Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 11-02-2019, 08:53 AM   #21
HerbD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Could be that's why the Graphics Forum is not active like it used to be... not many people need any more graphics.
I believe this is a huge factor. If you take the time to search for it there isn't much that hasn't already been done.

I would have to think that burnout and just life cycle in general would also pay a huge part of it. As life evolves making graphics for other people likely has dropped on the priority list.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:57 AM   #22
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Perhaps the addition of MLB licensing the last two years had cut down on the graphics needs... they are already in the game.

I don't play historical leagues, but some of the modders may have included old jerseys from the past.

The last I heard, 60% of the OOTP gamers use the MLB teams for their leagues... only 40% of us are fictional league players.

Those percentages may have increased toward MLB real teams in recent years.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #23
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbD View Post
I believe this is a huge factor. If you take the time to search for it there isn't much that hasn't already been done.

I would have to think that burnout and just life cycle in general would also pay a huge part of it. As life evolves making graphics for other people likely has dropped on the priority list.
You make some very valid points, HerbD.

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #24
TrbldWiseman
Major Leagues

TBH kinda looking forward to getting my hands on those templates as I have countless hockey logos (women's,minor, & international) that I use regularly w/the basic in game unis that I've wanted to do more with Know I'll have a nice Hockey as Baseball thread going as soon as I can
Old 11-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #25
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrbldWiseman View Post
TBH kinda looking forward to getting my hands on those templates as I have countless hockey logos (women's,minor, & international) that I use regularly w/the basic in game unis that I've wanted to do more with Know I'll have a nice Hockey as Baseball thread going as soon as I can
Sorry, I can't help you with templates... all I have is justafan.

You might contact the_mad_monk, low, Lawn Loaf... send them a private message... they might help with what you need.

Although he is not active very much here on the Graphics Forum of late, txranger would be another one who might help you with templates.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #26
TrbldWiseman
Major Leagues

No Pepper said earlier in this thread he'd share his... once he found it Which is fine cuz it gives me a chance to mock things up with other templates I have that won't work in the game
Old 11-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #27
micropterus58
All Star Starter

Another issue is that there is no repository for files anymore. It is hard to share files that can't be posted on this forum. I have dozens of logo templates and a number of jersey templates. I have collected these over the last 10 plus years. I use Paint Shop Pro so I have converted from shared PSD files. I also added many other layers that have been posted here to my templates. Many of the old links are now dead so searching can be frustrating. I have had some requests for files so I do share when asked. I do make my own logos and jerseys but justafan's and eriq jaffe's programs are excellent. I do disagree with Eugene Church in that these programs make so-so logos and jerseys. Their results are as good as any logo/jersey maker. What they lack is the creativity that can be made by using Photoshop, PSP, GIMP or Paint.net. My own creativity is severely lacking but I can copy and reproduce what others have made because I know PSP well. TxRanger makes great logos that I can never design but I certainly copy what he did and make my own logos. What we need is a site where we can upload graphics (and quickstarts, rosters, schedules, stadiums, photos and more) like we used to have. My jersey template is from No Pepper, it now has over 100 layers. My avatar is from a rocknfire7 template.

Last edited by micropterus58; 11-02-2019 at 01:20 PM.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:03 PM   #28
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

For me personally, it is more a time issue. When I started I had one child, and would stay up all hours of the night making unis. Then child two arrived and I kept plodding away, then number three arrived and time became a major issue. I loved doing unis, especially the obscure summer college leagues and Euro leagues. However, it seemed like I was doing them more for myself and not getting much feedback so I questioned why I was spending so much time at it. I still dabble at it, but don’t post too much anymore. I have also got into modding/creating stadiums but that is a much more laborious project.
I do think the multiple request threads were certainly a turnoff for some, as well as the unintentional hijacking of threads.

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #29
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

...but I do agree, I remember checking the threads numerous times a day just to see what people were coming up with. Now I may stop in once or twice a week. Thank God for Low, or I may never check it out!

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:24 PM   #30
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
Another issue is that there is no repository for files anymore. It is hard to share files that can't be posted on this forum. I have dozens of logo templates and a number of jersey templates. I have collected these over the last 10 plus years. I use Paint Shop Pro so I have converted from shared PSD files. I also added many other layers that have been posted here to my templates. Many of the old links are now dead so searching can be frustrating. I have had some requests for files so I do share when asked. I do make my own logos and jerseys but justafan's and eriq jaffe's programs are excellent. I do disagree with Eugene Church in that these programs make so-so logos and jerseys. Their results are as good as any logo/jersey maker. What they lack is the creativity that can be made by using Photoshop, PSP, GIMP or Paint.net. My own creativity is severely lacking but I can copy and reproduce what others have made because I know PSP well. TxRanger makes great logos that I can never design but I certainly copy what he did and make my own logos. What we need is a site where we can upload graphics (and quickstarts, rosters, schedules, stadiums, photos and more) like we used to have. My jersey template is from No Pepper, it now has over 100 layers. My avatar is from a rocknfire7 template.
I'm sorry, but I think you have misread what I think about justafan's software... it is absolutely wonderful... I have said so many, many times... I just say my logos are so-so... it is my graphics skill that limit what I can do with it... I can only import mascot images... I can't change the colors of the mascot images... I am limited by the lack of fonts... I am technologically challenged to boot.

I can just do a basic logo, which means it ends up being borderline average at best... I don't have the skills to fancy them up like the good graphics folks.

justafan's software is excellent... one of the best gifts this Forum has ever gotten... I have never bashed it or complained about it.

I have met the enemy... and it's me... not justafan's wonderful software.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-02-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #31
TrbldWiseman
Major Leagues

Quote:

justafan's software is excellent... one of the best gifts this Forum has ever gotten... I have never bashed it or complained about it.

I have met the enemy... and it's me... not justafan's wonderful software.
Believe he meant to quote me. My issue with the software (cap-creator/jersey creator) is that it limits what I can do. Never bashed it. It's just not for me and what I want to do.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #32
Lafayette53
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pepper View Post
I can share my template but it is not as Jim Henson said (simple). I had/have a clean version lying around somewhere on the various hard drives I have about, what a mess! Anyways, it's a Photoshop file.

Despite this being a community, it does seem somewhat barren at times. I think that is a result of the many ways one can play the game (online league, PT, solo, dynasty reporting, etc). The visual aspect of OOTP is just one part of the experience. Creation burnout, end of the baseball season, etc, are all possible reasons for what you may be seeing Eugene. Don't let it dishearten you!
I still have a clean version of your template. Once you learn to use it, it's a gem!

Last edited by Lafayette53; 11-02-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Lafayette53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #33
Lafayette53
Major Leagues

Quote:
Perhaps the addition of MLB licensing the last two years had cut down on the graphics needs... they are already in the game.

I don't play historical leagues, but some of the modders may have included old jerseys from the past.

The last I heard, 60% of the OOTP gamers use the MLB teams for their leagues... only 40% of us are fictional league players.

Those percentages may have increased toward MLB real teams in recent years.
Since OOTP got official licensing and some more popularity/promotion I think this is definitely the case. Personally I play with official MLB stuff a lot these days, but fictional league customization is the reason I love this game.

Last edited by Lafayette53; 11-02-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Lafayette53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:07 PM   #34
TrbldWiseman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette53 View Post
I still have a clean version of your template. Once you learn to use it, it's a gem!
Mind sharing?
Old 11-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #35
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Time is an issue for me as well. I have Photoshop and am pretty good with creating my own custom uni's and such. I am not as good with logos as TxRanger but I do get by. With work and being busy with my three kids various activities my time is limited to create uni's.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #36
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post

Do any of the other graphics makers feel this way?
because if it would help, I could throw something together.

I'd probably just start with something Google Drive or Dropbox
for now until the 1st of the year when I could more easily afford to

put together a real website.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #37
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post

Seems like a good idea to me, but I'm not a graphics maker.

You might post this in its own thread here... more people might read it.

Or see if there is any interest on the OOTP20 Discussions Forum... or perhaps the Modders Forum.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #38
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

I've stopped making stuff for a multitude of reasons: kids, work, life, change of interest, etc. I haven't played OOTP for a good three years at this point. I did some requests but wasn't as big into doing them as I was my own stuff. And I finished my own stuff and didn't really have much interest in doing more.

Ultimately, I think the logo and uniform making software has had the biggest effect on requests around here. I learned to do graphics stuff because I didn't want to always ask for help. I'd imagine that there are a lot of people who have felt that way too, but now they can create their own stuff. What a great tool!!

One place to archive (most) everything would be great.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #39
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
I've stopped making stuff for a multitude of reasons: kids, work, life, change of interest, etc. I haven't played OOTP for a good three years at this point. I did some requests but wasn't as big into doing them as I was my own stuff. And I finished my own stuff and didn't really have much interest in doing more.

Ultimately, I think the logo and uniform making software has had the biggest effect on requests around here. I learned to do graphics stuff because I didn't want to always ask for help. I'd imagine that there are a lot of people who have felt that way too, but now they can create their own stuff. What a great tool!!

One place to archive (most) everything would be great.
Appreciate your comments, but even more:

I just want to thank you for all of your great work... when I make my own graphics, I begin with your 5000 logo images... sadly, I don't know how to change colors on your images... I just have to use the colors you used... but I would be lost without your wonderful site.

"From the bottom of my "boogitty, boogity, bootity shoes" (a very old rock and roll song")... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-06-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #40
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post

I know not everyone uses the Steam version of the game, but the Steam workshop is the long term solution to the issue. It's just a matter of getting more support from OOTP (making it easier to create mods and get them on the workshop) and the community collaborating on getting stuff uploaded and organized.

The Steam Workshop has a lot of advantages if it could ever be used like it is for many other games. It would both act as permanent storage and it would likely attract many modders who do not visit this forum. It also makes things really easy for users (in theory).

Anyway, it was brought up in beta and hopefully it gets some attention this year.