Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2020, 12:22 PM   #81
davidtaylorjr1985
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Who needs real baseball? :P
I wouldn't go THAT far LOL!
Old 03-18-2020, 01:47 PM   #82
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr1985 View Post
I wouldn't go THAT far LOL!

I might! Baseball is my life. Without OOTP, I have no idea where I’d be right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #83
jfb1985
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thumbs up Impressions

Just lovin' it. Absolutely lovin' it.

That's my first impression, lol.
jfb1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #84
CLEBearcat
Minors (Single A)

I can’t believe how smooth and polished everything is. As others have said, seems to be the best Open Beta stage ever, the OOTP team really put in some amazing work! Nothing but kudos and love for you folks, I’m so glad I get to support your team every year for such a wonderful product!
CLEBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:11 PM   #85
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Haven't had a lot of time with v21 yet, but what I've seen is impressive.

Love being able to drag stat columns and group as I please.

Same with modifying the stat view on the player card, great stuff!

All the skins look great, dark is my preference but classic may get some time too.

Screens all look clean and polished. Stadiums have seen some love, and the camera options we now have really add to the experience.

Only disappointment is "scoring updates" has not been returned to the "out of town scoreboard" in modern 3d. I'll just keep asking, maybe one day?

Stellar work from Markus, Matt, all of OOTP developments and of course the beta testers.

Well done everybody!
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #86
ablobj
Minors (Double A)

I chose to manage the 1909 Tigers in single-season replay mode. Created an old-timey looking ballpark, set my laptop screen to black and white, fiddled around with the different camera angles...and I'm in deadball heaven! The fact that this game only costs $40 is ridiculous. I've spent HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of dollars simply buying SEASONS for other pc baseball sims, none of which come anywhere CLOSE to matching OOTP's many, many different gameplay options. Heck, I'd pay 40 bucks just to be able to replay every World Series, even if that was all I could do. If Markus and Co. keep grinding, I could see this game coming to consoles in a few years and putting some serious pressure on The Show.
ablobj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #87
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
The game looks beautiful. If I had two criticisms from the handful of games I've played:

1. The pitcher's placement on the mound is poor from the center field view.
2. The initial jerkiness of the camera when it switches back to the wide view to follow the ball makes it difficult to follow the ball.

I'm still figuring out some of the other new features, since I only have about an hour in the game at this point but I have to talk about the trade AI. I started my game as the Boston Red Sox. I did so in Challenge Mode because reasons, so the Trade Difficulty is set to Hard.
Here is the first trade that I was offered by the AI:

"The Kansas City Royals would send 35 year old RHP Ian Kennedy (retaining 60%) and 21 year old minor league RHP Noah Bryant to the Boston Red Sox, getting 25 year old LF Andrew Benintendi in return."

What? I mean, granted, my assistant GM agreed that it was a terrible trade, but yikes.

But here is my real rub. I simmed a few weeks into the season when Giancarlo Stanton came off the Injured List for the Yankees. I set up a trade between the Red Sox and the Yankees for just Stanton and clicked "Make This Work Now" and you can see the response that I got.

Come on, guys. I mean, I understand Stanton is coming off of an injury but in what alternate universe would the Yankees EVER negotiate an offer like this with any team, let alone the Red Sox?

I believe in policing myself in regards to the trade market in the single player game, but this is a bit over the top.
Something to consider is that the AI doesn't see player names and doesn't place value of Stanton over Verdugo and instead sees a massive contract with a player that gets hurt a lot that it can swap out for a cost controlled 23 year old.

You have to understand the AI logic and wants which is to control the roster long term with healthy, young, cost affordable players. It's up to you if you want to exploit that fact.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:19 AM   #88
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEBearcat View Post
I can’t believe how smooth and polished everything is. As others have said, seems to be the best Open Beta stage ever, the OOTP team really put in some amazing work! Nothing but kudos and love for you folks, I’m so glad I get to support your team every year for such a wonderful product!
Thanks so much! Yes, things are in very good shape I bet many companies would kill for such a stable product six weeks after launch, haha! I am very proud of our team, they do a fantastic job
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:06 AM   #89
GoBucsGo
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Now that I’ve really gotten to dig deep into this game, all I can say is WOW

First things first, the new UI is more polished and user friendly than I ever thought it could be. Very sleek and pleasing on the eyes. Being able to set up your screen with whatever widgets you like is a very welcome addition.

I’ve noticed simming is a lot faster, and other than Joey Gallo hitting almost 70 HRs a season, every season, i haven’t noticed many anomalies in the sim engine .

The new scouting system, prospect pipeline and the draft pages are done very nicely. I do however wish that position players were valued a bit more coming into the draft. A bit overdone on the pitchers thing .

It’s been said over and over again, but the 3D engine looks beautiful this year, I can’t wait to see what you guys pull out for next season, I think we’re all going to be blown away .

Going to really dive deep into it today, just want to give you guys a huge shoutout for delivering year after year! Especially this year when a lot of us are locked up in our homes with no baseball, you guys have come through in the clutch!
GoBucsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:54 AM   #90
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

Cameras on Highlights

Love the game so far.

Just a general impression and question. I like to watch the highlights of games that are played around the league. However when I watch the highlights, it doesn't seem like I have the multiple camera options on the prepitch, or action function.

Is this normal for highlight mode, or will we eventually be able to watch highlights from all angles?

Thanks again for a great product!
Nick Soulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:40 AM   #91
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

I completed the 1960 season last night after few days. I didn't take over any teams. Just watching both minor and major league games and teams. I didn't see any bad trades. Usually the AI can be counted on for at least one or two boneheaded moves a season.

The 3D is super smooth for me. I have a really good laptop so I was expecting it would be. But with mentioning. The new camera angles put you in the game.

Scouting: BIG improvements. Love it!

Over all VERY pleased. You guys have built another winner!
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:52 AM   #92
Pedro
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by congokurtz View Post
Ok, update on follow ball game play. I might be a follower after all. It seems to work very well (a lot less jerky) with the following settings: Camera movement delay 0.00, camera transition time 0.00s, camera movement speed 2, initial view wide, pitch camera view hp, action view wide. In other words I set all the camera movements to it's fastest. I'm thinking this work best for me cause I'm on a 27 inch monitor in full screen mode. Maybe for smaller screens or smaller window sizes a slower camera is better

Absolutely loving this, and the new camera in general. Thanks!

Edit: and good to see the customary Arenado-first-inning-two-run-homer is back with a vengeance!

Last edited by Pedro; 03-19-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:06 AM   #93
Celtic Forever
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by congokurtz View Post
Ok, update on follow ball game play. I might be a follower after all. It seems to work very well (a lot less jerky) with the following settings: Camera movement delay 0.00, camera transition time 0.00s, camera movement speed 2, initial view wide, pitch camera view hp, action view wide. In other words I set all the camera movements to it's fastest. I'm thinking this work best for me cause I'm on a 27 inch monitor in full screen mode. Maybe for smaller screens or smaller window sizes a slower camera is better
Thanks - I have a large screen as well, so this is helpful advice!
Celtic Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:38 AM   #94
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry85 View Post
i play the orioles and lost a game 37-4
As a life-long Orioles fan that seems pretty realistic.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #95
davidtaylorjr1985
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL-Commish View Post
As a life-long Orioles fan that seems pretty realistic.
This made me laugh so hard!
Old 03-19-2020, 09:57 AM   #96
RBPD5015
Minors (Triple A)

I am not sure where to put it, but for someone that plays out all his games, it would be amazing to see who is pitching and who is hitting during the 3d play screen during pitch and during the in game action. Small boxes underneath as the screenshot looks attached. What is everyone's thoughts?
Attached Images

Last edited by RBPD5015; 03-19-2020 at 09:58 AM.
RBPD5015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:46 AM   #97
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBPD5015 View Post
I am not sure where to put it, but for someone that plays out all his games, it would be amazing to see who is pitching and who is hitting during the 3d play screen during pitch and during the in game action. Small boxes underneath as the screenshot looks attached. What is everyone's thoughts?

I make the top box disappear during the play, so I wouldn't like it. To each his own, though.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:20 AM   #98
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBPD5015 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I make the top box disappear during the play, so I wouldn't like it. To each his own, though.
Agree with MR on this one. I like a clean screen during the play and wouldn't want that to go away.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:18 PM   #99
mattkma
Major Leagues

Love it so far. However, created a custom league last night - renamed all my teams, divisions, etc - spent an hour on it. Clicked start game and it crashed. :-(
mattkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:43 PM   #100
swoboda
All Star Starter

Have not had enough time to myself to really dive in yet due to work, but so far I am feeling very positive.

The 3D continues to get better and more enjoyable, stats seems fine in the one sim and several historical exhibitions I have run. Downloading and installing was smooth.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote