Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 01-13-2016, 09:47 PM   #1
wodi
All Star Reserve

So we're a couple months away from the 2016 version. Has there been any talk about what the plans are for the game?

I have a pessimistic attitude towards this game. I know the company is not very big and this game is not a revenue producer for the company so it's very low on the priority list, if not at the end. There wasn't anything said, but I can guarantee that the mlb license did not have the positive Impact in terms of sales they were hoping for. Truthfully, I kinda half expect every day to hear they are discontinuing the mobile version.

With that said, I love this game and really hope the company as a whole can grow and this game can be part of the future. I look forward to the new version every year.

Hopefully the 2016 version will continue to impress.

Last edited by wodi; 01-13-2016 at 10:13 PM.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:24 PM   #2
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
So we're a couple months away from the 2016 version. Has there been any talk about what the plans are for the game?

I have a pessimistic attitude towards this game. I know the company is not very big and this game is not a revenue producer for the company so it's very low on the priority list, if not at the end. There wasn't anything said, but I can guarantee that the mlb license did not have the positive Impact in terms of sales they were hoping for. Truthfully, I kinda half expect every day to hear they are discontinuing the mobile version.

With that said, I love this game and really hope the company as a whole can grow and this game can be part of the future. I look forward to the new version every year.

Hopefully the 2016 version will continue to impress.
My dream would be coaches, and league/schedule editor in the near future but I know, like you, that this isn't a big revenue gained for them. I just hope they keep on updating it
ZTO333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
wodi
All Star Reserve

My dream has just been a legit minor league system as opposed to a list of "extra" players.

Period.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:11 PM   #4
Paulie123
All Star Starter

Quote:
My dream has just been a legit minor league system as opposed to a list of "extra" players.
I'd definitely like to see that too. But I think what I'd like to see most of all in a future version is more complicated transactions: waivers, options, rule 5 draft, etc.
Paulie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:56 PM   #5
wodi
All Star Reserve

Can't start with any of that until we have a more comprehensive minor league system.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #6
Texasborn
Major Leagues

Agreed
Texasborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:37 PM   #7
wodi
All Star Reserve

Also this is the mobile version, the smaller scale of the big main game. This game will never have all the bells and whistles of ootp.

A legit minor league system though, that HAS to be the number one priority.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:03 AM   #8
T.J. Lauerman
Baseball Community Manager

I believe there will be news coming up in the next few weeks. If you're not already, be sure to subscribe to the newsletter, that will be where the first info will come out.

Out of the Park Developments newsletter mailing list

Out of the Park Baseball 25 is available to pre-order at our Webstore or you can add it to your Steam Wishlist.

OOTP Baseball Go 24 is available on the Google Play, and the iOS App Store.

Follow us on X / Instagram / Facebook / Twitch / YouTube.

Check out the video archives of my Acuña Matata Braves, ShoTime Angels, Redbirds Rising Cardinals and Chicago Hope White Sox franchises.
T.J. Lauerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:35 PM   #9
Kent814
All Star Reserve

Actually the mlb license was a boon for sales so I don't know where you heard that
Kent814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:17 AM   #10
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent814 View Post
Actually the mlb license was a boon for sales so I don't know where you heard that

Says who? We didn't hear one positive report anytime after the game was released and we're in February and we've heard nothing about the 16 version.

Sure doesn't give me any positive impressions for the state of this game, perhaps I'm just being too pessimistic though.....
Old 02-04-2016, 10:12 AM   #11
KrilDog
Bat Boy

I just want it to not crash every other time I start it up since the last update when they let you buy historical seasons.
KrilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #12
BradC
All Star Starter

The MLB license definitely helped sales. A 2016 version is definitely planned for this year. The main issue right now is the fact that Sebastian develops this game by himself and is also the lead developer on FHM, so he's stretched really thin.

MLB Manager remains just as much of a priority as the other games OOTP Dev releases. It's actually a great gateway into the larger world of sims, so the company definitely wants to keep it going.

However, it will remain a more casual app without the depth OOTP offers, at least until people start leaving Windows and Mac OS X in droves for tablets. Right now, tablets are more of an add-on for most people.

Quote:
Says who? We didn't hear one positive report anytime after the game was released and we're in February and we've heard nothing about the 16 version.

Sure doesn't give me any positive impressions for the state of this game, perhaps I'm just being too pessimistic though.....
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:05 PM   #13
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
The MLB license definitely helped sales. A 2016 version is definitely planned for this year. The main issue right now is the fact that Sebastian develops this game by himself and is also the lead developer on FHM, so he's stretched really thin.

MLB Manager remains just as much of a priority as the other games OOTP Dev releases. It's actually a great gateway into the larger world of sims, so the company definitely wants to keep it going.

However, it will remain a more casual app without the depth OOTP offers, at least until people start leaving Windows and Mac OS X in droves for tablets. Right now, tablets are more of an add-on for most people.
Thanks for the update Brad, I can say for myself that my discovery of iOOTP 2013 a couple years ago is what got me addicted to OOTP's products
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:13 PM   #14
BaseballBeast
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
Thanks for the update Brad, I can say for myself that my discovery of iOOTP 2013 a couple years ago is what got me addicted to OOTP's products
Same here. Bought iOOTP 14, then MLB Manager 15 which lead me to buy OOTP 16. While the mobile version might not bring in the most revenue it is an introduction to OOTP 16, etc.
BaseballBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:21 AM   #15
wodi
All Star Reserve

Glad to hear it