Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
garyi57
Bat Boy

I need help creating a league please

I am trying to create a 2 division, 10 team league using MLB players. I can make 2 five team divisions, but I can't import MLB players. I want to do an inaugural draft using MLB players to draft the ten teams. Any solutions?

Thank you, Gary
garyi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:03 AM   #2
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Are you setting the league up as fictional from the creation screen?
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:40 PM   #3
coreych
Bat Boy

Start a normal league, clear the rosters from the league, then delete all the MLB teams and replace them with the teams in your fantasy league. Schedule a free agent draft, start the draft, export draft order and results. Make note of the file location it exported out of, then follow that file location to open the draft results file in excel. You should see a "player" column with a bunch of zeros. Open the draft pool csv file to see the complete player pool and copy the player IDs into the far right column, you will either delete this column later or just don't save the file. Now go to your fantasy league site and download everyone's rosters. in your league roster excel file perform a vlookup function =vlookup(player name column,draft pool table starting at the player name column and including the second player ID column, column number of the second player ID column, false).

That VLookup will return the player ID of each player in your fantasy league, some might return N/A. This is likely because the names don't match, try slight variations on player names like changing "Steven Souza" to "Steven Souza Jr." or "Jake Junis" to "Jakob Junis". Now you just need to import the player IDs for the player on each team into the draft results. This might be as simple as copy-pasting, or it might require another vlookup function.

Then you just need to set the league settings to whatever you want in the league. Instead of downloading the draft results and doing what I described above you could just draft into each team player by player. I tried that, I got about halfway done in about 10 hours then my computer restarted and I hadn't saved, so I lost about half my progress and went in search of a better way. If you have a VERY small league (8 teams or less I would think, maybe 10 will be tolerable, but it will take you a while) you can just manually draft the players in and it shouldn't be too small.

Also be sure in league settings to set roster size to the size of your league's actual rosters otherwise I assume the program is going to want to fill the extra roster spots with someone. I would also recommend turning off computer front offices and injuries unless your leaguemates are going to adjust their rosters as people get hurt.
coreych is offline   Reply With Quote