Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:07 AM   #1
MrMojok
Bat Boy

Importing historical players

I love the idea of importing players from the past into the current major leagues.

But is there any box to check when importing a historical player, to sort of "adjust" his ratings to fit in with current-day leagues?

I see you can use "real stats" or "neutralized stats" but that's not quite what I mean.

Using the example of Bob Feller, this was a guy from an era when pitchers in general had a lot less velo than they do today, but Bob himself most certainly threw hard.

If I import Feller from 1946 and have him start for a 2019 team, from what I have seen he's going to get something like 9 K/9, close to what he got in 1946 when people struck out much less. I would think with his stuff he'd be a pitcher who today would be up at or near the top of the K/9 leaderboard. Like up around 12 K/9 or thereabouts.

Likewise, if Lou Gherig stepped out of a time portal from 1927 into 2019, I have no doubt that he'd be a good player, but I do not think he would hit around .370 with 50+ dingers.

Of course I can play in commissioner mode and edit imported players as I see fit, but is there any function in the game I'm missing that would sort of "upgrade/normalize" him for me automatically?

Last edited by MrMojok; 04-03-2020 at 01:33 PM.
MrMojok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

You could just unretire the guy but might just stay in Minors and retire at years end.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:14 PM   #3
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
But is there any box to check when importing a historical player, to sort of "adjust" his ratings to fit in with current-day leagues?
No, because the historical database only contains stats, so the game has no way to make a comparison at time of import. For the Gehrig example, you'd probably want to start a historical 1927 game and copy his ratings from there. If there's an easier way, I'd love to know about it myself .
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote