Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-20-2015, 04:58 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb Please post issues in the real roster sets here!

This thread will be opened once the game is available to pre-order customers.

Hey guys,

we want to constantly improve the real roster set, so please post issues you run across here once the game is released. Keep in mind though, it is not Opening Day yet, so these rosters are meant to be projections and obviously not the final version.

Please do not post issues with players being on wrong roster / lineup / pitching staff spots, the AI sets these up and there is nothing we can do to force player X to be used in a certain predefined way.

Also, do not post stuff like "Trout just hit .260 in my sim, this cannot be right." or "Why has X better ratings than Y?". Posts like these will be ignored! Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA projections, not opinion.

Please post here:
- Errors in contracts
- Issues with players being in the wrong organization
- Vastly wrong player ratings (disable scouting first so you see the real ratings), for example a Double-A scrub having allstar-calibre ratings

Thanks for helping!
Markus

EDIT:

Ok, Lukas here, not Markus.

We love hearing from you guys, thanks for all the feedback!

An extremely important thing to keep in mind though:

Please, please before you make any comments in this thread that touch on ratings or rankings, turn off scouting.

If you're commenting when you still have scouting on, it's inaccurate, confusing and a waste of both our time and your own.

Thanks much.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-21-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Any reason the West Virginia Power and West Virginia Black Bears are WVA and WV respectively?

Last edited by bwburke94; 03-20-2015 at 09:34 AM.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #3
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Players from international leagues in general seem to have inflated star ratings. As an example, Andruw Jones is three stars (with scouting off, relative to ML).

I know ratings errors aren't really the scope of this thread, but this does qualify as "vastly wrong" and may be what contributes to players getting ridiculously high contracts when transferring from ***/KBO/etc. to MLB.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Players from international leagues in general seem to have inflated star ratings. As an example, Andruw Jones is three stars (with scouting off, relative to ML).

I know ratings errors aren't really the scope of this thread, but this does qualify as "vastly wrong" and may be what contributes to players getting ridiculously high contracts when transferring from ***/KBO/etc. to MLB.
Rating erros are fine for this thread. Please include any you see, especially from non-MLB leagues.

Any examples other than Jones?

He is overrated, I totally forgot to knock him down a bit before release. Done now. I don't think you'll find many others like him though.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-20-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #5
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Any examples other than Jones?

He is overrated, I totally forgot to knock him down a bit before release. Done now.
One job!!
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:42 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
One job!!
I know, I know Thought of you immediately
Old 03-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #7
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

The fact Andruw Jones was rated three stars means the rating algorithm needs to be tweaked. We also have 4 star Hector Olivera and 2.5 star Michel Abreu in the free agent pool, again showing that international stats are a bit overrated.

2.5 star Matt Chavez shows that the same issue applies to international leagues as well.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:48 AM   #8
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of ratings, Kyle Wilcox (college SP) inexplicably has a 253 stamina rating on the 1-250 scale when no other pitcher is higher than CC Sabathia's 205 stamina.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:49 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
The fact Andruw Jones was rated three stars means the rating algorithm needs to be tweaked. We also have 4 star Hector Olivera and 2.5 star Michel Abreu in the free agent pool, again showing that international stats are a bit overrated.

2.5 star Matt Chavez shows that the same issue applies to international leagues as well.
Nothing wrong with Olivera at 4 stars. You see the offers he's getting?

Chavez and Abreu I'll tweak.

Actually, Matt Chavez is not even close to 2.5 stars. Maybe you have scouting turned on?

Anyhow, there's nothing wrong with the algorithm, there are just a few guys who weren't on rosters, so didn't get properly updated. It happens in the course of dealing with a 50,000+ player db.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-20-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:52 AM   #10
DDover
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Evan Gattis - no Catcher rating

Gattis played 135 of his 187 games the past two seasons at catcher. He's only got a 25 in Catcher in the Editor screen.
DDover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Speaking of ratings, Kyle Wilcox (college SP) inexplicably has a 253 stamina rating on the 1-250 scale when no other pitcher is higher than CC Sabathia's 205 stamina.
That's a typo. Fixed.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:55 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDover View Post
Gattis played 135 of his 187 games the past two seasons at catcher. He's only got a 25 in Catcher in the Editor screen.
Yeah, Howard did that because if we give him full catcher ratings, the ai wants to use him at catcher and won't carry a third catcher for Houston.

Same deal with Carlos Santana last year.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:19 AM   #13
WillyW3
Minors (Single A)

Marcus Stroman (Blue Jays) indicated injury of a Torn UCL when the injury is a Torn ACL.

Not sure if the injury ties into long term injury affects but the kid needs his arm after he recovers from the knee injury!
WillyW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:19 AM   #14
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Looking over the Red Sox organization I found these couple minor things. Jimmy Rider has retired and Oscar Bartomolde, Ender Machuca and Joe Espitia have been released.

Missing players include Oscar Tejeda (in free agents), Juan Barriento (in Int. Free Agents), J.T. Watkins (in game under retired), Joe Winterburn (in game under retired, according to soxprospects.com is converting to pitcher)
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:19 AM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW3 View Post
Marcus Stroman (Blue Jays) indicated injury of a Torn UCL when the injury is a Torn ACL.

Not sure if the injury ties into long term injury affects but the kid needs his arm after he recovers from the knee injury!
Oops, fixed.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:20 AM   #16
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisenberg View Post
Looking over the Red Sox organization I found these couple minor things. Jimmy Rider has retired and Oscar Bartomolde, Ender Machuca and Joe Espitia have been released.

Missing players include Oscar Tejeda (in free agents), Juan Barriento (in Int. Free Agents), J.T. Watkins (in game under retired), Joe Winterburn (in game under retired, according to soxprospects.com is converting to pitcher)
Great stuff, thanks!

Old 03-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #17
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisenberg View Post

Fixed Rider and Barriento.

Do you have sources on Bartomolde, Machuca and Espitia? Tejeda as well? Can't find anything on them.

We just moved Watkins and Winterburn to the fa pool a few days ago. I didn't do it, but I'm guessing they may have just been released.

Is that possible, or did we screw up?

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-20-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #18
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Not really helpful here, but curious: What's Yoan Moncada's ratings/potential?
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:55 AM   #19
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai1997 View Post
Not really helpful here, but curious: What's Yoan Moncada's ratings/potential?

I'm unsure if his power potential is too high. Might drop it at some point. The scouts rave about it, but he didn't hit for power at all in Cuba, so I'm skeptical.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:55 AM   #20
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Fixed Rider and Barriento.

Do you have sources on Bartomolde, Machuca and Espitia? Tejeda as well? Can't find anything on them.

We just moved Watkins and Winterburn to the fa pool a few days ago. I didn't do it, but I'm guessing they may have just been released.

Is that possible, or did we screw up?
2014 Red Sox Transactions* |* SoxProspects.com on 5/29/14 has those guys being released.

According to red sox 2015 media guide Oscar Tejeda was signed on 2/13/15.
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote