Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:57 PM   #81
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie View Post
you have no idea how badly i want this game released. Or do you?
+1
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 11-19-2018, 11:19 PM   #82
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

First and foremost, I'd like to thank the developers for the update to the current version of the game. It's nice having that to hold us over while you develop the next game. That said, two things I'd really like to see in the game. 1. The ability to edit player attributes. 2. The ability to add a pic for each player.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:37 PM   #83
DD Martin
All Star Reserve

I haven’t been on the boards much lately but stumble across the new that Front Office Football and it’s author Jim Gindin are now working with the team here. That is fantastic news and you can count me in on FOF 9 when it is released in the future.

Hopefully after a successful implementation of FOF 9 we might see an update for the very successful old college game that Jim did. First things first but a fan can dream.....
Old 12-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #84
WingaDinga
Major Leagues

Sorry about the bump, but will the CFL be included in FOF9?
Old 12-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #85
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingaDinga View Post
Sorry about the bump, but will the CFL be included in FOF9?
FOF games are modeled after American football. There is no CFL rule support/inclusion in past games of this series and no reason to believe such a thing would be added for version 9.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #86
Xcom44dan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
FOF games are modeled after American football. There is no CFL rule support/inclusion in past games of this series and no reason to believe such a thing would be added for version 9.
Purely speculating, but I'd agree. With some level of customisation confirmed, I'm hoping you'd essentially be able to recreate a CFL league (with Canadian teams), but the simulations would be built using an NFL based engine/rules.

Again, purely speculating
Old 12-19-2018, 11:18 AM   #87
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I will be happy as long as we can have different league structure's rather than the boring and out-of-date NFL 32 team set up .
Old 12-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #88
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I will be happy as long as we can have different league structure's rather than the boring and out-of-date NFL 32 team set up .
How exactly is a 32 team NFL style set up “out of date”?
Old 01-23-2019, 06:28 PM   #89
BradS
Minors (Double A)

wrong thread

Last edited by BradS; 01-23-2019 at 06:54 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 01-24-2019, 11:47 AM   #90
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
How exactly is a 32 team NFL style set up “out of date”?
32 teams have been around for what 15 years since the last expansion-Houston???

Same 4 team divisions.

That's old in my books.

Sports should constantly change to keep it interesting.

The NHL actually cut back on divisions.

The NFL at 36 teams would be more interesting.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:32 PM   #91
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
32 teams have been around for what 15 years since the last expansion-Houston???

Same 4 team divisions.

That's old in my books.

Sports should constantly change to keep it interesting.

The NHL actually cut back on divisions.

The NFL at 36 teams would be more interesting.
36 teams would stretch the talent way too thin. I think 32 is good unless American football picks up internationally. Talking heads in basketball have brought up reducing the NBA by two teams. Lebron even said it. And that's basketball, which has a huge international base.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:04 PM   #92
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

There's hundred's of college football teams that play to jam packed stadiums. I guess they love sub-par play so much that it doesn't matter.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:30 PM   #93
DirkGildun
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
There's hundred's of college football teams that play to jam packed stadiums. I guess they love sub-par play so much that it doesn't matter.

There's not even 100 college football teams in the CFB Division that play in front of jam packed crowds (see the MAC as an example).
Old 01-27-2019, 01:45 PM   #94
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
36 teams would stretch the talent way too thin. I think 32 is good unless American football picks up internationally. Talking heads in basketball have brought up reducing the NBA by two teams. Lebron even said it. And that's basketball, which has a huge international base.
Basketball internationally is, and forgive me if I come off rude but, trash. It's pretty apparent that Americans still dominate the sport and the international aspect doesn't help at all because the best Euroleague player is probably a sixth man or occasional starter on a mid-tier NBA team, it doesn't help that some of the best players in Europe are literally Americans who couldn't get beyond the G-League.

American football has a much bigger playerbase within the United States and a lot of college football players who are on the NBA level but just can't hack the practice squad because of roster limits. The ability to change this, add more teams, make Football international or just create a spring league in FOF9 would counter any concerns anyway, especially as the game would adapt to that.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:43 AM   #95
Danya
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
Basketball internationally is, and forgive me if I come off rude but, trash. It's pretty apparent that Americans still dominate the sport and the international aspect doesn't help at all because the best Euroleague player is probably a sixth man or occasional starter on a mid-tier NBA team, it doesn't help that some of the best players in Europe are literally Americans who couldn't get beyond the G-League.

American football has a much bigger playerbase within the United States and a lot of college football players who are on the NBA level but just can't hack the practice squad because of roster limits. The ability to change this, add more teams, make Football international or just create a spring league in FOF9 would counter any concerns anyway, especially as the game would adapt to that.
European basketball is trash?? Tell that Greek Giannis Antetekounmpo who is probably going to win MVP this year. Or Serbian Nikola Jokic and Montenegrin Nikola Vucevic who were just named to All-Star teams (which in the NBA is a pretty elite honor unlike in MLB). Or Latvian Kristaps Porzingis who was an All-Star last year and just the subject of an enormous trade. Or French Rudy Gobert who was the Defensive Player of the Year last year. Or Slovenian Luka Doncic who is probably going to win Rookie of the Year this year...
Old 02-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #96
noseonarug17
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
Expansion in the real NFL would probably not be a good idea. I think we're in a good spot in regards to team-by-team talent as well as league structure.

That said, I assume this will be something we can change in the game. If I can create an extremely popular 1920s Scandinavian baseball league, I don't think we need to worry about whether they'll let us mess with this in FOF, realism or no. Of course, whether that's in the first edition is a different question.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #97
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danya View Post
European basketball is trash?? Tell that Greek Giannis Antetekounmpo who is probably going to win MVP this year. Or Serbian Nikola Jokic and Montenegrin Nikola Vucevic who were just named to All-Star teams (which in the NBA is a pretty elite honor unlike in MLB). Or Latvian Kristaps Porzingis who was an All-Star last year and just the subject of an enormous trade. Or French Rudy Gobert who was the Defensive Player of the Year last year. Or Slovenian Luka Doncic who is probably going to win Rookie of the Year this year...
And none of these are in the Euro league
Old 02-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #98
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

We're getting way off topic here.

Last edited by TribeFan19; 02-09-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:36 PM   #99
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
We're getting way off topic here.
Well, there there seems to be no recent news of note
Old 02-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #100
james17
All Star Starter

I'm beginning to get that sinking feeling again that something has gone wrong with this project and am getting doubtful that we'll see it this year or ever. The long silence on the development of a football game has happened before when the project stalled.

I know I'm on the pessimistic side here...maybe they'll surprise me.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong, please, and why I should be more optimistic.