Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 07-24-2004, 03:22 PM   #21
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Hey Cato, couldn't you get championships won from the player histories. Not sure if it would be possible to use them or not. I think people would have to be able to manually enter their "Championship" name, though.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:14 AM   #22
Shorty
All Star Reserve

gb, or just take whoever had postseason stats that year from the champion team.

ANOTHER THING: Designated Hitter Positional Chart! Maybe a checkbox under the Options to indicate which leagues (if any) have the DH? Pleeease! I hate having an awesome player not show up because he's a DH.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:25 AM   #23
jcato
Minors (Double A)

gbmoore121, I think you're right. That's what I'm going to look into. Shorty, the postseason stat approach would leave out players on the 25-man who didn't play. That wouldn't be right.

And, you're right, the DH should be included.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:22 PM   #24
d_elliott
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Jeff,

Would you consider saving your results in an XML database rather than an Access database. This would let people use XSL to query and format html pages.

Dan
Old 07-26-2004, 04:27 PM   #25
jmm8356
All Star Starter

From the readme:

"Divisions must have names, even if there is only one division in each league."

A few questions for jcato:

1) What kind of bad things happen if you do not name your divisions?

2) What kind of bad things, if any, would happen if you do not name your leagues?

3) Do you have any suggestions for those running a 2 league, 1 division per league setup? (which is really a one league, two division setup w/ playoffs)

I just would rather not see that a team won the "Western Division Western Division" or "Wst Western" crown.

(Incidentially, why are league abbreviations limited to three characters in OOTP? It's bad enough to have separate divisional record books and leader boards, but "He's leading the Est [or Wst] in HRs with 12!"? Ridiculous.)
Old 07-26-2004, 11:14 PM   #26
jcato
Minors (Double A)

d_elliott,

Probably not. I don't know much about XML, and don't have a need to learn it. The database is open, Access database, so anyone could take that and work with it.

jmm8356,

1. Nothing really bad, it will work. On the League summary page, the link to the Division History chart would be missing. There might be in places where the wording is odd, but I can't find any right now.

2. This will not work. The data won't import if a league name is blank.

3. Not sure what you mean. A 2-league, 1 division setup is a standard historical MLB setup. It would work fine.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:46 AM   #27
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Just noticed something, and maybe this was never there...but on the Awards page, it just says Batter Award and Pitcher Award. Didn't the headings use to have the names as they appeared in OOTP6?

by the way...thanks...I love this utility
Old 07-27-2004, 03:31 AM   #28
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Nevermind...just ran season number 2 and the award names are there. weird. I'll chalk it up to a fluke.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:50 PM   #29
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this is just me but when you are on a team page and you click on a manager name, its looking for the manager in the team's directory but these pages don't exist under team directories.

Just a minor problem with the html reports I thought I would bring to your attention(if you didnt already know about it)
Old 07-27-2004, 02:36 PM   #30
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu
Not sure if this is just me....
its not just you, me too

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 07-27-2004, 04:52 PM   #31
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

I would like to see...

the option to have presimmed stats included into the leaders boards. To speed up the compilation of stats I break my league into 25 year periods and create a new database. I would love to have the option to have the current players career records brought into the new leaders boards......
Old 07-29-2004, 03:05 PM   #32
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

i am brand new to catobase and i have ootp 6..

which files i need to download?

thanks
Old 07-29-2004, 09:41 PM   #33
jcato
Minors (Double A)

Download the 5.4.0 version, unzip it and run the setup program. Then download the update to 6.1.3 and unzip it to the folder you installed CatoBase to, usually c:\program files\CatoBase.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #34
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_elliott
Jeff,

Would you consider saving your results in an XML database rather than an Access database. This would let people use XSL to query and format html pages.

Dan
I'm not certain, but I thought I remember hearing from someone that the latest version of Access will actually allow you to convert an Access Database into XML format. I don't have the latest version of Access, so I'm not sure if that option is really there or whether it works very well or not.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Old 08-05-2004, 12:26 AM   #35
SpaceMonkey13
Minors (Single A)

I've yet to upgrade and found an issue with slg% on the team batting register. Slg% is very low (eg., player slugged over .600 his 2 years in the league but batting register has his slg at .457). Seems to be the case for any player with more than a handful of ExBH. Has this been fixed in the patch, or even found by anyone else? Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, a quick search of your forum turned up nothing.

thx for this great utility...
Old 08-05-2004, 01:45 PM   #36
gcsii99
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey13
I've yet to upgrade and found an issue with slg% on the team batting register. Slg% is very low (eg., player slugged over .600 his 2 years in the league but batting register has his slg at .457). Seems to be the case for any player with more than a handful of ExBH. Has this been fixed in the patch, or even found by anyone else? Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, a quick search of your forum turned up nothing.

Wow...i'm seeing the same thing...never noticed that at all
Old 08-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #37
jcato
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey13

Wow, nice catch. There's an error in the formula for OBP, SLG, and OPS. I must have been tired when I did that section! I'll fix it for the next update.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:49 PM   #38
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposableheros
its not just you, me too

x3

Came here to mention it.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #39
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Jeff,

I didn't notice this being mentioned, but forgive me if it already has: Could CatoBase be expanded to include the players in the retired.dat file? I started my MLB league in 2004, so there are 103 years of history that aren't reflected in the CatoBase. I suppose I could try monkeying with the database manually, but that seems like more work than I really want to put into it...
Old 08-10-2004, 10:55 AM   #40
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but since you've included pre-sim stats listed for players in the Hall of Fame, is there any way that you can use these stats to determine, the grey ink, black ink and Hall of Fame Standards scores?
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."