Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #201
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I never saw this before. I was robbed by Judge not making the AS Team! I assume that only the #1 vote getter is automatic, but I've never seen the #2 vote getter not make the team at all. And he does have 2 WAR right now, so he's way better than Stanton. I also would like to know how to get Harper to do that because he stinks in this game every time I've seen him except for this one team/season.
I wonder if the one AS per team is enabled?
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:56 PM   #202
Morug
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Yes enabled. My team dont deserve any player this year but one of my player make it at starter pitcher.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:27 PM   #203
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Appears not

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:30 PM   #204
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
Appears not
At least one, you can have more than one. But a bad player on a bad team could knock out a more deserving player if that bad team doesn't have anyone else on the team.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:31 PM   #205
Thalion
Major Leagues

Scherzer and Arenado went to Harvard?! Wow! They must be smart!
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #206
Morug
Major Leagues

First time I see Andrelton Simmons with this kind of stats line.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #207
thekingofsalem
Bat Boy

Um, hi. First Ever post. F2P and hanging on for dear life in Gold 291. The Wizards are kind of, uh, a motley assortment. Waterdhavians aren't really used to this whole "base ball" as a concept. They don't know when to cheer...or how to come to games, apparently. And the players are confused about having been transported to another dimension--some from beyond death!--and separated from their families, forced to play in an empty stadium in a medieval city for a crazy wizard. But we'll probably avoid relegation!
Old 12-20-2018, 09:00 PM   #208
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofsalem View Post
Um, hi. First Ever post. F2P and hanging on for dear life in Gold 291. The Wizards are kind of, uh, a motley assortment. Waterdhavians aren't really used to this whole "base ball" as a concept. They don't know when to cheer...or how to come to games, apparently. And the players are confused about having been transported to another dimension--some from beyond death!--and separated from their families, forced to play in an empty stadium in a medieval city for a crazy wizard. But we'll probably avoid relegation!
Welcome and good luck to you!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:33 PM   #209
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am not in your league so I can't see it. Could you post your lineup/rotation? I am curious about it because I am trying to go all-historical also.

Sorry for the delay. Don't ask me why Mays is hitting 9th. The AI manager is dumb. (Probably smarter than me though)
Attached Images
Old 12-20-2018, 10:13 PM   #210
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Sorry for the delay. Don't ask me why Mays is hitting 9th. The AI manager is dumb. (Probably smarter than me though)
That roster is... wow!

I really like Sisler and want to get him. I like Mathewson too, but he would be my ace and not my closer.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:26 PM   #211
Thalion
Major Leagues

I need someone I can depend on to close games. He doesn't have a lot of saves right now because I was using a dual stopper role until this morning.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:06 PM   #212
Morug
Major Leagues

I sold my Ohtani 180k PP!! welcome on board in the next few days to Pedro and Gary Carter!
Old 12-20-2018, 11:21 PM   #213
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

So I'm hovering around .500 this season. I pulled a Jason Kendall card early on, and while I didn't have a lineup spot for him, I set him to play a rotation as C and DH every few games. Thing is, he's not helping, and in fact may be actively hurting us. A .433 OPS isn't gonna cut it. His auction stats show him selling for ~9k-10k (though I get the feeling there haven't been many up for sale), so I'm debating throwing him out there and seeing if I can get a bite. I REALLY like Kendall, so that would hurt, but with Johnny Bench already behind the plate, I don't think I have much of a spot for him.
Attached Images
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:43 AM   #214
vyshka
Major Leagues

Managed to claw my way into 4th place in the division and had a pretty good July due to a kind schedule. August looks to be more brutal, but we have a little bit of distance on the relegation zone at the moment.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:46 AM   #215
vyshka
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
That roster is... wow!

I really like Sisler and want to get him. I like Mathewson too, but he would be my ace and not my closer.
I loved having Mathewson in the beta. Won the MVP and Pitching award for me the season we won the WS. Would be nice to pull him again.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:14 AM   #216
old timer
Hall Of Famer

This gold league my team is in is making me see red. Literally. Every team in my division has quite a lot of red in their logos and we keep losing, which shows up in red. To make matters worse, I don't like the color red!

So far, my Clippers are 53-54 and are seeming more and more like they're headed to a diamond league where I'll get to see even more red.

In case this all sounds like complaining, it's actually not. I'm still liking this PT thing even if it does keep bugging me with all this red stuff.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:17 AM   #217
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post

Wow, really cool roster you got there!
Old 12-21-2018, 07:00 AM   #218
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
This gold league my team is in is making me see red. Literally. Every team in my division has quite a lot of red in their logos and we keep losing, which shows up in red. To make matters worse, I don't like the color red!

So far, my Clippers are 53-54 and are seeming more and more like they're headed to a diamond league where I'll get to see even more red.
My team is also called the Clippers, I am also in a Gold league and my team is 54-53 in the best division in the league.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:14 AM   #219
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
My team is also called the Clippers, I am also in a Gold league and my team is 54-53 in the best division in the league.

This season is the 1st time my team wasn't in the same division as the team that finished with the best record. But, until the end of this last month, I was in last place with a slightly better than .500 record so it's still pretty solid competition.

I remember you mentioning your team had a great June and I think you were the #2 WC team? So how close to a WC spot is your team now?
Old 12-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #220
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
This season is the 1st time my team wasn't in the same division as the team that finished with the best record. But, until the end of this last month, I was in last place with a slightly better than .500 record so it's still pretty solid competition.

I remember you mentioning your team had a great June and I think you were the #2 WC team? So how close to a WC spot is your team now?
After a 21-6 June, I went 12-13 in July. I am 1 game out of the 2nd WC, but there are 7 teams within 5 1/2 games, so it's still going to be a fight.

I need to score more runs. It seems I leave about 10 men on base every game, I am top half in OBP but 13th in runs scored. I increased my base running aggressiveness, but I started getting thrown out over and over, so stopped that. Is team LOB tracked anywhere? I looked for it but couldn't find in anywhere.

I am selling my only Platinum batter, he has underperformed 2 years in a row and I am going to take the 7000-8000 I will get from him along with what I have now and get a 10000+ batter who I can rely on. I have to start knocking in guys.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote