Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #161
vyshka
Major Leagues

Swept in the division series by the 2nd place team in my division.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #162
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

On to the Champioship Series
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:12 PM   #163
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

forgive me for a little trash talk here on behalf of someone else.... with some of the complaints around about players buying ringers for their staff for the playoffs....

in the silver league, the Cornfield Blue Roosters just swept their way into the World Series by beating the Dubuque Packers, who picked up Kluber, Verlander, Reuschel, and Syndergaard for their starting staff just before the regular season ended.... (three of them only played in 2 games during the season, the 4th played in 5)

sometimes, stacking your staff doesn't pan out (oh, and to rub it in more, Cornfield is managed by my 15 year old daughter with a set-it-and-forget-it managerial style )
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #164
Joshrapley
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
forgive me for a little trash talk here on behalf of someone else.... with some of the complaints around about players buying ringers for their staff for the playoffs....

in the silver league, the Cornfield Blue Roosters just swept their way into the World Series by beating the Dubuque Packers, who picked up Kluber, Verlander, Reuschel, and Syndergaard for their starting staff just before the regular season ended.... (three of them only played in 2 games during the season, the 4th played in 5)

sometimes, stacking your staff doesn't pan out (oh, and to rub it in more, Cornfield is managed by my 15 year old daughter with a set-it-and-forget-it managerial style )
Congratulations to your daughter! The Cornfield Blue Roosters swept me in the first round. I was dreading facing Dubuque in the next round after going 2-5 against them in the regular season. Their squad is insane 10 Diamonds and 15 Golds. Fingers crossed they dont stay in my league for next season.

Good luck to her against the Brawlers in the WS! Will be rooting for them as always good to see someone from our conference win it.
Joshrapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:58 PM   #165
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

@CFraychineaud - P.339

... congrats man. Gave you everything I had that series and you got me at the wire. Was happy I took you to a game 5 to be honest. Tough test for you now with the top team in the league in the regular season but I see you're up on them... finish it off!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #166
llcmac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My bronze league series is between 2 teams that averaged 125 wins during the season. I had 3rd most with 100. The one dude has all 100 SPs. Hoping I don't see them next season.
llcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:54 PM   #167
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Woop woop!

My F2P/pre-ww2 team, the Waffletown Syrups just won their Silver league world series!

next season will be a challenge I'm sure, but I'm going to just live in the moment for now.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:55 PM   #168
Maddox
All Star Reserve

In spite of having one of the better offenses in my league (#1 in my conf in BA and OBP and #4 in runs scored) I still made tweaks going into the new season. Actually I was just looking for new backups for the IF and OF but I liked the players I picked up enough to make them starters.

Moved from the starting lineup to utility are

Al Dark SS
Whitey Lockman LF

They will be replaced with

Eddie Collins SS - He looks to be a solid #2 hitter. I am expecting to lead the league in steals next season with Otis Nixon and him at the top of the order

Tony Oliva RF - Good fielding stats. And mostly good hitting stats. Lets just say I am not expecting him to walk very often.

In addition I picked up Craig Stammen for my bullpen.

So 3,000 points worth of upgrades. We will see if I can improve on my .500 season.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #169
CFraychineaud
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
@CFraychineaud - P.339

... congrats man. Gave you everything I had that series and you got me at the wire. Was happy I took you to a game 5 to be honest. Tough test for you now with the top team in the league in the regular season but I see you're up on them... finish it off!
thanks man, has been rough the whole way through... its 2 to 2 in the championship right now... stressing
CFraychineaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:16 AM   #170
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFraychineaud View Post
thanks man, has been rough the whole way through... its 2 to 2 in the championship right now... stressing

I see you're up 3-2 now! That Chicago team and mine were very very similar. I'm up the same 3-2 in the Gold 286 league with one of my other teams. Isn't quite the same as winning the first Perfect League Championship year, but it'd still be pretty cool for me. Let's hope we can both get this done. CHEERS!
Old 01-07-2019, 12:25 AM   #171
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

Great season. Took my team from the basement of my Perfect League division to Game 7 of the NLCS. Lost to the eventual champs.

One thing tho -- I got Series MVP for both the Divisional and League Championship series, but didn't get achievements -- thought in the past these were achievement awards? I also didn't get an achievement for winning the Divisional Series.... which I feel like I have gotten in past years.

We need all the help we can get to keep pace in this game!
max venerabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:33 AM   #172
Morug
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
In spite of having one of the better offenses in my league (#1 in my conf in BA and OBP and #4 in runs scored) I still made tweaks going into the new season. Actually I was just looking for new backups for the IF and OF but I liked the players I picked up enough to make them starters.

Moved from the starting lineup to utility are

Al Dark SS
Whitey Lockman LF

They will be replaced with

Eddie Collins SS - He looks to be a solid #2 hitter. I am expecting to lead the league in steals next season with Otis Nixon and him at the top of the order

Tony Oliva RF - Good fielding stats. And mostly good hitting stats. Lets just say I am not expecting him to walk very often.

In addition I picked up Craig Stammen for my bullpen.

So 3,000 points worth of upgrades. We will see if I can improve on my .500 season.
I have Stammen since day one...one of my most stable and versatile relief pitcher. He is good for middle, setup and closer role. And he is good in diamond league too.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:48 AM   #173
CFraychineaud
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I see you're up 3-2 now! That Chicago team and mine were very very similar. I'm up the same 3-2 in the Gold 286 league with one of my other teams. Isn't quite the same as winning the first Perfect League Championship year, but it'd still be pretty cool for me. Let's hope we can both get this done. CHEERS!
Pulled it off in 6 games, hopefully you were able to in your gold league as well.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 AM   #174
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFraychineaud View Post

CONGRATS!!! Great playoff run you had!

Not only did you win the Title, you got a bunch of end-of-year awards there too. Man, I got a couple platinum bat awards but my Betts missed the league MVP by one vote to a PITCHER. Sheesh.

I dropped game 6 in the G286 so now down to a game 7. These guys I'm playing are built for D... they don't give up hits. My gold team is sort of built around power so isn't necessarily a great matchup for me. Fingers crossed.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:10 AM   #175
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Ridiculous being nervous over a computer sim, but man, game 7 of the Series and all...
Old 01-07-2019, 01:18 AM   #176
CFraychineaud
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

Ridiculous being nervous over a computer sim, but man, game 7 of the Series and all...
Grats man
Old 01-07-2019, 06:26 AM   #177
CFraychineaud
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well Dunzie, we are in the same league again with P407 this time. Looks like its going to be rough again.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #178
Feezite
Bat Boy

Angry Unsportsmanlike conduct ruins experience

I was in a next to neck battle for a division crown in a Bronze league with two weeks to go. It looked good as I had seven game vs. the cellar dwellers. Suddenly, though, out of nowhere that cellar-dwelling team promoted two perfect players and 10 gold players on their active roster that hadn't played all season just in time to face my team while the team I was tied with didn't have to play them again. I was lucky to take three of the seven games and I lost the division by one game.

I reported that manager for cheating, but this type of thing really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Feezite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:10 PM   #179
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

That isn't cheating. Players are allowed to improve their team as they see fit.

Ironically enough, had they had those great players on their team and then removed them before facing your competition, then it would be cheating.

The bottom line take away here is that a disruption to competitive balance is currently NOT defined as a form of cheating.

This game is still in the learning stages of what sportsmanship looks like. Nobody has a good grasp on what are and are not appropriate ways to play this game yet. Give it time, and these instincts will be developed and refined in the game.

Last edited by Dogberry99; 01-09-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:32 AM   #180
Mat
All Star Reserve

Why would you report that?

Wow.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote