Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation OOTP 13 Update, Version 13.3.9 released! (April 27th)

Hey guys,

we have just released a new update for OOTP 13, version number 13.3.9.

Download link for PC, patch file:
PC Patch

Download link for PC, full setup:
PC Installer

Download link for Mac, full setup:

Mac OS X Installer

Download link for Linux, full setup:
Linux Installer

UPDATE Info:
To apply the patch, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. Alternatively, for PC only, there is a smaller patch file which will update your current installation properly. There no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.

Here is the list of fixes / improvements in version 13.3.9 compared to version 13.2.6:
• Added the option to place the toolbar at the bottom of the screen (found in the preferences dialog)
• Added "Auto-play to your next game" to the Play menu if the game is in the future
• You can now pick a color directly from the team logo / league logo in the team color / league color dialogs.
• Added optional latitude & longitude fields to ballpark data, along with the function to show the ballpark in Google Earth (if installed and proper coordinates are set)
• Added the option to disable the automatic season prediction creation (found in game options / reports settings)
• Added the option to import historical rookies as free agents when the first-year player draft is disabled in historical leagues (found in league setup / historical tab)
• Tweaked contract evaluation AI, so players no longer react to an offer and sign with a different team on the same day
• Improved minor league roster AI when incomplete minors (ghost players) are enabled
• Tweaked development of injury history rating, so short-term injuries have less effect now
• Improved major league roster set (need to start new game for changes to take effect)
• Fixed several bugs & glitches

Alright, I will now take a break for a few weeks. Andreas will continue to work on the online league features, the next update (late May / early June) will for example add a feature which broadcasts the real time sim stuff via HTML to a server, so online league members can watch the games as they happen during a sim.

Cheers!
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-27-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Have a good time.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Nunyer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
a feature which broadcasts the real time sim stuff via HTML to a server, so online league members can watch the games as they happen during a sim.
OOTP going 1920s style!

Red Sox-Giants: 1912 | Shorpy Historical Photo Archive

Will this be powered by child labor crouching behind the scoreboard? That's how real time updates were handled back in ye olden days!
Nunyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Joe Shlabotnick
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
• Added the option to import historical rookies as free agents when the first-year player draft is disabled in historical leagues (found in league setup / historical tab)
Hey, folks. Could someone enlighten me as to the purpose for this change? What possibilities does it open up?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shlabotnick View Post
Hey, folks. Could someone enlighten me as to the purpose for this change? What possibilities does it open up?
Hopefully the ability to sign amateurs in a roughly historical pre-1965 manner...I just started a new league to try this out
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
jhart05
Major Leagues

Quote:

I would think so you can place players on the teams you want.

Say you had a player come up with Team A, but he spent the majority of his career with Team B. Normally he would be placed on Team A. This way you can place him on Team B if you like, without having to go into the editor.

Last edited by jhart05; 04-27-2012 at 11:02 AM.
jhart05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
jhart05
Major Leagues

Crossing my fingers that when I start my 1973 universe I don't end up with all 1,900+ of my minor league guys angry.
jhart05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
luger
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
• Tweaked development of injury history rating, so short-term injuries have less effect now
Out of curiosity, would we have to start a new game to see this? Or would it automatically change the injury history rating of all current players in our league?

Thanks and enjoy the vacation, Markus! Much deserved.
luger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey guys,

we have just released a new update for OOTP 13, version number 13.3.9.
Thanks! Does it contain a new storylines.xml file and should we delete the storyline.dat in our saved game folder for an ongoing league?
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quite a few tweaks in the MLB roster set, for those interested in that sort of thing.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
as Tayloraj mentioned. This just adds a different twist to the reserve clause era. Though a form of a draft did exist, signings/purchases from minor league teams were the primary method of acquiring players, so this will better simulate that.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
I would think so you can place players on the teams you want.

Say you had a player come up with Team A, but he spent the majority of his career with Team B. Normally he would be placed on Team A. This way you can place him on Team B if you like, without having to go into the editor.
Well, since they will be FA's, you will either have to sign a player or go into Commish Mode and edit him onto a team. You won't be able to just "place" them on a team.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #13
The Living Bubba
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Quite a few tweaks in the MLB roster set, for those interested in that sort of thing.
I am quite interested in such things. Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labors!
The Living Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #14
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Markus and his gang ...

Many thanks for the latest patch ...now go out and have a blast ... may your days be refreshing and relaxing, mate ... till then, we'll hold the fort down ... Tomas ...
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Thanks! Does it contain a new storylines.xml file and should we delete the storyline.dat in our saved game folder for an ongoing league?
I'll ask if he published a new one. If not we can post a new file.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Are the tweaks worth starting over? I've spent hours editing my league to my liking and not sure if I want to completely start over.
chezboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
jmount78
Major Leagues

Guess I will start a new league to see how the improved major league set will do! This is great though as it gives me a chance to be the GM of the Royals!

Of course I hope there will be an option to ban all books behind home plate
jmount78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #18
kckid4u
All Star Reserve

Location: Pictured Above: Buck Barnett - Best Pitcher in OOTP History!
I just downloaded the setup file from the main OOTP13 page, and the file is 13.2 build 6. Why isn't the most up to date file posted on that link? I was hoping to just download it once since I have a very limited internet connection. I guess I'll have to download the update file now.
kckid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

New storylines build in the patch. You can delete your storylines.dat to reset the storylines and pick up new changes.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but thank you, Markus! Your work and that of others cannot be appreciated enough!
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote