Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:32 PM   #141
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
looks like my Arkham Horrors and Kid_Heckett's Asylum Keepers are in the same division. That makes perfect sense to me!

Your Arkham Horrors show having one Live card on your pitching staff.

You need to swap out Kyle Barraclough with someone else.

Thanks
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:01 PM   #142
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Where We Stand

After my first foray through the teams on the list, here's how we stand:

I188 - six teams, with Asylum ineligible for at least awhile. They do allow me, however to see the league reports, so I can do the standings. Arkham, as noted above, needs to swap out one live player. Gotham has several Live, so they're ineligible. That leaves:

Mudville, Battery Point, Daytona Beach, Stephensville, Asheboro, Waffletown

In S263 we have:

Port Ruppert, Campbell, Kaneohe, Seattle, with Terra Incognita, another of my teams I can't manage just yet, ineligible.

In B250 we have:

Shasta, Aina Haina, Paololo, Cooper. Since I can't view team vs. team reports or schedules for that league, someone else will have to do that. I would be happy to compile the standings if you want to send me the Our League results. You would also need to scan the rosters to make sure there are no Live or Future Legends.

I must add that it was a joy to scan the rosters of the teams I could see, and see the diversity of players, unlike the round up of usual suspects you see throughout other teams.

Finally, Wheatland is in G309, and Philadelphia I249, so we will keep them on the list and meet up with them down the road.

Will try to post standings and how many Our League games each team is scheduled for later tonight, or before leaving in the morning. There are three Our Leagues up and running.

Good luck to all.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:04 PM   #143
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I screwed up. None of my cards are "live," but my personal theme is only players from the 50's and 60's. I have Jim Perry, maybe my best starter, who is a 1970 card. So he needs to go...crap!

Well, actually all of my starters are weak.
I find the tough part with non live is putting together a bullpen.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #144
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
I find the tough part with non live is putting together a bullpen.

Yes, it can be a challenge.

Not sure what others do however, I have a surplus of players and cycle them looking for a player who doesn't get eaten up on the mound.

I normally let a player get 5 starts/game appearances before giving him the hook, and trying someone else, if they fail to perform. The number of starts/game appearances can easily decrease if I am under great pressure in trying to lock down a wildcard or playoff spot.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:30 PM   #145
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
After my first foray through the teams on the list, here's how we stand:

I188 - six teams, with Asylum ineligible for at least awhile. They do allow me, however to see the league reports, so I can do the standings. Arkham, as noted above, needs to swap out one live player. Gotham has several Live, so they're ineligible. That leaves:

Mudville, Battery Point, Daytona Beach, Stephensville, Asheboro, Waffletown

In S263 we have:

Port Ruppert, Campbell, Kaneohe, Seattle, with Terra Incognita, another of my teams I can't manage just yet, ineligible.

In B250 we have:

Shasta, Aina Haina, Paololo, Cooper. Since I can't view team vs. team reports or schedules for that league, someone else will have to do that. I would be happy to compile the standings if you want to send me the Our League results. You would also need to scan the rosters to make sure there are no Live or Future Legends.

I must add that it was a joy to scan the rosters of the teams I could see, and see the diversity of players, unlike the round up of usual suspects you see throughout other teams.

Finally, Wheatland is in G309, and Philadelphia I249, so we will keep them on the list and meet up with them down the road.

Will try to post standings and how many Our League games each team is scheduled for later tonight, or before leaving in the morning. There are three Our Leagues up and running.

Good luck to all.
Kaneohe is my all pack team. I got lucky and sold a perfect Mookie for 75k, which financed a largely unsuccessful pack buying spree. This team won the championship in season 1.

Palolo is a team I cobbled together from the AH with no rhyme or reason. Strong offense and horrible pitching. This team squeaked into the playoffs in season 1 before getting swept 3-0.

Campbell (soon to undergo a name change) is a team that got lucky and was misplaced into silver. I tried to make them an all defense team then I figured I already had one of those, so I should try something different. Now they are built around making contact and running the bases. In season 1 this team did horribly, showing that they didn't belong in silver.

Aina Haina is my pride and joy. I built this team completely around trying to get the highest rated defensive players that I could afford. The defense is as ridiculously good as the offense is horribly bad. Won the championship in season 1.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #146
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League I 188 Schedule

Assuming that Arkham will swap out their one Live player before their first Our League game, there are seven teams battling for the Our League crown in 2020, with Battery Point in the AC East, Daytona Beach and Waffletown both in the AC West. In the NC, Stephensville and Mudville are in the East, Asheboro the Central, and Arkham the West.

The schedule:

Asheboro Road Dogs - 11 home (H), 10 away (A)
Arkham Horrors - 12 H, 12 A
Battery Point Knuckleheads - 9 H, 12 A
Daytona Beach Pickleballers - 14 H, 15 A
Mudville Muffins - 15 H, 19 A
Stephensville Bears - 20, 13 A
Waffletown Syrups - 13 H, 16 A
Old 04-01-2019, 07:39 PM   #147
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League S263 Schedule

There are four Our League teams in S263, the minimum for a somewhat meaningful season Campbell in the AC West and Port Ruppert in the AC Central. In the NC, Seattle is in the West and Kaneohe in the Central.

