Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:22 AM   #21
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
no sorry cannot see his rating just inputting my choices I would put him at least a two though
The McGregor one rating that I posted defeated Hurd, a JMW champion 8% of the time which is highly unrealistic. The rating I posted via the write-in is a zero and defeated Hurd 1% of the time.

Cyborg was just granted a boxing license in California. She will be a much better boxer than McGregor has proven to be.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #22
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
The McGregor one rating that I posted defeated Hurd, a JMW champion 8% of the time which is highly unrealistic. The rating I posted via the write-in is a zero and defeated Hurd 1% of the time.

Cyborg was just granted a boxing license in California. She will be a much better boxer than McGregor has proven to be.
Wow, he beat the 8 rated Hurd 8%? Yeah that is hard to believe.

I saw a pic of him & Trout, I always thought Austin was a tall JMW - in the pic I saw, he's looking up @ Hurd. That guy is huge!

Also saw the news about Cyborg, will be interesting to see how she does in boxing.

And this from Oscar:

At 44-years-old, and with proper training for a return, he believes that it would take him no more than two rounds to put away McGregor. of himself.

“Yeah [I would beat McGregor]. It can’t go more than two rounds,” De La Hoya said.

De La Hoya was asked point blank if he believes that he could catch and stop McGregor in the in the first six minutes and he said "absolutely" - although he did have some concern if the fight went beyond the early rounds.

Last edited by hamed2; 09-08-2017 at 08:29 AM.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #23
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

i will test it running some fights in the division to see how it handle it
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #24
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Conor looks like he really started something:

Michael Bisping: I'd Love To Shut Tony Bellew's Big Mouth!
UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is ready to follow in the footsteps of Conor McGregor.

Last month, McGregor - who holds the UFC lightweight title - made his professional boxing debut in a mega-fight with five division champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.

McGregor did better than expected before being stopped in the tenth round. When all of the revenue is counted up, he stands to make $100 million for the fight - something that very much interests Bisping and others.

Before Bisping can dream of making the same type of money, he must first deal with returning legend Georges St-Pierre in the main event of UFC 217 on November 4.

Bisping and Bellew have traded words in social media.
In a recent interview on BoxingScene.com, Bellew stated that it would be too easy for him to fight Bisping in a boxing ring and he would rather face him in the UFC. But Bisping feels a contest in the UFC would give him too much of an advantage and he would rather face Bellew in the ring.

"B******* to that, I'll step into a boxing ring with him," Bisping told Sportsmail when asked about Bellew's comments.

"I don't want to fight Tony Bellew in a cage, that would be too easy. Plus boxers get paid more money so I'm more than happy to box Tony Bellew, I'll step into his backyard. People will say I'm trying to copy Conor McGregor. Jesus Christ, who doesn't want to copy that $100 million.

"If Tony wants to do it, let me get Georges St-Pierre out of the way and if he's serious about it, which it sounds like he is, then I'm serious about it, 100 percent. I mean I've got no problem. I mean, Tony's got a big mouth on him and I'd love to shut it. I know I can compete with him. I've got good boxing myself. It's a different style but yeah, I'd love that challenge."
Old 09-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #25
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Question

Ice Tea, just curious but how did Conor's 1 rating compare to the 0 you posted?

Also, he'd be considered a Slugger, correct?
Old 09-22-2017, 10:13 PM   #26
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

I am using 2.5 and I thought it was just me having issues importing into the game. Some files keep causing "fatal error" and then the game crashes.

EDIT: It seems any file that starts with the fighters first and then last I can't upload.

Last edited by Tim28; 09-22-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Tim28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #27
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Slugger: yes
The rating I posted performed more realistically against the elite of the current JMW division. The (1) rating defeated Hurd 8% of the time whereas the (0) rating only defeats him 1%.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:51 AM   #28
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
Slugger: yes
The rating I posted performed more realistically against the elite of the current JMW division. The (1) rating defeated Hurd 8% of the time whereas the (0) rating only defeats him 1%.
Thanks man, I was just curious what you changed in his ratings?

Talking about interesting results, I recently fought the 10 rated Canelo against light punching (5 rated) Willie Monroe & he dropped Canelo twice en route to a 12th round cut TKO win.

Last edited by hamed2; 09-25-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #29
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Max Kellerman, an expert analyst for HBO Boxing and ESPN, is very interested in the idea of a De La Hoya vs. McGregor fight - simply because De La Hoya, a six division world champion, has been out of the ring for nearly ten years.

McGregor has opened up as the favorite on several well-known betting sites - which shocked Kellerman.

"The amazing thing is that Conor McGregor is favored in this fight. But McGregor is a talented fighter. He's athletic, he's in his prime. He's a southpaw, he takes boxing seriously. I was glad to see it. De La Hoya is of course wrong when he says that he's faster and stronger than ever. If that were the case then it wouldn't be an interesting fight," Kellerman said. "The last time we saw Oscar in the ring he was getting [demolished] by little Manny Pacquiao - ten years ago.

" So who wins? I gotta go with De La Hoya based on the exercise and based on the fact that he was a great champion when he fought. If he can be half that fighter, it would be more than enough to beat McGregor. But I don't know if he can be. Have you ever seen a baseball player come back after ten years to play in an old-timers game - it's like they forgot how to run and throw and catch. De La Hoya should win, but man it's an interesting matchup and a good way to pocket a quick $50 or $100 million for Oscar.

"Oscar has to fight with a handicap. And handicap is, is that he hasn't been in the ring for ten years. And when he was last in the ring he was getting whooped. There's the handicap. McGregor's been active, he just went ten rounds with Mayweather. Being out of the ring for ten years is no cupcake."

Old 12-23-2017, 12:41 AM   #30
bear
Global Moderator

bump

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #31
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

And thanks again to Ice Tea for rating Conor - he got a draw with my 2 rated WBC world champ. Conor's not done in my universe.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #32
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Saw Chael Sonnen today on Jim Rome's show - he thinks Floyd & Conor will fight again. He thought Conor made so much in that fight he can now do as he wants & doesn't need MMA & thinks Floyd needs to fight again for the money.