Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #121
Maddox
All Star Reserve

1-8 to start the day.

Yesterday I got fed up with Keone Kela blowing saves, losing games and having an era approaching 6.00 so I replaced him as closer with Sean Doolittle, who now in seven games has an ERA near 5 and has 1 save and 2 losses. Brilliant. Meanwhile Mark Grace, my number two hitter is batting .202 and Chipper Jones my number 5 hitter is batting .191. Totally unrealistic numbers for those guys so I hope they turn it around.

My bronze (all -cardinal) team is doing a little better.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #122
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
1-8 to start the day.

Yesterday I got fed up with Keone Kela blowing saves, losing games and having an era approaching 6.00 so I replaced him as closer with Sean Doolittle, who now in seven games has an ERA near 5 and has 1 save and 2 losses. Brilliant. Meanwhile Mark Grace, my number two hitter is batting .202 and Chipper Jones my number 5 hitter is batting .191. Totally unrealistic numbers for those guys so I hope they turn it around.

My bronze (all -cardinal) team is doing a little better.
I feel your pain with Chipper. He was hitting .180 for me as of last night after one third of a season. Probably going to replace him soon...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #123
Thalion
Major Leagues

Maddox, it seems as if the current makeup of the gold level is where the differences in team composition is really starting to make a serious impact.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #124
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldt1498 View Post
I feel your pain with Chipper. He was hitting .180 for me as of last night after one third of a season. Probably going to replace him soon...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

He's been fine up to now for me through the first two seasons.

There were no overly stacked teams in my division so I am not facing diamond pitchers every game.

I don't really have the Points to do much about it at this point. I used up the few I had for Doolittle (jokes on me with his stats so far) I will ride it out and see how it goes. On the plus side I will not get promoted after this season so the most of the stacked teams will move on
Old 12-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #125
ThatComona
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've been noticing that starters who throw 4/5 decent pitches have been way more reliable than those that throw 3 really good ones...

The wild card race in the AC for Gold 292 is going to be insane...clear winners in the east and the west, and 6 teams within 5 games of each other at the moment for WC2, with WC1 (me) only 2 1/2 ahead. I want to go back to rolling teams in silver ;a;
ThatComona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #126
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Maddox, it seems as if the current makeup of the gold level is where the differences in team composition is really starting to make a serious impact.
I agree. But Thalion, I think all we need to do is make the playoffs against some of these guys. Sure their talent is top notch and some have figured out which of their 100's are worthless and replaced them with better ones. But some of these teams are just a hodgepodge of high cards that I think we can take in a short series. There is even one with all his left handed hitting park factors turned way down. He has half left handed sluggers including the Babe in his lineup.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #127
Thalion
Major Leagues

Ooh, I'll take the chances with him in a short series. I've got 4 left handed starters I can throw at him always on staff... and 4 right handed starters if the opposite situation arises. (I have a lot of starters).

Of course, the trick is getting into the playoffs. (I barely did last year but ended up against you).

Last edited by Thalion; 12-19-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #128
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Well, my 7 gold, 15 silver, 3 bronze team is 35-33 in gold 286. So they're overachievers I guess. They made it to the WC round each time even though they never seemed as good as the other playoff teams.

Last edited by old timer; 12-19-2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: too much whine :-)
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #129
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Well, My 7 gold, 15 silver, 3 bronze team is 35-33 in gold 286. So they're overachievers I guess. They made it to the WC round each time even though they never seemed as good as the other playoff teams.
It will eventually level out. I knew the first few weeks would be painful until everybody settled in at their most appropriate levels.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:24 PM   #130
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
It will eventually level out. I knew the first few weeks would be painful until everybody settled in at their most appropriate levels.

Fortunately, OOTP 20 won't promote the weaker teams as quickly so that will help. But for now... I don't want to on purpose lose, so I'll just hang in there and eventually, before OOTP 20 I hope, will be able to have a competitive team for the level we're at.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:28 PM   #131
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Fortunately, OOTP 20 won't promote the weaker teams as quickly so that will help. But for now... I don't want to on purpose lose, so I'll just hang in there and eventually, before OOTP 20 I hope, will be able to have a competitive team for the level we're at.
I think I mentioned this to you before, but starting a new team now is a good way to avoid the super stacked teams for a long while. I'm loving my second team in the bronze league now. I've spent all my time on my position players to fit specific park factors and gotten bad fly ball pitchers to completely overperform. I haven't spent any money on points and have a .700 winning percentage with all bronze starting pitchers. It's fun as hell to build a team like that before I'm forced to upgrade.

Last edited by zrog2000; 12-19-2018 at 05:30 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:50 PM   #132
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I think I mentioned this to you before, but starting a new team now is a good way to avoid the super stacked teams for a long while. I'm loving my second team in the bronze league now. I've spent all my time on my position players to fit specific park factors and gotten bad fly ball pitchers to completely overperform. I haven't spent any money on points and have a .700 winning percentage with all bronze starting pitchers. It's fun as hell to build a team like that before I'm forced to upgrade.

It's a very good suggestion. But... I always find it hard to quit a team once I become attached and I find it equally hard to pay attention to 2 teams at once. I have this same problem in solo leagues. I finally changed clubs in my long running solo league and found I couldn't get into the new team. That may eventually change or I'll just start a new league. So it's the same way here.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #133
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
Somehow gotten to 29-34 without buying points, just selling a few and buying a few. Took a risk on selling Satchel Paige for about 13000 and turned him into a few players. Now my closer isn't great but obviously the rest of the team has gotten better.

Seems I get crushed by the SuperTeams and I dominate the poor teams. So 81-81 here I come?
Evened my record at 35-35 and went from 13 out of the wild card to 2 out. 8 teams are within 3 games of the WC in Gold294, should be a good 2nd half.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:20 PM   #134
vyshka
Major Leagues

We are managing to play .500 so far in June and out of the relegation zone, but it is still going to be a battle for the rest of the season.

vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:09 PM   #135
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Everything is starting to click for the Oakland Athletics of the Gold .290 League. In his third season as the general manager of the Athletics, Humboldt1498 has assembled his best squad so far. Zoning in on his home field advantage, he has created a lineup that is heavy on left hand hitters.

The results so far have been impressive to say the least. The Athletics have the National Conference's best record and are playing an astonishing .658 baseball at home. They are forth in the conference in runs scored, while ranking second in both runs allowed and defensive efficiency.

The Athletics are especially hot in June with a 15-4 record after the lineup additions of right fielder Tony Gwynn and second basemen Robinson Cano. With half a season still to play, will GM Humboldt1498's team keep up this pace?

humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:17 PM   #136
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
Evened my record at 35-35 and went from 13 out of the wild card to 2 out. 8 teams are within 3 games of the WC in Gold294, should be a good 2nd half.
Took 2 of 3 from the team playing .750 ball. I've gone 20-5 in June after a 9-27 run.

I have no idea if I am any good, but the pieces I added seemed to help, I turned Satchel Paige into Jimmy Wynn, Dykstra, Schilling and Bob Elliott and since then I've gone 30-16 and now I am in the 2nd WC spot.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:07 AM   #137
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My main team, which won it's division last year, is just hopeless this year
I replaced an under performing Keone Kela with Sean Doolittle as my closer. In 15 appearances since I picked him up he has 4 saves, 3 blown saves, 4 losses and an ERA over 7.00
  • Chipper Jones is still batting only .199
  • Mark Grace is batting .218
  • Patrick Corbin is sitting at a 4.5 ERA for the second season in a row
  • Pete Schourek is at 5.33
  • Orlando Cepeda has 76 HR power and has hit 5 hr through 81 games (Tommy Herr with 32 HR power has 4)
I just feel like there is nothing I can do to help at this point. I don't have enough points for any major upgrade. It just seems like the game has determined that the RNG will go against me this season.

Last edited by Maddox; 12-20-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:16 AM   #138
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

The Denver Bears are holding our own behind Larry Dierker (10-1, 2.31) at 40-39 in Silver. .311. Meanwhile the Trenton Minutemen are 32-47 in Bronze .260. Trenton is 15-10 in June

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:44 AM   #139
Kushiel
All Star Starter

You sure gave me a spanking in that 3 game series, Thalion. Luckily, I am on a 7 game win streak since then.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:44 AM   #140
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Ooh, I'll take the chances with him in a short series. I've got 4 left handed starters I can throw at him always on staff... and 4 right handed starters if the opposite situation arises. (I have a lot of starters).

Of course, the trick is getting into the playoffs. (I barely did last year but ended up against you).
Well, Thalion, your run of knocking me out of the playoffs comes to an end unless we both make the WS. I'd take that.

I'm facing a 2nd Wild Card slot again it looks like.
Trying to keep up with Everett is crazy. I upgraded my rotation with perfect Randy Johnson and Koufax, in time to throw 3 lefties at him in a 3-game series, 'cuz he's a little less fearsome against lefties.

Game 1 was my perfect Johnson against his. Mine lasted longer, but the game was a slugfest with every pitcher including relievers giving up at least a run, and I lost 11-7.

Koufax won for me in game 2, 7-2, w/ a CG 5-hitter, against his number 5 starter a 93 Maddux. Thought I had a great chance to take 2 of 3 with my Sale going against his 96 Greinke, but lost 2-0 with 9 LOB.

So much for any chance of catching him. Playing well enough to get a big lead over the 3rd wild card contender, but he doesn't lose often enough to make up for how far back I am.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote