Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #201
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbm View Post
That's really neat! But for clarification, does this mean you can change the variable length for an injury type, or only change the injury length for a specific player suffering from a specific injury? I think you mean the former, but I just wanted to make sure.
Right, the former. I'd be very careful about adjusting anything except minimum and maximum, it can result in strange things happening. I made a mistake the last time I updated the file and a guy had to leave a game after being injured by a dog bite.

Specific injuries to specific players can be edited via commissioner mode.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:16 AM   #202
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorry to ask for a third time, but how do I delete the real life guys from the draft pool and use a 100% fictional draft? I feel it's too much of an advantage in a MP league.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Easiest way I can think of (and it isn't very easy) would be to manually edit every real draft-eligible player to an extremely old age so they're not eligible for the draft - and you'd need to remove them from their current teams as well, as it's likely to cause them roster problems. The draft quality in 2016-2018 would be severely damaged, though.
Maybe I'm wrong, but if you wanted a real life setup but fictional players, wouldn't it be easier to just go make a fictional league (but with the NHL setup) ?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #203
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

So I want to start in 1999 auto sim to recreate 2000 expansion draft... My question is can we edit the salary cap every season it went up in real life?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #204
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Easiest way I can think of (and it isn't very easy) would be to manually edit every real draft-eligible player to an extremely old age so they're not eligible for the draft - and you'd need to remove them from their current teams as well, as it's likely to cause them roster problems. The draft quality in 2016-2018 would be severely damaged, though.
Interesting, and thank you!

So are the rookies ALWAYS going to perform the same or is there some sort of x-factor to provide variety sort of how it is in OOTP?
Old 09-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #205
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but if you wanted a real life setup but fictional players, wouldn't it be easier to just go make a fictional league (but with the NHL setup) ?
We're starting present day NHL, but after that, I usually always bring in just fictional draftees and international guys. That is how I've done it in our SSG Baseball league. It's too easy to look and say "Oh, looks like Auston Matthews is the top pick!"
Old 09-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #206
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

When making contract offers can we see what the cap hit amount is on our offer to the player? I cant find anywhere on the contract offer screen what the caphit is
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #207
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Also, is there a way to export html files for multiplayer leagues? I don't see any commish options anywhere. I know the importing/exporting is different, but I wasn't sure if there was a place I should be looking.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:26 AM   #208
Peter-
Minors (Single A)

First of all, what a really great game you have created, I'm thrilled!!

I have some questions;
When will you guys fix the Swedish Hockey League, Allsvenskan and their youth-team rosters up-to-date and the club-finances, player ratings, player salarys, player contract length, player numbers, player positions, player ability and player potential to all these clubs?

Many things that must be fixed there so it being more truly and realistic as in real life
Peter- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #209
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
So I want to start in 1999 auto sim to recreate 2000 expansion draft... My question is can we edit the salary cap every season it went up in real life?
You can edit it, but it may do odd things to the way teams manage rosters.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:30 AM   #210
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Interesting, and thank you!

So are the rookies ALWAYS going to perform the same or is there some sort of x-factor to provide variety sort of how it is in OOTP?
Nothing as variable as that, but there's some variability in their development speed, and the way the players are used and the coaching they get will have a significant influence on development.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #211
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Ok I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I haven't been able to find it.

Cash being part of the trade, is this possible? The box is there in the trade section but I'm not able to ask for cash or include cash in any trade I've tried.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #212
Duranium
All Star Starter

Hey Cole & Jeff
Don´t remember if this already appeared somewhere on the forums but do i really have to import facegen-generated player faces one after another (no bulk importing option) to show up in the game? And where to import the player faces exactly - it isn´t listed in the manual. Thx in advance for info

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:40 PM   #213
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Also, is there a way to export html files for multiplayer leagues? I don't see any commish options anywhere. I know the importing/exporting is different, but I wasn't sure if there was a place I should be looking.
Just start a new game with more than one human GM and go to MANAGER -> Manage Online League.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:43 PM   #214
sth0009
Minors (Single A)

I scanned through this forum and didn't see this question yet (sorry if i missed it).

if you buy the product, i know you get a two use license (not steam version). Can you run a single game instance on Windows and the other on Mac under one license?

I believe you could do this in the past.

thank you.
sth0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:48 PM   #215
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
Ok I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I haven't been able to find it.

Cash being part of the trade, is this possible? The box is there in the trade section but I'm not able to ask for cash or include cash in any trade I've tried.
No, it's not used for NHL trading, only for the european player transfers in which a player is transfered just for money to another team.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #216
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
No, it's not used for NHL trading, only for the european player transfers in which a player is transfered just for money to another team.
Thanks for the answer.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #217
tward13
All Star Starter

But what about including money with a player? how would the game handle a situation like last year where his original team agreed to pay half his remaining salary when Keith Yandle was traded to the Rangers
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:51 PM   #218
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sth0009 View Post
I scanned through this forum and didn't see this question yet (sorry if i missed it).

if you buy the product, i know you get a two use license (not steam version). Can you run a single game instance on Windows and the other on Mac under one license?

I believe you could do this in the past.

thank you.
Yes you can.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #219
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

What does (TB) stand for in this pic? Probably something obvious, but I can't figure it.
_
Attached Images
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #220
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
What does (TB) stand for in this pic? Probably something obvious, but I can't figure it.
_
Trading Block, I believe.