Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 11-04-2015, 11:18 PM   #1001
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
At the moment, only the predefined tactical templates can be used in multiplayer. We do want to expand that to allow full editing, though.
Is it possible to set each line to a different existing template in the meantime? If I set my 1st line to 'Offensive Normal' and my 4th line to 'Defensive Physical', with the 4th line having been set last, then *all* my lines seem to get set to Defensive Physical, ie. whatever the last template I've inputted is seems to overwrite all lines
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:24 AM   #1002
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_dog View Post
Is it possible to set each line to a different existing template in the meantime? If I set my 1st line to 'Offensive Normal' and my 4th line to 'Defensive Physical', with the 4th line having been set last, then *all* my lines seem to get set to Defensive Physical, ie. whatever the last template I've inputted is seems to overwrite all lines
The templates are full sets of tactics for each line, so changing them will change the tactics used by every line. The tactics for each line within the template are different, though - the fourth line will be more offense-oriented under the "offensive" templates than it would be under the "defensive" ones, for example, but it'll always be more defensively inclined that the first line. You can fine-tune the tactics with the gameplan, as well - that'll change the template usage depending on the game situation.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:43 AM   #1003
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
The templates are full sets of tactics for each line, so changing them will change the tactics used by every line. The tactics for each line within the template are different, though - the fourth line will be more offense-oriented under the "offensive" templates than it would be under the "defensive" ones, for example, but it'll always be more defensively inclined that the first line. You can fine-tune the tactics with the gameplan, as well - that'll change the template usage depending on the game situation.
Yes, but the gameplan isn't line specific as far as I can tell? Having deliberately drafted players with very different attributes to form a skating line, power line, checking line etc. that isn't really a lot of good to me.

If I set the template but then manually alter each line on the drag-down choices on the tactic page, i.e change the 4th line from skate to dump, will it stay that way or revert back to the template design once the game progresses?
Old 11-05-2015, 10:20 AM   #1004
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

More training questions...

So does training have any impact in historical mode? If so, how much?

For instance, can I train a 2 star player with 3 star potential to reach his potential sooner?

Can I train a 2 star player to become a 3 star player, and will he revert to 2 star at beginning of new season?

If the answer to these is no, then it rather negates any advantage to hiring better/more assistant coaches and/or scouts, doesn't it?

Thank you in advance for answers.
Justmeingardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #1005
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

So my question is, do I have to do something to have the symbols for player awards, etc. show up on the player page? All I see is a (1) and if I mouse over the blank space next to it the popup tells me what award it is. There are no symbols though. Doesn't seem to matter what resolution I'm in either, they never show up.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #1006
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmeingardner View Post
So does training have any impact in historical mode? If so, how much?

For instance, can I train a 2 star player with 3 star potential to reach his potential sooner?

Can I train a 2 star player to become a 3 star player, and will he revert to 2 star at beginning of new season?

If the answer to these is no, then it rather negates any advantage to hiring better/more assistant coaches and/or scouts, doesn't it?

Thank you in advance for answers.
It depends on the development mode you've selected. If you're using regular FHM development, training will work exactly as it does in the modern game. If you're using annual recalculation, the players' ratings instead get updated on July 1 every year to approximate their actual skill level at that point in their career.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:09 PM   #1007
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
So my question is, do I have to do something to have the symbols for player awards, etc. show up on the player page? All I see is a (1) and if I mouse over the blank space next to it the popup tells me what award it is. There are no symbols though. Doesn't seem to matter what resolution I'm in either, they never show up.
Is this with a saved game started prior to the last update? We changed the way those award icons work to allow them to be customized more easily, but it had the side-effect of making them disappear in older saves. We're going to fix that, but to get them back right now, if you copy the award_pics folder out of one of the default quickstarts (e.g. C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2\quickstart_games\Majors.quick\graphics\award_pic s) and place it in the graphics folder of your save, that'll restore them to the save.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #1008
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_dog View Post
Yes, but the gameplan isn't line specific as far as I can tell? Having deliberately drafted players with very different attributes to form a skating line, power line, checking line etc. that isn't really a lot of good to me.