The schedule:

Campbell Gunners - 5 home, 6 away
Kaneohe Mokes - 5 home, 5 away
Port Ruppert Mundys - 7 home, 6 away
Seattle Pilots - 6 home, 6 away
Old 04-01-2019, 07:59 PM   #148
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

So how does this work? We just keep track of the games we play against each other?
Old 04-01-2019, 08:00 PM   #149
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
So how does this work? We just keep track of the games we play against each other?
That is right. I get really psyched up when I see other Our league teams on my schedule.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:10 PM   #150
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Ok I'm finally officially checking in. The past couple weeks have been rough, and I got a little bit of a late start. I still have 2-3 live cards I need to get rid of, but I'll be able to do that, add everyone, and hopefully get promoted to bronze this week.

Also interesting that my domination of 19 seems to coincide with my absence. That should tell you something. Looking forward to catching up to everyone.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:28 PM   #151
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Also interesting that my domination of 19 seems to coincide with my absence. That should tell you something.

Maybe you are on to something!
Old 04-02-2019, 05:07 AM   #152
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League I188 Standings

With Arkham failing to switch out their last Live player, they ended the first day of sims off the schedule, leaving a pair of Daytona Beach - Waffletown series the only results to report. After a home split of four games at the Spile, the Syrups took two of three on the Pickleballers home field to set the early Our League pace.

The standings:
Attached Images
Old 04-02-2019, 05:18 AM   #153
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Love this so far... Makes it so interesting and fun! I find I am paying a LOT more attention to this FTP team than my other two PTP teams..
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:22 AM   #154
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League S263

Like their Iron brethren, the S263 Our League offered a home and home series in the first day of sims, with the Seattle Pilots taking 2 of 3 at Glorious Mundy Stadium to start the Silver season, then holding serve at home to earn early front runner status.

The standings:
Attached Images
Old 04-02-2019, 07:57 AM   #155
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Looks like we will see our first Our League action today against Stephensville.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #156
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Arkham is now in compliance. Sorry about the oversight.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:32 PM   #157
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
Looks like we will see our first Our League action today against Stephensville.
Yes, a big day for the Bears. Matchups against a few Our League contenders. Series with Mudville begins in less than half an hour.
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #158
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

We may be below .500, but sometimes the stars align...This earned me a fair bit of change. Am I better off spending it on one really good player or two pretty good players. (or, gambling on some packs?)

-----

Teahen goes 4-for-7, Leads Horrors to Win

The Arkham Horrors topped the Junon Cannons by the score of 27-4, with the largest share of the credit going to third baseman Mark Teahen. Teahen went 4-7 with a home run, a double, and 2 singles, while scoring 3 runs and driving in 6 for the Horrors.

Special Notes: Juan Soto ties the NC regular season game record for runs with 4. Grand Slam! (Gil Hodges Grand Slam vs. the Junon Cannons). Ken Berry ties the NC regular season game record for runs with 4. Juan Soto sets the NC regular season game record for runs with 5. Double Digits (12 runs scored vs. Junon Cannons in 9th inning.). Pounding (27 runs scored in win vs. Junon Cannons.). Hit Machine (R. Milligan, 4 for 6, 2B, HR, 5 RBI, 3 R vs. the Junon Cannons). Knock Them In (R. Milligan, 4 for 6, 2B, HR, 5 RBI, 3 R vs. the Junon Cannons). Score at Will (J. Soto, 1 for 4, HR, 3 RBI, 5 R, 3 BB vs. the Junon Cannons). Leading off in style (Omar Vizquel Leadoff HR vs. the Junon Cannons). Hit Machine (M. Teahen, 4 for 7, 2B, HR, 6 RBI, 3 R vs. the Junon Cannons). Knock Them In (M. Teahen, 4 for 7, 2B, HR, 6 RBI, 3 R vs. the Junon Cannons). Touch the Plate (K. Berry, 1 for 4, 4 R, 2 BB vs. the Junon Cannons). Contact Inning (6 H vs. Junon Cannons in 9th inning.). All Hits (Starting lineup all got hits vs. Junon Cannons).

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!

Last edited by sabakon; 04-02-2019 at 03:21 PM.
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:12 PM   #159
allenciox
All Star Reserve

ok, this is CRAZY...

I am new to perfect team, but the first week or so has seen a trickling of PP every day, maybe 800 to 1000 for the entire day.

But I just got home, pulled up my team (Battery Point Knuckleheads), and to my surprise, saw 11,609 PP!

I pulled up the history, and for some reason, I have gotten two gold and five silver achievements during day today --- bizarre. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do with all those points... I could get a platinum player or several gold with that amount. Any suggestions?
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:13 PM   #160
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Limited Our League Action Sees Mundys Creep Closer

Port Ruppert took two of three at Gunners Grounds to edge a little closer in the only Our League games on tap in today's S263 sims. The standings are below.

By the way, anybody care to volunteer to report the Our League results for B250? It's pretty easy using the team vs. team report. At the very least, I'd like to have the totals at season's end, so I can include them in the lifetime records I'll be keeping for Our League games. If you like, you can send me a PM on the forum, and I'll give you an e-mail address. You could just send the results and I'll plug 'em in.

I've decided that the lifetime wins and losses will not be separated by level, since they will only be against other Our Leaguers. Probably will post them about once a month.
Attached Images