Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 03-01-2020, 12:11 PM   #201
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

FAhhhhk

I was definitely more ready for the playoffs today than I had been in a good 30 simulated seasons, but it did not matter. We went one and done.

Took a 3-2 lead into the 8th inning against the Sabbatus Phanatics and Al Kaline (I recently noticed his name without the space and caps is alkaline.) & Carl Yastremzki really rained on my day.

Going into the bottom of the 9th we were down 6-3 and did not much threaten to score. That was the final.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #202
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Achievement-wise...

2067 was the season of the silvers & bronzes.

10 silvers worth an average of 525 each.

169 bronzes worth 9700 total. (I don't recall having a season of better than one per game bronze achievements to this point.)

But 0 golds. I haven't had a good gold achievements season in awhile.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:00 AM   #203
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

MmmHmm...

The plan is to start this season with rather loosely our first group to win a PL championship. Not too loosely, but there are some significant changes...& still planning auto-pilot which was NOT a part of that season too often.

I might make a change once a month or something (after a real day), based on exactly 10,0496 factors.

And manage to enjoy a 49th consecutive week of PT actively (5000+ hrs. of program open time.) Just less actively than in the past.

Old 03-03-2020, 12:35 PM   #204
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Baseball really is a team game

I just looked over my active roster & decided to sub in 1 IF & 1 OF for 2 OFs. I felt the value of the un-named IF & OF out-weighed the 2 OFs substanially enough to swap them in & work out the how to use them post-swap.

Well, after about 80 minutes of trying to figure out how these 14 position players would be used vs. the other 14 position players I came up with something that COULD be an improvement but it took 80 minutes. And it may not have been an improvement.

I mentioned earlier in this thread I went back to my original team that won our first PL title. Maybe that's why...almost stats aside & all, everything fit.

The guys I subbed out are only out for 2 weeks....like another 7 real hours. So if I don't like the way the games play out by the end of today I'll simply sub them back in and not do any more subs until I see what I'm doing with the players at all 9 positions over the course of the season.

Old 03-06-2020, 02:49 AM   #205
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I was very impressed but..

Perfect-est?

I can nitpick....

Why would you play Willie Mays in LF and DiMaggio in CF? Doesn't make sense to me. Why 3 RH 2nd basemen...superfluous...add 99 collins and sell any 2 of the others. I'd want one more LHP in my pen for playoff matchups, I would jiggle the lineup a bit as well, not 5 lefties then 4 righties, makes it too easy on the AI.

I can come up with more, but it would be classified.
The Guardians a very fine team as well.

It's not like the Gold Miners were so much better that , well lol, you don't have their longevity...I'm talking perfectest.

Old 03-08-2020, 07:55 PM   #206
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

A memoir from the end of the 2068 season from 2020

It's a bit before the start of the 2020 MLB Regular Season and my 2068 week in Perfect Team has just ended.

I went back to basics, & the results were outstanding at times...but I did have some fun with my team's make-up during the season, I have NO idea how that affected the results, of course.

Anyway, first I'd like to leave this monthly report:

April we went 15-11 & seemed a bit unfortunate.
May was an amazing month where we went 21-5, with at least one gold achievement, a no-hitter from Seaver, and it was the same day the 2nd bat in about 3 months thought the light on in my warm house was a good place to go, I suppose to get a break from the cold, cold night. It certainly wasn't a Tommy Boy scene but inside I was a little jittery...I could see the little flyer was just being his batty self, though, so I closed the door in the room and opened both of the windows. He flew around for about 20 minutes and disappeared into the night. I did enough reading to just sit in the room and kind of watch the bat even though I was a bit afraid of the possibility of it batting me.
In June, we went 21-7, which was just about as good as May.
In July, we went 18-6, which was the same win pct. as June.
Now at this point, it looked like maybe the whole plan worked or was working, it's just that kind of taking a break from PT means that I don't just leave things as they are at the beginning of the week....Actually in 2067, I managed to do that, but in 2068 I wondered a bit about what else I wanted to do, & that led to some strange managerial choices & I closed out going
16-12 in August and
15-12 plus 2-1 in October. Not too shabby at all, but by "my plan" I meant to get back to 112+ wins or more than our best to date (115)...We ended up falling 7 games short of that. Still pretty darn good.

The playoff bracket looked good but I didn't realize the Whatever Whatever bunch had basically had their lousiest season in a long, long time, winning "only" 100 games, and though we went 4-3 against them in regular season play, we went 2-3 against them in our little best out of 5 series.

So as much as I took my 2nd of 3 weeks off, there was all that going on.

I guess if there was a complaint about teams that sort of wind up with 115 wins every season guaranteed, it's similar to the complaint about tankers but the opposite.

Tankers use a strategy that bothers some teams a great deal.
But the most competitive of teams use a strategy that can be a bit bothersome, too.
They'll claim they don't enjoy winning in particular 120 games. But that...is until they do not...until they win 70 or 60 or 50 games at full tilt, I'm not sure it's any wronger a strategy a tank than to I suppose take the game a bit too seriously.

I don't really think I fault either extreme because whatever they gain, they gain, whatever they lose, they lose, just like any other team.

But I saw a similarity of sorts and noted it. Either extreme could potentially frustrate another team that might have a point about how the tanker (winner version) & tanker (loser version) is going about their business. At the same time, anything goes, & things, things that are problematic, like to work themselves out to some solution...universally, ay?

That was long enough that if I have anything else for the 2068 season I'll put it in the next post.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 03-08-2020 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:55 PM   #207
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

So anyway, I'm not stuck on the fact that I lost another close PL Divisional Series. I've lost quite a few of them now, though...hehe.

Except for this:

Like a condition where I'm not enjoying the seasons other aspects at a pace that is working for me...after a 2 week semi-break I thought that would be a bit more resolved than it is now. But to tell more about 2068 right now?

Here's what I have:

108-54, won division by 29 games.
Joe McGinnity did quite nicely in relief...in 60 innings he compiled a ERA well under 3. Pleased with that. I can't stand (personally) a strict adherance to the statistically more valuable player...but that is ONLY when I get beaten by such a strategy. And I'm rather confident my strategy (which involves quite a bit of stats & math but far from leaving it at that) works rather well when I apply it just right.
We're talking 49 weeks in a row now so ...there is some OBVIOUS explanation for why I might be kind of "full" of numbers and my other ideas and need to go drain them in some form or another, in order to refresh them. The 2 week limited time has only gone so far.
But yeah, I don't have a ton more to note from the fantasy season like I was able to absorb it...then again I made a point not to absorb it.

Maybe after this one more relaxed week, I can go back into managing mode with a somewhat refreshed view. Of course life is going on all the time and that's gonna dictate a lot of it, this is merely the at-the-computer baseball sims, & that's what most of this rambling is getting at.

Wade Boggs said something about people asking him Why? all the time, and him replying "I see the ball, I hit it."

I watch the games, I sim the games. I manage my team. I've had a few thoughts on how to go about that a little differently going forward as well, though, so as to MAKE EVERYTHING WORK

Old 03-12-2020, 12:51 AM   #208
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

We're in first place after about 80 games.

Brett & Alfonzo at 3rd instead of Schmidt...

Orval Overall off to a great start (4-0), has all but collapsed since & is sporting an ERA of near 7.00 now after about 11 starts.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:40 AM   #209
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Pretty Proud...

Won another division title in 2069.

A run at our 6th Championship today.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:15 PM   #210
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

After my 3rd week off...

I feel like I refreshed a bit but I probably still played the game at about an average participation rate.

BTW, we lost in the divisional series again. For whatever reason, I decided to take 11 out of my 25 starters out for the postseason...but I did replace them with choice players who I wanted to see get some action...

For example, in game 1, we were down 1-0 & Darryl Strawberry hit a pinch-hit grand slam walk-off. But we had something like 2006 Mets luck in the series...

Next game (vs. Jupiter Marlins) we lost 5-0.

Game 3 we won on a patented "Rickey" run in the 10th inning, 2-1.

Game 4 we could not win (L 3-5), Frank Baker doing some base-clearing for the Marlins.

Game 5 at home we could not win either, losing 6-5. Stan Musial won Series MVP but it was a pretty nice team effort on their part.

Maybe we do some more scoring with the regular season lineup in, but they beat Seaver, Blue & Koufax with Carew, Musial, Baker, Lindor & Gehringer all having an impact.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:25 PM   #211
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Game 1 2069 DS Summary

:d
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2020, 12:50 PM   #212
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Piazza GW HR

At Shea. Not bad. As a Mets fan, the backdrop there's a bit hilly, but not bad.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2020, 12:51 PM   #213
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

But hill, the backdrop's covered up.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #214
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Mets wouldn't have won the 1986 World Series without Kevin Mitchell.

Cheers

Old 03-24-2020, 09:03 AM   #215
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

2070-2071

The New York Flyers had a very successful 2070, going 110-52 in the regular season & earning a playoff date vs. the Jonestown Punch.

We lost the series, 3-2.

1-2 Loss
9-0 Win
1-2 Loss
7-2 Win
5-7 Loss

Meanwhile, we won our 5000th! game in franchise history early in 2071. Keith Hernandez went 5-for-5 & we scored 18 runs.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2020, 11:25 PM   #216
Orion
Major Leagues

Am I allowed to gloat in your thread?

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:44 PM   #217
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Am I allowed to gloat in your thread?

Yes it is on the new server but I thought you would like to see what was certainly a Terrific Pull... 1st or 2nd best card I've ever gotten from a pack. My luck is changing...
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2020, 11:57 PM   #218
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I don't entirely object to the report.

But...why my thread?

I didn't know anything about your poor luck. Seemed in OOTP anyway, you've had terrific luck.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 03-26-2020 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:09 AM   #219
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
I don't entirely object to the report.

But...why my thread?

I didn't know anything about your poor luck. Seemed in OOTP anyway, you've had terrific luck.
Oh, because you are the Mets fan? I definitely had good luck (bops his Keith Hernandez Bobblehead) in winning tough playoff series, no doubt of that. But as for opening packs in 2020 I had terrible luck. Best card I ever pulled was a 93 Mussina out of at least 200 packs. What PP I had was from acheivements, buy low/sell high, collections, and my own back pocket. I probably spent about $300 on the team which sounds like a lot because it is. At the same time, I was/am able to compete with teams that likely spent thousands and had been playing all season.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:19 AM   #220
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Oh, because you are the Mets fan? I definitely had good luck (bops his Keith Hernandez Bobblehead) in winning tough playoff series, no doubt of that. But as for opening packs in 2020 I had terrible luck. Best card I ever pulled was a 93 Mussina out of at least 200 packs. What PP I had was from acheivements, buy low/sell high, collections, and my own back pocket. I probably spent about $300 on the team which sounds like a lot because it is. At the same time, I was/am able to compete with teams that likely spent thousands and had been playing all season.
Yeah, people built their teams in all different fashions.

Well, congratulations. Now you're off to a good start in 3.0, something I haven't gotten into yet partly just because I am still interested in these 2.0 seasons. (And not sure if I want to jump from one team to another 1-3 yet or haven't figured my rough plan for doing so yet.)