it up too. None of them are in Hakuho's league, but have been enjoyable to watch over the years. There are some very good newer rikishi on the rise and Abi will be back in November.

I wish Ichinojo would stay healthy and have a stronger will. He could have been the next Akebono...
Old 11-15-2021, 11:44 AM   #302
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Fell asleep while watching the day 1 highlights and missed the last three matches. Will watch them on YouTube today.

Nice to see Abi back. He has filled out some and seems to have more power in his thrusts. I think he'll be at 9 or 10 wins by the end of the Basho.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:55 PM   #303
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

I haven't taken the time to post here but the January Basho just ended and one of my two favorites (Mitakeumi) took the yusho and is well on his way to Ozeki promotion. He finished 13-2.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:01 PM   #304
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Mitakeumi received an Ozeki promotion yesterday!