Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2015, 05:03 PM   #721
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
So, i play in Historical mode in the WHA and changed the name of a team more to my liking, but as far as i can tell that franchise just got ejected from the league, which means i now will have to start over again without my players scoring for the team?
If you changed one of the teams that ended up leaving the league (Minnesota Fighting Saints, for example), then I'm guessing they'd fold in game, even after being renamed. Accordingly, any team from WHA would fold at the end of 1979.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #722
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That's the only way right now. We really need to get those two menus matching.
I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the response Jeff.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:52 PM   #723
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
If you changed one of the teams that ended up leaving the league (Minnesota Fighting Saints, for example), then I'm guessing they'd fold in game, even after being renamed. Accordingly, any team from WHA would fold at the end of 1979.
Yeah, that's exactly how it works. The teams activate and de-activate when they did historically, with the exception of the ones who folded or moved mid-season - those play out the whole season in their original location.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #724
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Seems the same with anyone who signed in the WHA before folding? Ends up getting Messier, Gretzky, among others who've been underage signings in multiple run-throughs (D Savard,, Murphy, Sundstrom, etc).

Any way to avoid this/get them into a draft? Would taking control of every WHA team for 2 years prior to taking over an NHL team, and declining any underage selections work to get those guys in the draft?
The WHA merger is handled a little differently. Basically, all the WHA players become NHL RFA's - they're released, but their NHL rights are either left with whoever currently owns them (e.g. if they were drafted by an NHL team in an earlier season or left one as a free agent), set to the NHL version of their former WHA team if they played in Edmonton, Hartford, Quebec, or Winnipeg, or semi-randomly reassigned to one of the 4 new NHL teams if they were on a WHA team that folded (Birmingham, Cincinnati, Indianapolis.)
Old 10-10-2015, 06:11 PM   #725
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
The WHA merger is handled a little differently. Basically, all the WHA players become NHL RFA's - they're released, but their NHL rights are either left with whoever currently owns them (e.g. if they were drafted by an NHL team in an earlier season or left one as a free agent), set to the NHL version of their former WHA team if they played in Edmonton, Hartford, Quebec, or Winnipeg, or semi-randomly reassigned to one of the 4 new NHL teams if they were on a WHA team that folded (Birmingham, Cincinnati, Indianapolis.)
Strange. I've played it 4 times through and not had Gretzky end up as an Oiler yet. I think I'm going to start play in 79 to avoid this for now. There's a lot of cool stuff with the historical stuff though, and I'm happy it's here, even if it's not fully fleshed out yet.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:17 PM   #726
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I play in commish mode. How do I block receiving e-mails for job offers. I can't go forward because it won't let me delete them.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM   #727
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Strange. I've played it 4 times through and not had Gretzky end up as an Oiler yet. I think I'm going to start play in 79 to avoid this for now. There's a lot of cool stuff with the historical stuff though, and I'm happy it's here, even if it's not fully fleshed out yet.
If it's a 78 start, he starts with Indianapolis, and since they don't fold mid-season like they did in real life (or trade him), he's not Oiler property when the leagues merge. ex-Racers are set to tend to have Edmonton as their most likely NHL destination, but it's not a sure thing.

If it's an earlier start, the 78 WHA draft (which didn't exist) is replaced by a single-round draft of underage (17-year-old) players to simulate the way Gretzky and Messier wound up there in 78-79. In that case, Gretzky can wind up on any team in the league, so the odds are against him going to Edmonton (or even Indianpolis).
Old 10-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #728
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I play in commish mode. How do I block receiving e-mails for job offers. I can't go forward because it won't let me delete them.
Manager Options, Exit Auto-Play..., turn the "When you receive a personal message" checkbox off.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #729
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Is there a way to predetermine games your backup goalie will play? In simming multiple days at a time with lines set to manual, I'm not sure how to make sure my backup plays, but doesn't play 4 times in a row, for instance.

Thank you!
Not yet, but I've got some plans in this area.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #730
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
If it's a 78 start, he starts with Indianapolis, and since they don't fold mid-season like they did in real life (or trade him), he's not Oiler property when the leagues merge. ex-Racers are set to tend to have Edmonton as their most likely NHL destination, but it's not a sure thing.

If it's an earlier start, the 78 WHA draft (which didn't exist) is replaced by a single-round draft of underage (17-year-old) players to simulate the way Gretzky and Messier wound up there in 78-79. In that case, Gretzky can wind up on any team in the league, so the odds are against him going to Edmonton (or even Indianpolis).
Gotcha. Think I've done 77 and 78 starts. That makes sense though. Would love if any U-19 players from WHA entered the following July 10th draft. would be hard I'm sure. Would make the 79 draft deep, but that mirrors real life for sure. Love the potential and room to grow here.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:13 PM   #731
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Maybe move Historical Drafts to June 22? Historical Coaches? Change Historical Rules that don't revert back the next year? Assign Draft Picks to Team that Draft them in Real Life?
Old 10-11-2015, 01:43 AM   #732
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Yup, that's exactly what it is. I'd like to get the actual method for dispersing the Barons' players into the game eventually, hence the existence of that "draft" in the database, but for now that's how they're handled.
The Barons merged with the North Stars. The team was allowed to keep a certain number of players from both teams. The five poorest teams were allowed to pick an unprotected player from these teams. One forfeited its pick but got extra pick in amateur draft, two others declined to pick a player. So this draft actually ended up only having two players chosen. Might just be easier to have Minnesota absorb the players and deal with releasing them in the game to get under roster/organization/financial limits.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:17 AM   #733
DarthYoda
Minors (Single A)

When playing Historical mode, is expansions forced upon me for example in 1967?
DarthYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:52 AM   #734
Gem16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem16 View Post
When player is injured (red cross) you must scratch player from lineups if you press "Finish today" button. But if you go via Play --> "next game" button, you don´t have to scratch player and he will play games as usual. Is this like it should be?
Is this the way it should be?
Gem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:55 AM   #735
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
When playing Historical mode, is expansions forced upon me for example in 1967?
At this point, yes.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #736
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem16 View Post
Is this the way it should be?
I can't imagine injured guys playing as though they are not injured is the way it's intended.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:10 AM   #737
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

What advanced stats are those?

krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:25 AM   #738
OttoGott
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
What advanced stats are those?

GF=Game fatigue
SF=Shift fatigue

They are explained in the manual.
OttoGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #739
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

I can't figure out how to resign staff..

I know I've done it before, any changes in the recent patches?
Methodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:55 AM   #740
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Is there going to be an ability to hire personnel that are say an assistant coach and hire them as the Head coach or promote them to head coach manually.
Also it drives me nuts when my HC retires the game auto hires a coach that I don't want.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote