Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-24-2018, 07:59 AM   #1
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Diamond 306

The Thorpe Springs Horned Frogs checking in.

A little tidbit: Thorpe Springs is a little town about 45 minutes Southwest of Fort Worth. It is where Texas Christian University was originally founded and the Horned Frogs were born. TCU later moved to Fort Worth of course.

Go Frogs!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:58 AM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

My Louisville Colonels are in this scary league. We are in the same division with the Kentucky Colonels. I’m not sure what city they’re in.

I am also in the same division as For The Horde Timi. If you want to know all of the best cards in the game, his roster is a pretty handy resource.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #3
Thalion
Major Leagues

Hey Kushiel, we're sort of together again. Opposite sub-leagues again. I see they put the Aqua Sox and Timi in the same division this time. Orca, are you in there with them? Ouch!
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #4
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Good luck to all of you. I have avoided all the big teams in my division but the level is still scary.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Wow, there's a team in this league with 16 perfects.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:20 AM   #6
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Yeah there are many from G301 in here.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #7
VARoadstter
Minors (Triple A)

My bottom feeding Highland Brewers are here. At least I will get to experience relegation, which will be new.
VARoadstter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #8
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
My Louisville Colonels are in this scary league. We are in the same division with the Kentucky Colonels. I’m not sure what city they’re in.

I am also in the same division as For The Horde Timi. If you want to know all of the best cards in the game, his roster is a pretty handy resource.

We play in Lexington, so we'll have a few bus trips between us. I guess it's an in-state rivalry in the making!

And we already won one game against the Horde, which might be one more than I would have bet on for the season. It might be a good thing it's Christmas week, and I'm traveling next week. I'm not sure I want to pay close attention to what's likely to happen to my team in this league!
EvvCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:03 PM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvvCat View Post
We play in Lexington, so we'll have a few bus trips between us. I guess it's an in-state rivalry in the making!

And we already won one game against the Horde, which might be one more than I would have bet on for the season. It might be a good thing it's Christmas week, and I'm traveling next week. I'm not sure I want to pay close attention to what's likely to happen to my team in this league!
Yes, just a short bus ride down I-64.

I took 1 of 3 against the Horde also, and I considered it a major upset.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:10 PM   #10
Weaseltail
Minors (Double A)

Ahwatukee Snowbirds here. I thought last season's league was brutal but D.306 (aka the "Johnson" league since everyone seems to have a Walter or Randy on their staff) is just silly.

Happy holidays!!!
Weaseltail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:46 PM   #11
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I definitely can see the competition tighten up as we all work our way northward through the tiers of leagues. G301 had many really good teams that seemed to have made it here where we have been joined by more really good teams. I am loving the competition and the camaraderie that we have with it is a great blend. It is going to be a tough week to win but I know we will be driving our teams to that Perfect plateau.

Good luck everybody.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2018, 05:52 PM   #12
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

Wow! No kidding!
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #13
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Our Lake Monroe Doctrine seems to be playing well so far against every team not named the Colonels.
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:12 PM   #14
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The LOLCats are pretty impressive also.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:26 PM   #15
jda
Minors (Single A)

That may be, but the Horde and AquaSox have clobbered me in every league so far. I think they are a level apart, so it's at least a bit heartening to see them in the same division for once.
jda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:39 PM   #16
Thalion
Major Leagues

Wow, there's quite a bit of forum users here in this league. Merry Christmas to all!
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:58 PM   #17
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow, there's a team in this league with 16 perfects.
Wow, Glad I miss that one. Lol...
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:01 PM   #18
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Straight from the Australia coast....Great White Sharks checking in....

We got a tough division top to bottom in AC EAST....I swear we can not get rid of Thorp Springs and they have owned us at all 3 previous levels...

We have exactly ZERO Perfect cards....(pulled a couple but sold them to fill holes in the rest of the team)...I do not think we have the best team by far but we can compete and I really like all the guys on this team so that makes it more fun for me...More of a Historic guy since I am 51.....I go way way back.....

Good luck and Merry Christmas guys.....Chris

PS--just out of curiousity, who are your favorite players on your team?

I think my Jackie Robinson-97 I pulled is my favorite because of what he means to baseball history plus he is a dang good 2nd basemen

A close 2nd on my team is CF Eric Davis....He is off to slow start this year but look at his stats last couple years..unreal....

Last edited by Cgraham67; 12-24-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Cgraham67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:37 PM   #19
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgraham67 View Post
PS--just out of curiousity, who are your favorite players on your team?

Clemente. He can hit .150 and he'll always be my regular right fielder. Fortunately, his cards seem to perform most of the time. Beyond him, I'll field a team of historic Cardinals if I can. Ozzie will always have a place. I just wish I could get Musial to hit.

As for *cards* (not Cards) I like... Norm Cash has been a seriously consistent performer, and I haven't seen him much on other teams (only once so far) so he feels almost unique to my team. I like that.
EvvCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:11 PM   #20
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Man GOTTA LOVE Ozzie Smith...I remember when he would do that back clip coming on the field...The Cards stole him from Padres for Gary Templeton I think it was...another SS....
Cgraham67 is offline   Reply With Quote