Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #1
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

Alcohol and Arky Vaughan PT OOTP 20

Words of wisdom....do not drink alcohol and put cards up for the auction house. I own an Arky Vaughan 98 which is light years better than the 97....I saw another 98 go up for buy me now at 40k so I nabbed him to sell him for profit for at least 62210k and make a nice profit.....I thought I was slick....few drinks later I put Arky up for buy me now 6210 by accident....some smart guy got Arky at a huge discount...I didn't notice I was missing another 2 in the sell price....Wanted to sell Arky for 62210 but sold for 6210....Maybe I'll share this at an AA meeting...Hello my name is Frank and Alcohol caused me to sell my Arky to cheap.

Anyway the morale of the story is don't drink and sell at the auction house.
Drinking and buying is another story and probably lucrative for OOTP Devs.

-ThrownOutAtHome-
ThrownOutAtHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #2
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

"Didn't they teach you that at fancy lad school? Why, I learnt it when I was five."
—Ser Bronn of the Blackwater

Sorry for your rough luck...but I'd be a whole lot less sorry if I was the buyer.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 11:59 AM   #3
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrownOutAtHome View Post
Words of wisdom....do not drink alcohol and put cards up for the auction house. I own an Arky Vaughan 98 which is light years better than the 97....I saw another 98 go up for buy me now at 40k so I nabbed him to sell him for profit for at least 62210k and make a nice profit.....I thought I was slick....few drinks later I put Arky up for buy me now 6210 by accident....some smart guy got Arky at a huge discount...I didn't notice I was missing another 2 in the sell price....Wanted to sell Arky for 62210 but sold for 6210....Maybe I'll share this at an AA meeting...Hello my name is Frank and Alcohol caused me to sell my Arky to cheap.

Anyway the morale of the story is don't drink and sell at the auction house.
Drinking and buying is another story and probably lucrative for OOTP Devs.

-ThrownOutAtHome-
I only learned not to drink recently...there's something funny about alcohol, though.

If I were drunk all the time, I probably wouldn't have won any PL championships but I might not care nearly as much, neither, the end.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:01 PM   #4
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Get drunk again, you'll see.

Sometimes I've been at a place contemplating whether my perspective is better drunk or sober. It seems there is no definitive answer.

Old 03-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #5
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

The greatest discovery I've made in this regard is that it just isn't...like some other drugs where you sometimes have an idea exactly how much to take.

You can drink a lot and find yourself a mess 3 hours later...Unless you do like Motley Crue did (ha) & shoot alcohol straight into your veins,

there's that very good chance that your thirst will get the better of your judgement on the correct amount.

So a drink...and a sort of period of letting that drink be processed by your organs and sent out to your bloodstream before you have another or something like that...

Esp. with hard liquor, my god, can you mess up in that regard.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:21 PM   #6
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

Very true and alcohol is the only legal drug without a recommended dosage amount.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #7
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

If I were drunk all the time, I probably wouldn't have won any PL championships but I might not care nearly as much, neither, the end.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually I'm not sure if I got drunk because I never won a PL yet or if I never won a PL yet because of drinking. I'll figure it out soon. I have a bronze, silver, gold & diamond. I'm not even sure what an IL league is because I don't ever remember being in one. What does IL league stand for?

Thanks for any help
Old 03-08-2020, 04:04 PM   #8
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Iron