Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-24-2018, 08:21 AM   #1
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Season 4 (2022) Discussion: 12/24/18-12/30/18

Here We go . Season 4.

My main team is in Gold .296 after it went from first to worst the last two seasons. We do have a pretty stacked team in my division so first place will be a tall order. I did add a couple new pitchers last night so we'll see how they do.

My second team (all Cardinals except for one bullpen spot) is in Silver .275. No stacked teams are in the conference so it should be competitive. No big changes to this team for this season just a lineup change. I loved Lou Brock's stolen bases at the top of the order but his OBP the last few seasons have left something to be desired so I am moving Ozzie Smith to leadoff and slotting the more consistent Tom Herr in the number two slot. Hopefully they can get on base a lot in front of Pujols (rookie Sensation), Johnny Mize and Matt Holiday.

Last edited by Maddox; 12-24-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Missed the playoffs in my Gold league by 3 games at 80-82, but still promoted to Diamond.

Have a feeling it's going to be a LONG year

ETA.....didn't even check my division before I posted, but there is only 1 team with a winning percentage of over .600 and there is a team I finished tied with in my Gold division last year. Maybe I can hang.

Last edited by sharknut; 12-24-2018 at 08:58 AM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

After Season 3 in the "League of Death" Gold..301, many of us were fearful of what promotion to Diamond might bring.

But it appears that whichever Gold league merged with us wasn't anywhere near as tough, because none of the new teams seem to be as stacked as the Behemoths that moved up with us to Diamond .306.

Sure it's still a League of Death, because the Death Dealers moved up too, but the toughest new teams look like wimps in comparison.

For me, the situation actually looks easier, because last time I was in a division with one of the Mega-Whales and had to win Game 163 to get in the Wild Card #2 slot.

This time I'm not in a division with one of those teams, so as maybe a mini-whale, I've got a fair shot at winning the division, with one team that looks like it will give me good competition for that honor.

When the teams from that Gold league that merged with us look around, are they in for a shock!
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Gold .294 here. My division looks reasonable.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:17 AM   #5
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Here We go . Season 4.

My main team is in Gold .296 after it went from first to worst the last two seasons. We do have a pretty stacked team in my division so first place will be a tall order. I did add a couple new pitchers last night so we'll see how they do.

My second team (all Cardinals except for one bullpen spot) is in Silver .275. No stacked teams are in the conference so it should be competitive. No big changes to this team for this season just a lineup change. I loved Lou Brock's stolen bases at the top of the order but his OBP the last few seasons have left something to be desired so I am moving Ozzie Smith to leadoff and slotting the more consistent Tom Herr in the number two slot. Hopefully they can get on base a lot in front of Pujols (rookie Sensation), Johnny Mize and Matt Holiday.
Johnny Mize was a great addition for my team last season
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #6
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Trenton Minutemen are staying in Bronze and will be in .258.

Denver Bears are in Silver .275.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #7
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoofe View Post
Johnny Mize was a great addition for my team last season
He has done well for me but with Pujols and McGwire as eventual alternatives it may only be a matter of time before he is replaced. If I got Pujols as a 1B though I am not sure what Cardinal 3B card would be a replacement.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:32 AM   #8
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
Trenton Minutemen are staying in Bronze and will be in .258.

Denver Bears are in Silver .275.
Silver .275 is the league for my Macon County Cardinals. Good luck!
Old 12-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #9
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

my 2 teams will be in the Silver .259 league this year; once again with one in the AC and one in the NC (not that I expect either one to get to the WS)

and in the "I barely dodged a bullet" file... my daughter's team lost her bronze WS last season 4-3 (if it had gone the other way, I'd never hear the end of it... "*My* team won the series... how are your two teams doing dad?"

To rub it in, with the points she saved up over the season, she snagged Steve Carlton (87) last night to grab a top notch starter for the new season... I'm just glad her team isn't in my silver league.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #10
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Diamond 320!!!

