Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:41 PM   #241
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

I noticed the Stone OL league is also with the BFF league this week. That's kind of fun; the two popular F2P leagues uniting for a bit.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #242
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I noticed the Stone OL league is also with the BFF league this week. That's kind of fun; the two popular F2P leagues uniting for a bit.
First of many (friendly) battles between the two best F2P groups.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:48 PM   #243
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Finally in the Fold

Sometimes you just gotta get off the damned treadmill, especially when your aging, nostalgia addled noggin keeps giving you foolish and impulsive schemes...and you keep jumping right on board with them.

I did it again. In a brand new dumb, no dumber, no dumbest way. Yesterday morning, I finally decided I was going to go 1700-1800 as the total outlay for the last two Oakland 70's cards to get the Eddie Plank I had turned into an obsession. I realized, after all my missteps, I was gonna have about 7,000 PP as my my final price (It's probably closer to 8,000, but I'm too embarrassed to figure it out. )

Of course, I had a plan to make sure I was disciplined this time. I would be a bit more patient and check the AH, find a card with an end time at least a couple of hours away, and a buy now price 100 more than I wanted to pay, say 800 for a card I would pay 700 for. Then I would bid 799, and go about my day. I told myself that I would not be tempted, and vowed not to check on the card until the next day. I kept that pledge, setting in motion an event of the like that has been the hallmark of this twisted tale.

I checked the AH and saw the cheaper of the two 70's left going off in like 6 hours, so I bid 799 on it and switched over to Terra Incognita to open a pack they'd won, before going to play board games with my two sons. I pulled an 80 Pete Ward, let out a whoot (!), and went to play.

Later, when I logged back into Port Ruppert, I just wanted to see if sims were done for the day, thinking I'd get the standings done before turning in. It was starting in a minute or two, so I quick checked the AH, saw a decent price, and put in a bid on the second card, proud I had put my clever plan of self discipline into action. I figured that, even if I lost one or both, I'd could just rinse and repeat, and over the course of a few days, I'd finally have my pitcher.

While I was going through the team by team, I got the pop up that said I'd won the auction, Awwrright! The other auction still had hours to go, so I called it night.

When I next logged into Port Ruppert, my PP were less than 100, which excited me! I was happy and relieved when I clicked on the collections tab, scrolled down to Oakland and WTF??

How could there be 25 of 26 cards? Damn, I figured, just my luck. Something went wrong with the server, and now I would have to wait for the card. I was pretty sure that I could put it in on the bug report forum and they could fix it.

You probably have already figured out what I saw when I check my transactions. Yes, I did it. Bid twice on the same card. And won them both.

It was so ridiculous, I couldn't do anything but laugh at myself. I put the double up for auction, with the buy now set to cover the cost of the more expensive bid. Thankfully, it sold in less than an hour, while I was still playing. I immediately went to the AH to find a buy now that my 987 PP would cover, and, thankfully, found a player name that was NOT in red, plunked down 900, vowing never to chase the AH again. At least not without adult supervision.

I doubt I'll forget this hilarious fiasco. Think about this. How well do you remember the details of a long ago trip or event where everything went smoothly? Then think about the times when something went humorously haywire. I bet if you try, you can remember the smallest things and you'll be smiling.

Thank you if you have read this far. I hope you enjoyed a look at the inner workings of the Port Ruppert brain trust. Just don't begin to expect any further secrets on player acquisition to be revealed. I can't imagine I could be this scatter brained again.

Or could I?
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:46 PM   #244
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Eddie is pretty cool. Keeps the HRs down and holds the runners.
Attached Images

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:03 AM   #245
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Warriers Lead Seven Way Race in OL R92

Coney Island sits barely atop the tight bunch, that's wide open. With two more days of sims to go, you can probably extend the list of contenders to an even dozen.

Aside to Edster. Your team name gave me a chuckle because it made me think of a particular species of fish one might see back in the old days of fishing off the jetties, or the beaches in the polluted waters off Brooklyn and Staten Island.
Attached Images
Old 04-03-2020, 08:28 AM   #246
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Coney Island sits barely atop the tight bunch, that's wide open. With two more days of sims to go, you can probably extend the list of contenders to an even dozen.

Aside to Edster. Your team name gave me a chuckle because it made me think of a particular species of fish one might see back in the old days of fishing off the jetties, or the beaches in the polluted waters off Brooklyn and Staten Island.
That made me laugh out loud.

Just to clarify I did name the team (which is a carryover from an APBA league) for the cult classic movie-not the infamous white fish
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:57 AM   #247
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Boomerangs had some decent pack luck this week. Got a challenge pack which included a diamond Aroldis Chapman. Sold it on the AH for about 5K.

