Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #21
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I know an astronaut well and have friends (and an ex-girlfriend) at NASA. FM is better.
Crap. Don't destroy my dreams. *sigh*
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #22
Assos
All Star Starter

Wolf, are you near the Cape? I know a number of NASA and ex-NASA people. And FM is good.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #23
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know an astronaut well and have friends (and an ex-girlfriend) at NASA. FM is better.
I know an astronaut that play FM in outerspace

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #24
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
Fm is a great game. I just started playing last week and have I have recently been experiencing lost time, lol.
There's an old FM joke that it was originally designed as a form of birth control.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #25
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There's an old FM joke that it was originally designed as a form of birth control.
My two kids are the newest form of birth control! lol

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #26
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assos View Post
Wolf, are you near the Cape? I know a number of NASA and ex-NASA people. And FM is good.
Nope, I'm near Houston. One of my best buddies works on a project with the astronaut. And my lovely redheaded ex-girlfriend works there doing technology transfer.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:42 AM   #27
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
My two kids are the newest form of birth control! lol
One of my female friends had twins, and declined to have her tubes tied while at the hospital. A few months of twins motherhood later and she was back, having them tied.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #28
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Crap. Don't destroy my dreams. *sigh*
Markus, if anyone I know of is living their dream, it's you.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #29
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Markus, if anyone I know of is living their dream, it's you.
True.

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #30
TDO
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to pre-order anyway and I'd rather give my money to Markus than him getting the leftover after steam.

I know pre-order comes with both so i'll tinker, but with the Steam version can I still have the game point to files on my computer?

Over the versions I've taken a lot of the Mods provided here and kind of morphed them into one giant folder of stuff organized to my liking. I'm not sure if i can get all that through steam. I'm talking about park mods, logo mods, jersey modes, facegen options, etc. The "graphical" stuff I guess you could say.
TDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:57 AM   #31
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDO View Post
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to pre-order anyway and I'd rather give my money to Markus than him getting the leftover after steam.

I know pre-order comes with both so i'll tinker, but with the Steam version can I still have the game point to files on my computer?

Over the versions I've taken a lot of the Mods provided here and kind of morphed them into one giant folder of stuff organized to my liking. I'm not sure if i can get all that through steam. I'm talking about park mods, logo mods, jersey modes, facegen options, etc. The "graphical" stuff I guess you could say.
Yes. The two versions share data files on the same PC.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #32
xydra
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd say direct download is the way to go.
xydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #33
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydra View Post
I'd say direct download is the way to go.
Preorder and get both!

Old 01-23-2015, 12:40 PM   #34
pjh5165
Major Leagues

Sorry if it's been answered, but are we going to be able to have cloud saves?
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #35
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Not initially, but Markus said it would be made available in a later patch.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:51 PM   #36
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post

For a future release.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 01-23-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #37
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
This is the reason for Steam. I am interested to see how file size is resolved. I am only a little familiar with game saves. I have TES IV Oblivion and my save is 6,175 KB. A little small than my faces.dat file.
My main online league is multiple gigs and it is not a big league.
I am interested in how they will handle file size in saves.
I see this as the Alpha/Beta to a cloud hosted/subscription model.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:42 AM   #38
Mortimer
Minors (Double A)

As for the original topic the only real reason to buy the game on steam is if you really only use the steam store to buy games (some people really do this anymore). I have heard though steam takes like 30% cut so it is always better to support, especially small, devs, and if it was to ever fail, you could lose access to many of your games.

As for FM I always wanted to get into it, I enjoy football when I catch a game I always enjoy watching, but I literally have no idea what's going on half the time. I can fully understand what it's like for most my friends when they watch Baseball or American Football with me and seem to have no idea what is going on.
Mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:03 AM   #39
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
As for the original topic the only real reason to buy the game on steam is if you really only use the steam store to buy games (some people really do this anymore). I have heard though steam takes like 30% cut so it is always better to support, especially small, devs, and if it was to ever fail, you could lose access to many of your games.
1. Standard retail markup is 40%. Steam's is 30%.

2. You cannot lose access to your games. That is a grand falsehood. If anything were to happen to Steam, which is a ridiculous thought in the first place, they have committed to just cutting all the games loose so you would have them forever.

3. "As of September 2014, over 3,700 games are available through Steam, which has 100 million active users. Steam has had as many as 8 million concurrent users as of June 2014. In October 2013, it was estimated by Screen Digest that 75% of games bought online for the PC are downloaded through Steam." Steam is not going to fail; it's the future.

Old 01-24-2015, 03:05 AM   #40
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
As for the original topic the only real reason to buy the game on steam is if you really only use the steam store to buy games (some people really do this anymore)
Only real reason? Your elbow. Let me repeat:

Steam means: no CD's or DVD's to have to keep, no need to manually update your games ever because Steam does that for you, the ability to play any game you own on any computer you are on, easy modding through Steam Workshops, saves available on any computer through Steam cloud saves, access to more games than you can imagine, access to Steam and Humble Bundle and Bundlestars game sales where you can get tons of good games for almost nothing, Steam achievements, Steam friends, Steam discussion forums, Steam user game images and videos, tons of free to play games, tons of online multiplayer games (many free, including the awesome DOTA 2 - Dota 2 on Steam - that I play a lot) that you can jump right into, and a thousand other things. Steam or something like it is the future of gaming.

I get so very tired of ignorance.