Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #21
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMN!! Baseball View Post
This should 100% be an option, or at the very least be tied in with turning injuries OFF. Even if there was a way to manually edit a player to remove the suspension that would help, just seems ridiculous to have it not be an option. You can turn off notifications in a SOLO league but it makes online leagues more difficult to manage.
Thank you. It's so frustrating and annoying. I barely have the urge to play this game because of this simple minute issue. I don't even know why this was added into the game over many other highly requested issues. And the silence on the issue is extremely alarming.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #22
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

My only complaint with suspensions is it never tells you what it's for.

I had Austin Mathews suspended for 4 games, and the next day Sydney Crosby suspended for 2. It sure would be nice to know why these elite players got suspended.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:58 PM   #23
caltroit_red_flames
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not possible to turn it off, but I'm not sure how it's making it difficult to simulate through full seasons - Do Not Disturb in the manager options should prevent any interruptions.

This is a game breaking issue for myself.

I want to use FHM for an online forum based league where people create players and I add them to my sim. GMs won't be too happy if their star player gets suspended and the actual person will likely leave the league if their player is gone for half the season.

the simulation hockey league uses Simon T. Hockey Simulator for their league but there's such a desperate plea among its members for a better simulation engine. The league has 40 teams if you include the IIHF, with each team having a GM and an assistant GM who own a subscription of STHS. That's 80 people who could instead be purchasing FHM if just a few things were changed. Not to mention how many people just like to test things to find the best build for their player or lines for their team.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:07 PM   #24
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltroit_red_flames View Post
This is a game breaking issue for myself.

I want to use FHM for an online forum based league where people create players and I add them to my sim. GMs won't be too happy if their star player gets suspended and the actual person will likely leave the league if their player is gone for half the season.

the simulation hockey league uses Simon T. Hockey Simulator for their league but there's such a desperate plea among its members for a better simulation engine. The league has 40 teams if you include the IIHF, with each team having a GM and an assistant GM who own a subscription of STHS. That's 80 people who could instead be purchasing FHM if just a few things were changed. Not to mention how many people just like to test things to find the best build for their player or lines for their team.
It's gamebreaking for you...but that's stopping 80 people?

As we stated, by adding player locking and line-saving, you can make adjustments to lineups easier, including online because it can be set quickly, rather than having to manually do it each time.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:15 PM   #25
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post

As we stated, by adding player locking and line-saving, you can make adjustments to lineups easier, including online because it can be set quickly, rather than having to manually do it each time.
The silence on whether or not you guys will add the ability to disable this makes it quite clear you have no intentions on adding this very simple request that plenty of people want.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:03 PM   #26
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella19 View Post
The silence on whether or not you guys will add the ability to disable this makes it quite clear you have no intentions on adding this very simple request that plenty of people want.
A handful does not mean plenty. People are free to voice their opinions, but just because some voice it does not mean everyone wants it or needs it. If we have an announcement to make, we will.

But it's amazing how everything is just "very simple" though when it's something you want.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:26 AM   #27
DrunkenTeddy
Major Leagues

Quote:
A handful does not mean plenty. People are free to voice their opinions, but just because some voice it does not mean everyone wants it or needs it. If we have an announcement to make, we will.

But it's amazing how everything is just "very simple" though when it's something you want.
While I agree that Kinsella here has absolutely the wrong approach to asking for something, I do think adding the ability to turn suspensions on or off would be worthwhile. I've heard from a bunch more people that haven't posted here that were also frustrated by suspensions and wanting to turn them off. If it would help I could ask for more of them to post here.

Thanks for considering putting effort into this request.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:01 PM   #28
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenTeddy View Post
I've heard from a bunch more people that haven't posted here that were also frustrated by suspensions and wanting to turn them off. If it would help I could ask for more of them to post here.
Where would those discussions being taken place?
Old 10-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #29
DrunkenTeddy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Where would those discussions being taken place?
Online league chats
Old 10-20-2019, 01:50 PM   #30
eldur00
All Star Reserve

I'm not sure why the devs are so much on the defensive about this. This is absolutely nothing new in the world of Out of the Park Development studio...been happening with OOTP all the time over the years too...new features are implemented and players want some form of control over them...it's pretty normal, it's their game...and OOTP's motto has always been "Play your game your way".

That being said, I personally love that suspensions are in, but I'm also someone who plays one day at a time, I don't sim large amounts of time all at once so I am not inconvenienced by them happening.

I will say, though, that I feel they should be toned down a bit, but I'm not overly vocal about it at the moment because my sample size is still small. I'll keep an eye on this for sure, but at the moment with the data I have I seem to be heading to roughly 60-70 suspensions in one season, although it is historical (not sure if that changes anything or if the rate is "flat" regardless of the year you're playing). I'm also having a hard time finding real life data for the amount of suspensions for anything prior to 2010...so maybe the rate is fine...anyway...throwing it in here, maybe I can be pointed to a good resource for that kind of stat tracking so I know if the numbers align or if they are out of whack.

I echo Bluenoser though, in that if one of my players is suspended for 6 games, I'd like to know what for...
Old 10-20-2019, 01:51 PM   #31
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:

I'm trying to understand why you are arguing and demeaning opinions of people who are paying for your game and asking for improvements. Seems counterproductive imo.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:54 PM   #32
Romagoth
Major Leagues

I do believe there should be an option to reduce/turn off suspensions, much like OOTP has. The more options and control we have over the game we are playing, the more replayability the game has.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #33
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
I'm trying to understand why you are arguing and demeaning opinions of people who are paying for your game and asking for improvements. Seems counterproductive imo.
You misunderstand. But being that I monitor pretty much everywhere I can (which includes all social media and several different forums), my job is to make sure voices are heard by the developers. It's a simple fact the *only* place I have seen people ask about suspensions is in this thread. (That's not to say that there can't be other spots, but I see and receive most of the communication).

What I have seen time and time again is a lot of people who simply think because it's something *they* want, it must be something *everybody* wants. That isn't the case time and time again. We have a large beta testing team, take a guess how many times it was mentioned?

This isn't to say we aren't listening, or that it may become an option in the future. But when someone says you'll sell X number of copies if you just do ________, it proves inaccurate. Typically more often than not, there's always another reason not to buy something.

What I also offered was examples of improvements made directly to help with some situations people had with some online issues with as well. The same thing for injuries applies to suspensions, which is why I pointed that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
I will say, though, that I feel they should be toned down a bit, but I'm not overly vocal about it at the moment because my sample size is still small. I'll keep an eye on this for sure, but at the moment with the data I have I seem to be heading to roughly 60-70 suspensions in one season, although it is historical (not sure if that changes anything or if the rate is "flat" regardless of the year you're playing). I'm also having a hard time finding real life data for the amount of suspensions for anything prior to 2010...so maybe the rate is fine...anyway...throwing it in here, maybe I can be pointed to a good resource for that kind of stat tracking so I know if the numbers align or if they are out of whack.

I echo Bluenoser though, in that if one of my players is suspended for 6 games, I'd like to know what for...
Look at the Game Summary. It should be pretty obvious, but there may be something we can add. Not sure.

As for that many suspensions, are you sure that's suspensions and not just alerts? We've seen some confusion on that - but for the most part what we tracked pre-release and post has lined up with what has historically happened. That being said, other factors can obviously influence it some as well.

EDIT:
And for one last time (and to make sure this is perfectly clear,) silence does not mean we're not listening. Silence is not a yes, or a no. If and when we have something to announce on it either way, we will.

Last edited by Adam B; 10-20-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #34
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You misunderstand. But being that I monitor pretty much everywhere I can (which includes all social media and several different forums), my job is to make sure voices are heard by the developers. It's a simple fact the *only* place I have seen people ask about suspensions is in this thread. (That's not to say that there can't be other spots, but I see and receive most of the communication).

What I have seen time and time again is a lot of people who simply think because it's something *they* want, it must be something *everybody* wants. That isn't the case time and time again. We have a large beta testing team, take a guess how many times it was mentioned?

This isn't to say we aren't listening, or that it may become an option in the future. But when someone says you'll sell X number of copies if you just do ________, it proves inaccurate. Typically more often than not, there's always another reason not to buy something.

What I also offered was examples of improvements made directly to help with some situations people had with some online issues with as well. The same thing for injuries applies to suspensions, which is why I pointed that out.

Look at the Game Summary. It should be pretty obvious, but there may be something we can add. Not sure.

As for that many suspensions, are you sure that's suspensions and not just alerts? We've seen some confusion on that - but for the most part what we tracked pre-release and post has lined up with what has historically happened. That being said, other factors can obviously influence it some as well.

EDIT:
And for one last time (and to make sure this is perfectly clear,) silence does not mean we're not listening. Silence is not a yes, or a no. If and when we have something to announce on it either way, we will.

Yes, it is suspensions, I did not count alerts (which there was only a couple). I only counted the emails I got for suspensions that got an actual number of games.
Still a small sample. I've been violently ill for the last 4 days so haven't been playing.

Do you know if the suspensions rate is flat regardless of year played, or if the number fluctuate depending on year to represent "real life" data ?
Old 10-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #35
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
Yes, it is suspensions, I did not count alerts (which there was only a couple). I only counted the emails I got for suspensions that got an actual number of games.
Still a small sample. I've been violently ill for the last 4 days so haven't been playing.

Do you know if the suspensions rate is flat regardless of year played, or if the number fluctuate depending on year to represent "real life" data ?
Okay, I just wanted to double check.

I don't know the correct answer to be honest, but I'm fairly certain there will be some variety because tactical choices will always influence how the game is played. That being said, I don't think you're going to see abnormally large amount of suspensions or too few, at least not in consecutive years.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:26 AM   #36
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I've had no issue with suspensions being included, I feel it adds realism to have it happen. But it does feel like there should be an option to tone them down or at least change the frequency. I just started playing a custom league and already was getting hammered with notices of suspensions across the 3 levels almost daily until I stopped having it alert me about general news items.

While it isn't like some severe game-breaking issue like a few people are acting like, I don't see the harm to eventually putting a scaling feature for it. But it's a new feature so obviously this isn't going to be perfect right away. I think some people need to dial it back on how outraged they're getting over it.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:44 PM   #37
tnlastatine
Bat Boy

please

I would buy this game if you could turn suspensions off and if there was an output for specific games with all the stats and stuff.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:07 PM   #38
Baelor
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnlastatine View Post
I would buy this game if you could turn suspensions off and if there was an output for specific games with all the stats and stuff.
Yeah same, I was very close to buying it but now I see it won't be worth it.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:07 PM   #39
Baelor
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
I've had no issue with suspensions being included, I feel it adds realism to have it happen. But it does feel like there should be an option to tone them down or at least change the frequency. I just started playing a custom league and already was getting hammered with notices of suspensions across the 3 levels almost daily until I stopped having it alert me about general news items.

While it isn't like some severe game-breaking issue like a few people are acting like, I don't see the harm to eventually putting a scaling feature for it. But it's a new feature so obviously this isn't going to be perfect right away. I think some people need to dial it back on how outraged they're getting over it.
There are certain applications - like player sim leagues, where it is game-breaking.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #40
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

^^^ There's no point in asking for anything simple to be implemented. This request, just like my request for the last four years of adding the ability to force takeover an international team, will continue to be ignored or laughed at. We'll just remain the sheep that pay for and play the product.
Closed Thread