Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:27 PM   #21
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
And I'm surprised you keep acting like I was taking to you?
lol, a post in a thread is a post to everyone. but, i'm sorry to have offended you somehow. have a good night!

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:31 PM   #22
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
lol, a post in a thread is a post to everyone. but, i'm sorry to have offended you somehow. have a good night!
Not offended at all.. Just commented about anything can be manipulated in response to the Braves fan that things stats are the gospel. Then you came along and wanted to do whatever it was you wanted to do? I can't say for sure bc I don't know what you were doing

But you have a great night as well
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:27 AM   #23
jumpin_james
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
Chill out? I'm not sure why you took my comments as anything but chill. I'm literally just sitting here, sipping on some tea, being completely non-confrontational.

However, in the context of what we're talking about in this thread, they don't lie. take your AAA player in rookie. his stats won't lie, just like Shakira's hips
How can I give this response a thumbs up, high five, and pat on the back? Lmao.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:52 AM   #24
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

That escalated quickly. Homeboy proved my point perfectly though. If he's in A ball hitting .380 (150 AB) - then lock him into AA/AAA. If he's hitting .120 then drop him back down to Rookie ball. No need to over-complicate it.

In fact - the second we begin over-analyzing players and focusing too much on their potential ratings then that player is not being developed in the most efficient manner possible. Stats always prove when a player is where he needs to be or not.

I'm just used to ratings lying to me because I tend to put most prospects at several different positions throughout their minors careers - which always hurts their OVR/POT ratings. But I would rather them have more flexibility when they're ready for the show & develop them all over the field than have to learn the position on my MLB team.

Pache is a perfect example of this. I forced him to learn LF/RF before coming up because Inciarte was my current CF. And when I forced him to learn LF/RF in AAA, his overall/potential ratings went from 45/65 to 35/50.

OVR/POT ratings lie! Follow the stats, they never lie
Attached Images

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
Oscar Gamble
naturaldopamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:06 AM   #25
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpin_james View Post
Does anybody have an opinion on whether these are truly a good indicator of when you should promote/demote a player? I'm wondering if they are based on a player being "hot/cold" rather than they are ready for the next league up. Thoughts?
I tend to use a combination of a players age, stats and experience. Experience defined by the players number of at bats or IP.

The other useful game tool I use is the "ratings relative to" feature. If a players ratings are maximized to his potential at a certain level then I look to promote him to his next level challenge.

USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:42 AM   #26
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Depends. If it is a player 27 or older and my scout says he isn't ready for AAA, unless his stats say different he is gone. Younger players it is a guide. If I have to make promotions solely on the basis of injury and I promoting non-prospects as cannon fodder until I can get someone off the injury or hire a FA, I will pay attention to them a little more. If neither playing is looking ready for the promotion and i have option between scrubs if one gets a red arrow on promotion and the other doesn't I move the one with a red arrow down. If someone has a green arrow at the draft I move them up.

Beyond that I look at stats more. If the kid has a red arrow but isn't struggling I keep him there. If he is struggling I move him down when someone is ready to move up or come off the IL. If he has a green arrow but is struggling at that level I don't move him.

I think to pay attention to green arrows more at A and below because the player development is more likely to put them over the line for promotion even if the stats didn't look good in a short season. Not much data on the kid and the scout says to move him up then I will if I have an opening. If I have scrubs above him and he looks average I might give him a chance and cut a going no where guy above him.

It is a guide not a rule. If you let the AI set things up you see a lot of red arrows. So I wouldn't be alarmed.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:57 AM   #27
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldopamine View Post
And when I forced him to learn LF/RF in AAA, his overall/potential ratings went from 45/65 to 35/50.

OVR/POT ratings lie! Follow the stats, they never lie
I have never really understood that one. Default setting is overall is based on all players not current position. So if this is on the ratings should only drop based on defense. It seems like the game still compares by position. That is the only explanation for why ratings would drop moving to the corner OF spots.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:23 PM   #28
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I don't think I keep anyone in my minors over 25 unless they are taxi type of AAA players. Or guys on my 40 man that are emergency replacements. Like 3rd catcher, infielder, outfielder, and a pitcher.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote