Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 08-06-2006, 01:20 AM   #21
MJB_919
Minors (Rookie Ball)

newbie here. Just bought the game this week and need a little help. How do you load the rosters into the game?
MJB_919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:02 AM   #22
KySteveH
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23
After that, I'll be going for the homerun ball and hitting AA, A, SS in one fell swoop. I don't think this is going to take as long as I'm not re-rating everyone.

Just a quick question: Why won't you have to re-rate everyone? Are these guys from AA down just going to have random ratings? Not that there's anything wrong with that...
KySteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:12 AM   #23
jayslick
Bat Boy

awesome cubby. thanks a ton.

when u start getting into the AA/A/SS let me know when you get to the Rangers. My brother and I are deep into the Rangers farm system and theirs a website www.newbergreport.com that may be able to give you some insight into the developement of rangers prospects. He has a knack for spotting talent in the system and has a relationship with the rangers that can help.

It seems like every team has 1 really good fans sight. www.newbergreport.com is the texas rangers best prospect site. I know that one of the SI games guys hovers over their from time to time. The forums their might be a great help when it gets to detailing out their farm.

thanx for all the hard work.
jayslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:17 AM   #24
jayslick
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KySteveH
Just a quick question: Why won't you have to re-rate everyone? Are these guys from AA down just going to have random ratings? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

b/c the crappiest of crappy minor leaguers it doesnt matter about b/c they are so bad and so not going to make the big show that honestly it doesnt matter. their gonna flame out in 3 game seasons anyway so its not as important to make sure they are perfect.

at least thats how i see it. now how that makes those players fit into a bigger world template. for example, maybe it would have sum effect on japanese league teams filling in with USA scrubs, which happens from time to timee.

i might be totally off on all those.
jayslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:31 AM   #25
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I was disappointed to see Charlie Zink with a potential of 26. He's already in AAA now and is doing very well for Pawtucket. He might only be a year or two away from being in the Red Sox rotation, if he continues to master the knuckleball and/or Wakefield decides to retire.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:03 AM   #26
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

He isn't in AAA or MLB so hasn't been re-rated...
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #27
neldogger
Bat Boy

zink

zink is in AAA and 5-1 sofar,but i don't see being a fulltime major leaguer.

thanks on the work for the rosters.

thanks
nelson
neldogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #28
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough
I was disappointed to see Charlie Zink with a potential of 26. He's already in AAA now and is doing very well for Pawtucket. He might only be a year or two away from being in the Red Sox rotation, if he continues to master the knuckleball and/or Wakefield decides to retire.
He's a fringe major leaguer at best. He hasn't mastered the knuckleball and I doubt he'd get major leaguers out with any consistency.

You can always go into commish mode and edit his ratings but I'd urge Cubby to leave him as is.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:32 AM   #29
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Cubby -

Any chance to saving this set as a Template and posting it for d'load?
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #30
Tyking
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A strange photo pack, no? There's a picture for B.J Upton but not B.J. Ryan. There's one for Ty Taubenheim but not Troy Glaus.
Tyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #31
CMH
Hall Of Famer

Can someone direct me to a link or explain how I could use these rosters and have an entire universe?

I applaud the efforts of this roster set, but I'd like to use the Japanese League and others even if the rosters are fictional...
CMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #32
randomlefty10
All Star Starter

Quote:
2003: 313 AB, 8 HR
2004: 555 AB, 11 HR
2005: 255 AB, 7 HR
2006: 49 MLB AB, 0 HR

PECOTA translates this into what you have in front of you for a current rating and I hardly consider 14 HR in 377 AB in one half season in AAA to mean that he's suddenly developed some sort of power stroke. I might up it a bit to around the 50-55 range but I can't see much more than that.
First of all, he hit 15 HRs in 568 PA in 2005, the numbers you are quoting are only from his AA time. (BTW, Woolf Stadium is one of the more extreme pitching parks in the Texas League as well)

So if you look at these numbers, what do they say? (HR's prorated to 550PA)
2004: 555 PA, 10.9 HR (age 18, A ball)
2005: 568 PA, 14.5 HR (age 19, A+/AA ball)
2006: 377 PA, 20.4 HR (age 20, AAA ball)

He's increasing his HR's by roughly 5/year even while being aggressively promoted through the minor leagues and while being extremely young at each level.

Secondly, PECOTA itself projects Jones to hit 15HR in just 468 PAs at the age of 24, hardly his peak. So even PECOTA projects him more like a 20HR/550PA at his peak.

Thirdly, this is where PECOTA just doesn't cover all the bases. Look at scouting reports, they will almost all mention his power potential (such as cal leaguers "Centers ball well and ball comes off with some kick. Easy carry to all fields hints of plus raw power down line." Report taken while he was in high A last year). Much like a pitcher who will "fill out" and gain velocity, Adam is still wiry. Pretty much any scout puts Jones at a 25-30 HR level potential.

Find your passion, embrace it, and leave the world a better place than you found it.
randomlefty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #33
randomlefty10
All Star Starter

Quote:
Oh and please don't think I'm disregarding your suggestions, I just plan on eventually making more of the major ratings at the MLB/AAA levels after I get all done. Please, PLEASE don't take that as a "don't make suggestions" type thing because I really value your (and everyone else's) input on things like this, since I don't know the teams in and out like fans of the team do.
I would never take it that way. I expect you to disregard some suggestions, otherwise everyone in the game will be overrated because delusional fans like us will clamor for it.

Good to hear that you do have MLB/AAA ratings left to tweak. Probably a good idea since by then we/you'll have a better idea if people like Nick Swisher and Jose Lopez is taking it to the next level (hint: no, they had an awesome April and that's it), and perhaps give you more time to realize that <a href="http://titlepending.wordpress.com/2006/08/03/mark-lowe-touches-102/">Mark Lowe and JJ Putz are the best RP duo in the game and are both better than that closer in Boston</a>

Find your passion, embrace it, and leave the world a better place than you found it.
randomlefty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #34
Bob Zupcic
Minors (Single A)

Some ratings suggestions

Just to push the excellence of this set forward, I thought I'd offer another round of suggestions. Here are some individual players I recommend re-rating:

Overrated:

Barry Bonds, SF: Certainly, if considered for his career achievements, Bonds probably deserves the ratings that are given here. But he hasn't put up stratospheric numbers in two years. He's hitting .241 with only 15 home runs. He still walks a ton, though. His average and power ratings should be knocked back considerably.

Rob Cosby, TOR: His current ratings predict .279/.329/.480 at the major league level, while he's actually hitting .263/.309/.437 in AAA. I would knock back his current ratings considerably, and I would also lower his potentials a bit all around. Scouts generally see Cosby as a marginal major league starter.

Eric Duncan, NYY: His potentials look about right, but he hasn't yet played at the major league level, and he's batting .209 in AAA this season. His contact rating, which currently predicts a .251 major-league average, should be scaled back considerably.

Dustin Pedroia, BOS: I've come around to think that Pedroia's potentials are reasonable, given how good he's been in AAA this season. But since he hasn't accomplished anything yet at the major league level, I think his current ratings are too high. He needs to prove himself in the majors before I'd declare him instant All-Star quality.

Brian Sikorski, SD: A journeyman pitcher with an ERA in the majors over 5.00 this year. His predicted ERA of 3.69 is way too good.

Underrated:

Manny Delcarmen, BOS: He's been a major force at the big league level this season, posting a 3.93 ERA and taking over as the team's second set-up man behind Mike Timlin (whose ratings also should be increased some). Both his current ratings (which predict a 5.48 ERA) and potentials should be increased.

Brad Halsey, OAK: Has shown steady improvement over the course of his career. His ERA of 3.86 this season is much better than his predicted ERA of 4.74. His stuff rating in particular should be increased, since he does a bit better than strike out a batter every two innings.

Adam Jones, SEA: I tend to concur with those who claim Jones's power ratings are underrated, although I wouldn't go completely crazy with it. Many scouts compare Jones to Mike Cameron, so I'd aim for something like that--a potential for 22 homers a year seems about right. He still has some filling out to do.

Sendy Rleal, BAL: Currently has a 4.50 ERA in the majors, while his ratings predict a 5.69 ERA. Then again, his peripherals are pretty bad, so it's your call. I'd probably increase his movement rating, since a guy with a movement rating of 40 probably would never be promoted to the majors. Rleal is expected to be a solid set-up man.

Ken Ray, ATL: While I don't think that Ray deserves anything approaching closer ratings, he has been much better than his predicted ERA of 4.81. His current ERA in the majors is 3.35. I realize that these guys who come out of nowhere are difficult to rate, but I'd give Ray a boost all around.
Bob Zupcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #35
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Are the Rosters as of today meaning after the Trade deadline?
Old 08-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #36
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

No, Opening Day.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #37
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

In your next update how about them as of today or better yet we wait intill September 1st then the 40 man rosters will be up to date because theirs Wavier Trades going on this month.
Maybe you could update the Stats for everybody as of today but that may take along time and you would also have to edit the Schedule so theirs less games meaning starting as of today and edit the Standings to as of today if the developers would let you.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:19 PM   #38
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Can't edit stats or standings or schedules, so I won't be doing that.

A roster update to reflect on in-season moves is possible but probably won't be happening for quite some time, probably sometime in October or November and would still be started on April 4.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #39
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Can't you Edit Stats when you have Editor turned on and also if your in the Schedule Editor you probley can update the Schedule so it's starts as of 8-7-06 and ends as of the end of the season?
Just a thought I'm saying you or somebody else has to do it but maybe it could be a Feature in the Future along with Edit Standings and also different site each year for the All-Star Game like in real life this also goes for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager so it can also be posted on the Sigames forums in General Discussion for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #40
majesty95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB_919
newbie here. Just bought the game this week and need a little help. How do you load the rosters into the game?
Can somebody answer this question? I haven't played 2006 much bc I was waiting for a roster set and I haven't played 6.5 in a long time so I need some help getting it started as well.

Thanks!
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote