Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Request - Release your Custom Games as Quickstarts

Hi all,

I have a request for the community. A lot of you are taking time to make some great jerseys and logos, and presumably, set up some custom leagues too.

It would be great if before you get started playing your custom league, you save it as a quickstart and upload it somewhere so all the community can take a look. A lot of people might want to get into fictional/custom play, but don't have the desire to sort through threads logos and jerseys to put everything together.

I know I've always found the quickstart sharing community a bit lacking in the OOTP world, but I'm hoping some FHM-ers will share their leagues for others to enjoy.

When I (eventually) get around to creating my world league, I plan to save it as a quickstart, I hope others will do the same!

Thanks.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Hi all,

I have a request for the community. A lot of you are taking time to make some great jerseys and logos, and presumably, set up some custom leagues too.

It would be great if before you get started playing your custom league, you save it as a quickstart and upload it somewhere so all the community can take a look. A lot of people might want to get into fictional/custom play, but don't have the desire to sort through threads logos and jerseys to put everything together.

I know I've always found the quickstart sharing community a bit lacking in the OOTP world, but I'm hoping some FHM-ers will share their leagues for others to enjoy.

When I (eventually) get around to creating my world league, I plan to save it as a quickstart, I hope others will do the same!

Thanks.
Sums me up.

Also a good idea, so people get your quickstarts uploaded.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #3
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I actually was planning to save mine as a quickstart as well, I'm only trying to arrange jerseys first for most (if not all) the teams from pro to junior before I do it. I put a lot of effort and time into renaming and editing players along with teams, so it'd be a shame not to share the work in case anybody would be interested in it.

Plus it'll be cool to see some of the fictional leagues others have done.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #4
OttoGott
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Hi all,

Thanks.
Great idea. Once my fictional league is setup, I'll share.
OttoGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:51 PM   #5
OttoGott
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoGott View Post
Great idea. Once my fictional league is setup, I'll share.
Also, you might want to sticky this thread?
OttoGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:24 PM   #6
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

what is a good way to share the file????
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #7
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I would like to do this. I wasn't aware we could have quickstart games yet. Or is that still not the case?
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #8
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
what is a good way to share the file????

A site like dropbox.com works well!
Old 11-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #9
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
I would like to do this. I wasn't aware we could have quickstart games yet. Or is that still not the case?
Yes, a saved game shared between different users will work just fine. There's a save as quickstart option in the menu that should work no issue.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:41 AM   #10
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I second it with one maybe being All-Time Greats. Also World Templates so we can load them into a League so like let's say the Red Wings have Trade Yzerman to the Lighting for Ben Bishop,Hedman,2 Prospects.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #11
pens66
Major Leagues

A little teaser from me.
I've been setting up a fantasy league operating in Canada, which is however based on real-life teams. It is major, minor and junior leagues. The thing is that this league should feel a little old school. So I only tried to choose teams with a fair share of tradition or teams that existed at some point in history but left a mark in the history books of this great sport.

Because I like fiddling around with the jerseys I did not take existing jerseys for my teams. Rather I created them all from scratch. I'm about halfway done, so here's a little sneak peak. No info on the setup of the leagues just yet. I have that all mapped out already, but maybe I might change some things before I start playing (and releasing) this.
Attached Images
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:44 PM   #12
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Fantastic idea Cole!
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #13
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

NRHL Quickstart

NRHL quickstart for anybody who'd like to give it a look. Feel free to edit around text colours on the teams if you see it fit, I didn't have time to fix or change them to how they are on my actual save game for the quickstart. In particular may want to adjust Los Angeles' colours to match the jersey: dark blue as the primary, yellow secondary, silver text. It looks better in the match engine that way.

Other than that, some background on what the NRHL is: It was originally my idea back in 2003, that developed over time (and becoming more like what it is now in 2007) to be a fictional professional roller hockey league in the real world. Kind of in the same vain as the old RHI of the mid 90s. Originally it was a 20-team league, but for the game I decided to change to 22 teams for the league structure (and because I eventually planned for it to expand to 24 anyway) with Montreal and Calgary as the new teams. Future expansion was intended to include Boston and Minnesota but I was waiting for the patch that adds minor league teams in fictional expansion games (though really you're welcome to do anything you like in your game, too). It also starts in 2011-12 because that's the year I stopped running the original (officially in 2012, that season never finished, so this helps crown an official champion for that year) so it's semi-modern still.

So what did I do? Well, a good chunk of the players for each team (roughly 17 per team) are edited and renamed based on the players I actually created in the original version of the league. This also includes a number of free agents. There's also a 20-team junior league for the sake of a shorter schedule than the pros, with teams spread across the US and Canada, divided up by regions (north, south, east, and west). Only Pawtucket has a number of custom players (friends of mine who wanted to be included) and Plymouth's starting goalie is based on myself for the junior teams. All the jerseys are either created by me, a few made for me by other modders, and a number of the remaining ones were borrowed from the forum here. So credit to everyone who has designed any of the jerseys or logos I used.

Other than that, hope you guys enjoy and have some fun with this, I know I had a lot of fun setting it up and getting it off the ground and hope in the future I can import this save into the new games to keep it going longer.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:32 AM   #14
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
NRHL quickstart for anybody who'd like to give it a look.

Is the r in NRHL for rollerblade?

&

I got invalid data version .... but you knwo what, I just realized all my quickstarts aren't even showing up to load... strange!
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:43 AM   #15
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
Is the r in NRHL for rollerblade?

&

I got invalid data version .... but you knwo what, I just realized all my quickstarts aren't even showing up to load... strange!
Yeah, it's supposed to be the National Roller Hockey League. I've tested it on a previous version of the game before to ensure it loads, but I can't really confirm how well it'll work going forward either. My save file has worked every update, anyway.