If I set the template but then manually alter each line on the drag-down choices on the tactic page, i.e change the 4th line from skate to dump, will it stay that way or revert back to the template design once the game progresses?
It should stay.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #1009
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
It should stay.
Great stuff, that should let me get by until templates are properly introduced in multiplayer
Old 11-05-2015, 01:59 PM   #1010
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

Thank you Jeff, makes things much clearer.
Justmeingardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:28 PM   #1011
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Sorry if already asked, but will there be an option at some point to turn off financials? thanks
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #1012
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack View Post
Sorry if already asked, but will there be an option at some point to turn off financials? thanks
Not completely, as they're integrated pretty tightly into the AI's decision-making. If you want to do things like play without a cap or free agency, that could be done by setting up a custom league.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #1013
gillespie
Bat Boy

I cannot finish my draft. I'm in the 12th round in the 1985 draft and the draft class list is empty. What should I do to be able to proceed?

Edit: I've tried all the options from the action board but nothing happens.

Last edited by gillespie; 11-05-2015 at 05:50 PM.
gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #1014
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillespie View Post
I cannot finish my draft. I'm in the 12th round in the 1985 draft and the draft class list is empty. What should I do to be able to proceed?

Edit: I've tried all the options from the action board but nothing happens.
Did you try to select cpu finish draft?
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #1015
DirkGildun
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I'm saying it may work, but I can't guarantee anything. You'd have to be extremely careful, and there could be unforeseen problems - errors in later years, game updates overwriting the edits, etc.

I backed up G78_T8.xml, then edited the file to only have 42 games for each of the 8 teams. The test league I then created still had 78 games per team.

I renamed, then removed all of the G78_*.xml files from the default_data/schedules and data/schedules folders. No matter what I've done at this point, any 8-team league I create still has 78 games per team.

Am I doing something incorrectly, or is the 78-game schedule hardcoded somewhere for the 8-team custom league configuration (rather than using the G78_T8.xml file)?

Thanks!
DirkGildun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #1016
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Just wondering is the training camp roster max fixed yet or not... once it is fixed i'll purchase the game just wonderign if there was a patch to fix that error yet?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #1017
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkGildun View Post
I backed up G78_T8.xml, then edited the file to only have 42 games for each of the 8 teams. The test league I then created still had 78 games per team.

I renamed, then removed all of the G78_*.xml files from the default_data/schedules and data/schedules folders. No matter what I've done at this point, any 8-team league I create still has 78 games per team.

Am I doing something incorrectly, or is the 78-game schedule hardcoded somewhere for the 8-team custom league configuration (rather than using the G78_T8.xml file)?

Thanks!
I may be wrong, so don't go by me, but I would guess that you would have to first edit the schedule file, and then create the league that will use that schedule, for it to work. I tested stuff like this in the first version (FHM2014) and I was never able to get anything other than the default schedule to work. I don't know if things have changed at all with FHM2.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:20 PM   #1018
DirkGildun
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
I may be wrong, so don't go by me, but I would guess that you would have to first edit the schedule file, and then create the league that will use that schedule, for it to work. I tested stuff like this in the first version (FHM2014) and I was never able to get anything other than the default schedule to work. I don't know if things have changed at all with FHM2.
That's what happened -- I did whatever I was going to do with the schedule .xml file(s), editing, renaming, or removing, then created a league (a new one for each attempt). But a 78-game schedule was generated, even when there was no 78-game .xml file in either of the schedules folders (within the data and default_data folders).
DirkGildun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:31 AM   #1019
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkGildun View Post

Thanks!
Sorry, I misread your original post, I thought you were changing the contents of the schedule but not the total number of games. The schedule length is set in a (non-editable) value in the league data, so the number of games has to remain the same.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #1020
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
It should stay.
Just to update on this, in changing my Tactical Choices via the drag down options they do indeed stay in place when I load the game.

However, Zone Assignment seems to always revert back to the template default. Is this correct?