Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21 > Auction House Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 03-25-2020, 10:06 PM   #1
yno88
Minors (Double A)

OK I'll go First

The auction house is a complete ****show because of the good rewards for collecting bronzes. The problem is, the best offensive player in the game is Bagwell. You can get him for collecting nothing. Why would I pay for a better 1B? Why would I drop 60k PP on a good 1B?

So there's a ton of legend cards out there that there is no reason to go after because the collection rewards are better. All 1B up until 97 Bagwell are useless.

There was a lot of talk about "bottleneck cards" in PT20, and people saying they couldn't go on because of these diamond "bottleneck cards". Now the bottleneck cards are silvers and everybody gets a free 1B that's a 97.

Is this better?

Last edited by yno88; 03-25-2020 at 10:11 PM.
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
Orion
Major Leagues

Certainly better for FTP players. I think the HOU collection will become harder to complete at least as people realize how coveted it is.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:54 PM   #3
Jonesey
Minors (Double A)

As a new player to the perfect team mode, what would be the best strategy to acquire this free Bagwell card? I'm not spending any money in this mode so it seems that it would be a pipe dream to acquire all of the cards needed for the collection.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:46 PM   #4
rburgh
All Star Reserve

Just keep buying Live Astros

When you get to 26 of them, you are in business. The best way to do this is to set the card type in the top left box of the AH to 2020 MLB Live and type astros in the search box on the 2nd row. Then set the sort drop down at the right of the 2nd row to Current price ascending or Buy it Now ascending an fill your shopping cart. As you fill your pantry with iron cards, you may want to keep adjusting your minimum card value upwards to avoid having to sort through pages and pages of duplicate iron cards that you already own.

At some point, you may want to strategize about which of the current live cards will help your team most in the short term (or in the long term if you decide to save up for Verlander) and buy them to accelerate the earnings rate for your team.

Happy Hunting.

And I just don't get the "free" about Bagwell - if yno88 pulled him in his starter kit, he was very lucky. I run the 6 teams below, and every one of them got two free gold packs, one for early purchase and one for using a repeat ID. The best card I pulled for any of those teams was teh 89 Derrek Lee. I got him on two teams, and he is very good.

And I also disagree that Bags is the best 1B, let alone the best offensive player in the card set.

Last edited by rburgh; 04-13-2020 at 12:51 PM.
rburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #5
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburgh View Post
When you get to 26 of them, you are in business. The best way to do this is to set the card type in the top left box of the AH to 2020 MLB Live and type astros in the search box on the 2nd row. Then set the sort drop down at the right of the 2nd row to Current price ascending or Buy it Now ascending an fill your shopping cart. As you fill your pantry with iron cards, you may want to keep adjusting your minimum card value upwards to avoid having to sort through pages and pages of duplicate iron cards that you already own.

At some point, you may want to strategize about which of the current live cards will help your team most in the short term (or in the long term if you decide to save up for Verlander) and buy them to accelerate the earnings rate for your team.

Happy Hunting.

And I just don't get the "free" about Bagwell - if yno88 pulled him in his starter kit, he was very lucky. I run the 6 teams below, and every one of them got two free gold packs, one for early purchase and one for using a repeat ID. The best card I pulled for any of those teams was teh 89 Derrek Lee. I got him on two teams, and he is very good.

And I also disagree that Bags is the best 1B, let alone the best offensive player in the card set.
If Bagwell isn't the best hitter in the set he's pretty close. And the better 1B are the whale cards that will never go for less than six figures. The only hitters in the set I haven't had a chance to run a full season with are Yaz and Yogi, and my Bagwell has put up two straight seasons better than any I have seen from the others (on my team and others).

OP posted this two weeks ago, and the prices for completing Houston have definitely gone up. I completed Live Houston a couple days into the first season on Letterkenny for less than 10,000 points total. Looking closer to 20,000+ now.

If a silver Houston player is posted for under 1,000, he's gone in minutes. Devenski, Smith, and maybe a couple other bronzes go for 500 consistently, Devenski maybe even more. And the golds are usually within a couple hundred points of 2,000, or higher for Altuve and Alvarez.