Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 03-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #1
wodi
All Star Reserve

List of upgrades

It has been said that despite what people think, some small changes were made. I am still curious as to what those changes were. The more I play the game the more I literally feel like I just opened up mlbmanager 15. Trading feels the same, the sim engine and AI feels the same, everything feels the same.

It has also been said that there will be in season upgrades that will be coming at some point. That I literally have no faith in. I have even less faith since it was just said in a very vague way, it's not even like specific changes were listed.

Many ppl are disappointed with this game, a lot of optimistic for next year was created by saying the game in general was getting an overhaul next year. But in general I still think we deserve an accurate and in depth list of what was changed this year and what is supposedly going to come in season.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:30 PM   #2
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

I agree. I think everyone here would like to and deserves to hear what updates are planned for midseason.
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
wodi
All Star Reserve

My fear is that it's just an empty promise made to try and calm everyone down when 16 turned out to be a roster patch.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

If you think any updates are coming this year, then you're in for a long and disappointing season...
thespungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:15 PM   #5
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespungo View Post
If you think any updates are coming this year, then you're in for a long and disappointing season...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The game has updated 2016 rosters and AI improvements. Other than that is does not yet have any obvious new features, however keep in mind the game is already extremely solid and is not really intended to get overblown with features.

We will continue to provide free upgrades throughout the year which will add a couple of new features But for next year we have some massive changes in the pipeline, essentially merging MLB Manager 2017 with OOTP 18, so stay tuned!

Thanks for your support!
Markus
Markus has said there would be updates during the season.
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #6
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingxX View Post
Markus has said there would be updates during the season.

And we're just wondering what they are planning.

It was said before the game was released that there were going to be changes and there weren't.....

I think most of us are in agreement, we love the game generally, but are disappointed in this years "roster update"
Old 03-28-2016, 09:08 AM   #7
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

They have said EVERY year that there were going to be multiple upgrades. And every year, we've gotten one, maybe a small second one, and then it's "sorry, we have to focus on -----".
Star Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #8
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

The reason I think this years game had less upgrades than in the past was because of FHM2. If I'm not mistaken the main dev for this game works on FHM as well, so this last year obviously would've been a lot of work on that. I agree we may not see updates during this year, but I do expect huge things next year. If FHM2 is any indication, next years game will be HUGE if they want it to be, especially if they can focus more on this game now that FHM2 is out
ZTO333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #9
wodi
All Star Reserve

Yeah but then next year there will be fhm3 or some other bigger product. Point is there's always something with a higher priority.