Man, this league looks like a total meat grinder. I don't think anyone's going to finish with more than 95 wins.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #11
ThatComona
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Team finished just over .500 last season at 83-79 in Gold .292, missing the playoffs three days from the end of the season. I figured, "Hey, that's not all that bad, at least I won't get demoted and I'll have another chance in Gold again!"

Apparently that was enough to get promoted to Diamond, so hello to my fellow teams in Diamond .318! I am almost certainly one of very few free-to-play teams in this league, but making it this far in the first place, what given the terrible decisions I've made with my points and terrible pack luck, I'm not complaining!

This is near-certainly the first season I don't advance leagues, and likely the first in which I get demoted, but again, I have no complaints, as being here in the first place is beyond expectations!
ThatComona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #12
Morug
Major Leagues

I dont know why but im in a gold league again with my abysmal 61-101 in G301,its will be easier for sure in G288.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #13
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morug View Post
I dont know why but im in a gold league again with my abysmal 61-101 in G301,its will be easier for sure in G288.

Well, the only reason why you would be because there were teams that did even worse.

On the plus side, all the best teams are now in diamond leagues so you should have an easier go of it.

Last edited by Maddox; 12-24-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:34 AM   #14
ThatComona
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Well, the only reason why would be because there were teams that did even worse.

On the plus side, all the best teams are now in diamond leagues so you should have an easier go of it.
This is kinda what I'm hoping for! All the teams with those multiple perfect cards and many diamonds will move on to the Perfect leagues and we'll be left to healthy competition with the people we've been cheering on to beat the titans of our leagues in the playoffs!
ThatComona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:12 PM   #15
captainbuttercream
Minors (Double A)

I decided it was time for a change. I sold JD Martinez, with the PP I managed to pick up Simba and 1998 Sosa. I think I came out ahead, Sosa also gives me additional flexibility in the outfield.
captainbuttercream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #16
thekingofsalem
Bat Boy

Wizards are hanging out in Gold .284 this season. After spending 2021 inn a murder league with three whales in my division, this is looking much more winnable.

Is anyone else generating around 1000pp per day through achievements and sales? I feel like that's about where I'm at. It's my pack a day habit. I don't think this is the best way to generate lots of pp, though. The best way is probably to flip cards in the auction house, but I'm not at a point yet where I can sell any good cards. Anyway, was curious to see about how many pp per day pther people have been generating.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #17
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatComona View Post
This is kinda what I'm hoping for! All the teams with those multiple perfect cards and many diamonds will move on to the Perfect leagues and we'll be left to healthy competition with the people we've been cheering on to beat the titans of our leagues in the playoffs!
Hey, how did the playoffs go btw? I’m out of town for the holidays, no idea what happened...don’t tell me those Zebras won again...
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:38 PM   #18
vyshka
Major Leagues

Bronze team promoted to silver, and Gold team avoided relegation. One surprising thing to me is that my Gold is in a different gold league this season. I didn't look very closely yet to see if a lot of the same teams were there from last season, but it seems odd that we got shuffled off to a different Gold league instead of staying in the one we were in last season.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:51 PM   #19
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Ugh, make sure to turn off 7 game lineups before the season starts. The AI was highly confused and keep starting the wrong pitchers.

I got promoted to Diamond .310 league this season. Many familiar faces. The league looks tougher than gold, but I think I should still have a playoff team.

My updated, mostly, historical team for this season:
Attached Images
humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #20
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

So glad for multiple reasons.

First, I didn't promote, now in Gold.281, and the division is somewhat balanced; I might have the second-best team, could be very interesting. Started the season 5-1, and Yoenis Cespedes hit a walkoff slam on Opening Day =)

Second, I got rid of some longtime dust catchers on my reserve roster. Somebody will even take on the Zoilo Versalles I dragged around since the entry pool.

Third, I made a few moves on Sunday and added Whitey Ford and Ron Cey to the fold. I hope for great things…

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote