Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-25-2020, 12:44 PM   #1
BretRock
Minors (Double A)

Just Bought the Game, Can't Get it to Do Anything

I just bought this game today and have the newest version, but it won't let me start a game.

I want to start an online league, but it crashes every time as it's creating the game. When I try to continue game, it crashes.

Then I just tried starting a non-online league and that one crashed as it was creating the league too.

Not a great start.

Any tips?

Bret
BretRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Sorry you're having trouble. How it it crashing? Out of the program or is it just saying "not responding?"

Do you have Steam or the Fastspring version?

If Steam, try verifying the Game Cache as well. right click on the game, go to Properties, Local Files - and Verify. It may be something did not install correctly.

If neither of those work, make sure you've whitelisted the program with your antivirus as well.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #3
BretRock
Minors (Double A)

It's crashing out of the game.

I have the FastSpring version.

I can try whitelisting my game with my antivirus, but it seems like that would prevent the game from opening at all, right?

I can open it and try to create a game, but when I try to actually get it started, that's when it crashes.

I also can't seem to unlicense the game either, so while I was going to try to reinstall, I don't want to do that until after I can confirm it's been unlicensed.

Thanks for the response.

Bret
Old 03-26-2020, 12:10 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretRock View Post
It's crashing out of the game.

I have the FastSpring version.

I can try whitelisting my game with my antivirus, but it seems like that would prevent the game from opening at all, right?

I can open it and try to create a game, but when I try to actually get it started, that's when it crashes.

I also can't seem to unlicense the game either, so while I was going to try to reinstall, I don't want to do that until after I can confirm it's been unlicensed.

Thanks for the response.

Bret
It may, but not necessarily. Also how much Disk space do you have on the drive? It may be an issue there.

If neither works, I would try a fresh download/install. If that doesn't work, we can go from there.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:10 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

That sounds like Windows User Account Control might be having trouble writing the save file. Before you try reinstalling, try starting the game in administrator mode - right-click on the icon/shortcut, then select "Run as administrator.:"
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #6
BretRock
Minors (Double A)

I tried running as administrator and ran into the same issue.

Bret
Old 03-26-2020, 12:28 PM   #7
BretRock
Minors (Double A)

I can go through all the menus, but after I've customized by GM and basically click to advance, it starts to create the league, then crashes out of the game.

Does the same thing if I try to Continue Game.

Bret
Old 03-28-2020, 09:50 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, I think a trace file may help us figure out what's going on. From the start screen, go into Settings, then on the Troubleshooting tab, click "Enable Debug Trace". Then try to start a game, and when it crashes go into your \debug folder and either attach the fhm_trace.txt file you find there to a post or send it to me via PM. That should give us some more information to work from.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:17 PM   #9
BretRock
Minors (Double A)

I wound up uninstalling/reinstalling and when I re-installed, I ran the install file as administrator. Not sure if that mattered or not, but it did get fixed.

Thanks for the effort to assist.

Bret