Used a couple K to get Bullet Joe Bush (87), sank the rest into some packs and got Historical Legend Corey Kluber Peak (96). Gave the all Bronze starting rotation some much needed support!

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #248
Charlatan
All Star Starter

It’s a whole new year however Annandale has started their traditional late season swoon right on schedule! I want to murderate everyone of those bozos.

Ironically, the worst thing they did was start out super hot. Because it gave me high expectations. However, even though this is the rookie league, many OL teams are pretty stacked so nobody should have expected an easy go of it..

Last edited by Charlatan; 04-03-2020 at 09:41 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:15 AM   #249
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Hartford Ct: The Whalers are pleased to announce the addition of 82-rated Gold Max Scherzer. As a result, Johnny Antonelli was sent to the minors. "It was a tough choice to send down a great pitcher who gave the fans their first ever no-hitter," the Whalers manager was quoted saying. This should solidify a promising rotation, joining Tom Seaver, Teddy Higuera, ace Rick Waits and Dennis Rasmussen.

PT22: FTP Team "Our League Member"

PT21: FTP Non-Live Cards "Our-League member"

PT21: FTP Team

PT 20 History:
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #250
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

I'd like to join back up after a fun run in PT20 with this group. I'm in rookie on the two teams i'd like to join with, and will be promoted on both. The team names are Kansas Rangers, and Kansas Bombers. The usernames are Maxfire5_ and Maxfire5__ respectively.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:09 PM   #251
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfire5 View Post
I'd like to join back up after a fun run in PT20 with this group. I'm in rookie on the two teams i'd like to join with, and will be promoted on both. The team names are Kansas Rangers, and Kansas Bombers. The usernames are Maxfire5_ and Maxfire5__ respectively.

Welcome back!
Old 04-03-2020, 12:10 PM   #252
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfire5 View Post

added to the sheet.

any other new additions I might have missed since the season started?
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #253
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

3500 PP was just way too much!

But I was very, VERY tempted.
Attached Images
Old 04-03-2020, 01:59 PM   #254
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Please Post Logos

Especially if you're in OL R92. That appears to be the only league with enough competitors to award a crown. If you posted your logo last year, or if you won any color crown and have not changed your logo, then no need to upload because I have it already.

If you're using a game generated logo and I have to snip it from the game, I will do the best I can, but it'll probably be fuzzy. That also applies if I have to snip yours from the game.

If you want help or a suggested logo, there are people willing to help. I have fun making them, so might make one just for grins. Whether you use it or not, no offense will be taken for your rejection. If I get something close and you have tweaks in mind, speak up. If you just have an idea in mind, post it and I'm sure someone will take a whack.

Please do it soon, while the world is on hiatus. When things get back to a more normal schedule, I will have less time, but will keep up the crowns, at least. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #255
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Especially if you're in OL R92. That appears to be the only league with enough competitors to award a crown. If you posted your logo last year, or if you won any color crown and have not changed your logo, then no need to upload because I have it already.

If you're using a game generated logo and I have to snip it from the game, I will do the best I can, but it'll probably be fuzzy. That also applies if I have to snip yours from the game.

If you want help or a suggested logo, there are people willing to help. I have fun making them, so might make one just for grins. Whether you use it or not, no offense will be taken for your rejection. If I get something close and you have tweaks in mind, speak up. If you just have an idea in mind, post it and I'm sure someone will take a whack.

Please do it soon, while the world is on hiatus. When things get back to a more normal schedule, I will have less time, but will keep up the crowns, at least. Thanks.
The Otonokizaka Muse will continue to use the Nico image that the Kneecappers did in 20. Same themed team.

UP TO THE MINUTE ST160 STANDINGS
Otonokizaka: 7-3 (.700)
Transylvania: 3-3 (.500)
Krikkit: 4-5 (.444)
Daytona Beach: 2-5 (.285)

These are effectively the final ST160 standings as there are no remaining OL games left to be played. Otonokizaka the only OL team here in contention for a playoff spot. They, along with the not yet compliant Terra Incognita Rustlers are pushing for promotion.

Old 04-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #256
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Kansas Bombers Logo?

Perhaps this.
Attached Images
Old 04-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #257
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Rams, Rock Piles and White Stallions reporting in...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #258
Magus978
All Star Starter

Otonokizaka was no-hit by a live pitcher. Time to disband the franchise. No coming back from that.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:55 PM   #259
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Whalers Logo

Here ya go!
Attached Images

PT22: FTP Team "Our League Member"

PT21: FTP Non-Live Cards "Our-League member"

PT21: FTP Team

PT 20 History:
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:25 PM   #260
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Arrow Hooterville Logo

Here is the stock logo I'm using for Hooterville.

Thanks
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote