Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 06-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #1
Sturmie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

FHM 2 or FHM 2015?

I came around these forums during the initial release of FHM and the consensus was that it showed a lot of promise, but still needed a lot of work as well. I saw someone mention that "FHM 2" was slated to be released at the end of May...did that happen? Is it still called FHM 2 or is it now FHM 2015?

Lastly, is the game worth it now? I'm an avid hockey fan and a fan of sports sims...so FHM is right in my wheelhouse .

Thanks.

Sturmie
Old 06-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmie View Post
I came around these forums during the initial release of FHM and the consensus was that it showed a lot of promise, but still needed a lot of work as well. I saw someone mention that "FHM 2" was slated to be released at the end of May...did that happen? Is it still called FHM 2 or is it now FHM 2015?

Lastly, is the game worth it now? I'm an avid hockey fan and a fan of sports sims...so FHM is right in my wheelhouse .

Thanks.

Sturmie
Fhm2 has not released yet. It is still in testinG. They are not rushing the release but it was originally slated for May. With that said, Most people will be quite impressed with the leap forward from fhm1 to 2.

Only you can judge if you feel it's worth it. check back once the game is released and you'll see. There should be more road to releases at that point too.

Last edited by dave1927p; 06-15-2015 at 06:03 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #3
Sturmie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great, thanks! So, I should be following the road to release for FHM 2015, right? I see a few posts for that in the main forum.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Great, thanks! So, I should be following the road to release for FHM 2015, right? I see a few posts for that in the main forum.
Just go to the FHM 2 forum. That is where everything on the new game is posted. There is a patch that is supposed to be coming out for FHM 14. The only confirmation that has been stated regarding the patch is that the new match engine is supposed to be coming with it. The rest of the features are based on speculation from previous statements from the devs.

If you want to pick up FHM 14 and play it, I cant give you much of an opinion on it. The game is literally unplayable for me. I dont know what platform you use but if you're a mac user and you do not utilize Steam on your Mac and choose to purchase through the eSeller instead the game will not work and hasnt for over a year.

If you have a PC and/or Steam and have an extra $20 to burn, then go for it! Caveat emptor.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #5
Sturmie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

@AlpineSK

Thanks for the info...appreciate it.

Btw, I completely missed the FHM 2 forum on the main forums page...I see it now...my bad.

Last edited by Sturmie; 06-16-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Sturmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #6
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
@AlpineSK

Thanks for the info...appreciate it.

Btw, I completely missed the FHM 2 forum on the main forums page...I see it now...my bad.
No problem! Hope my "just go to the FHM2 forum" comment didnt come across as abrasive as that was not the attempt. Enjoy.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 06-16-2015, 01:53 PM   #7
Cole
Hall Of Famer

The naming convention of FHM was changed to fall in line with the OOTP series, so FHM 2, 3, 4, etc. as opposed to years, similar to how OOTP is 14, 15, 16, etc.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #8
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
No problem! Hope my "just go to the FHM2 forum" comment didnt come across as abrasive as that was not the attempt. Enjoy.
Alpine you are the best thing about this game right now. How you manage to remain positive is beyond me, but more power to you buddy!
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:52 PM   #9
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
Alpine you are the best thing about this game right now. How you manage to remain positive is beyond me, but more power to you buddy!
Thank you.. but I wouldnt classify my mindset as positive. I just want my patch so I can play the game that I bought two years ago. I just don't see the point in getting petty on the forums. I'm a HUGE supporter of OOTP and have been for a long time.

All that said, thanks :-)

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 08-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #10
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Thank you.. but I wouldnt classify my mindset as positive. I just want my patch so I can play the game that I bought two years ago. I just don't see the point in getting petty on the forums. I'm a HUGE supporter of OOTP and have been for a long time.

All that said, thanks :-)
The major issue with FHM and FHM2 development is it seems to be in the hands a single person. It'd be much better if they had one person doing major content coding (ie patch and FHM2) and one doing minor patch updates to fix bugs etc.

And lets talk about time line ... it's now almost 2 full months past when FHM2 was "supposed" to release ... over a year that FHM itself remains unpatched.

EHM-EA was released in March and has had about 10 minor patches since. Yes, larger compnay ... but even OOTP should have had something, anything by now.

I just feel the longer they go, the more they ensure FHM will only ever be a niche, very small user base game .... look at how dead the FHM and FHM2 forums are ... I would guess most people have abandoned this product and will be unlikely to return. I am only checking in every now again to see what they do with FHM2. EHM was never that statistically accurate, here's hoping OOTP finally get their act together and realize you can't keep people waiting this long

Last edited by Mordrehl; 08-13-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #11
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I must respectfully disagree with almost all that you wrote ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
The major issue with FHM and FHM2 development is it seems to be in the hands a single person. It'd be much better if they had one person doing major content coding (ie patch and FHM2) and one doing minor patch updates to fix bugs etc.
That's not true. There are three developers on FHM 2 (Sebastian, Jeff and Malte), who all have different roles.

Quote:
And lets talk about time line ... it's now almost 2 full months past when FHM2 was "supposed" to release ...
Again, Late May was a tentative release date ... In retrospect it was too ambitious of a date, but it was never set as a hard and fast deadline of when the game was going to be out.

Quote:
EHM-EA was released in March and has had about 10 minor patches since. Yes, larger compnay ... but even OOTP should have had something, anything by now.
Apples and oranges.. We could have released FHM 2 long ago as an early access.. but our goal is to release a full and complete game. There have been far more than 10 updates produced over that same time frame in the FHM 2 beta forums, for whatever it's worth.

Quote:
I just feel the longer they go, the more they ensure FHM will only ever be a niche, very small user base game ....
What will grow our customer base will be a solid release, not having a game out by a certain date. In the end we know we'll have to win some customers back, but when the game is solid and word of mouth spreads, people who wanted a great hockey sim will still be wanting a great hockey sim and hopefully will give us a shot.

Quote:
look at how dead the FHM and FHM2 forums are ... I would guess most people have abandoned this product and will be unlikely to return.
The FHM forum is admittedly pretty quiet, but that makes sense given how old the game is.

The FHM 2 forums though, I feel are fairly active in the last couple months. Again, once the game actually releases it will obviously pick up traffic wise, but check out the number of threads I've posted in the past couple months - we've had plenty of talk and discussions.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #12
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

I agree with everything Cole says except for this:

"The FHM forum is admittedly pretty quiet, but that makes sense given how old the game is."

Old or not, there is a long since promised update for this game, and a fix that actually makes the game playable for Mac Users. The forum SHOULD have more activity than it does because development, while greatly reduced off of what was initially promised is reduced, it is still on-going.

I just want my eSeller fix that the OOTPB side released almost immediately so that the game will actually load, and then the new engine patch so that the game might actually have a chance of being enjoyable for me to play once I can boot it up.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic