Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Hotfix 21.1.33 - OOTP 21 Available - FHM 6 Available

OOTP Baseball 21 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2020, 02:04 PM   #521
Whitebear
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gatineau (Ottawa Region)
Posts: 64
Thanks: 26
Thanked 3x in 3 posts
When I hover his "happy face", he's okay but isolated. In the roster he has an happy face but when opening the "Renew contract window" he's in an angry mood for negociation.
Whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:54 PM   #522
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: A Hockey Rink
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 68
Thanked 586x in 336 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebear View Post
When I hover his "happy face", he's okay but isolated. In the roster he has an happy face but when opening the "Renew contract window" he's in an angry mood for negotiation.
His mood towards negotiation may change as the year goes on. Don't sweat it. Just make sure if nothing else to qualify him at the end of the year.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Whitebear (03-23-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 01:31 PM   #523
Tommysixfingers
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,489
Thanks: 42
Thanked 48x in 36 posts
Make SHL more attractive?

Hi,
Short question. Is there a way, a setting that is editable perhaps, to make a league more attractive for certain players?

I would love for teams in the SHL to be able to attract older Swedish players that are sitting as FAs for example.

It would be a beliavable scenario to see a olders Swedish guy moving home to round out his career instead of sitting as a FA a whole season or spending time in the minors.
Tommysixfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #524
thekingof8
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hey everyone, first time poster. Am I able to simulate the season up until today?
thekingof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:55 PM   #525
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: A Hockey Rink
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 68
Thanked 586x in 336 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysixfingers View Post
Hi,
Short question. Is there a way, a setting that is editable perhaps, to make a league more attractive for certain players?

I would love for teams in the SHL to be able to attract older Swedish players that are sitting as FAs for example.

It would be a beliavable scenario to see a olders Swedish guy moving home to round out his career instead of sitting as a FA a whole season or spending time in the minors.
They are more likely to sign, but it doesn't guarantee it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingof8 View Post
Hey everyone, first time poster. Am I able to simulate the season up until today?
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=312271
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:23 PM   #526
Tommysixfingers
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,489
Thanks: 42
Thanked 48x in 36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
They are more likely to sign, but it doesn't
Ok, thanks. Nothing I can do in-game to tweak it further?
Tommysixfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:56 PM   #527
joe-max
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Erlangen, Germany
Posts: 23
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hardware specifications?

Hi,

I last played FHM two years ago and would love to give it another go. However, my computer is still the same and it was already oldish back then.


I'm still running:
i5-3470 CPU
2x4GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD7800
Windows 7


Last time the game was playable enough, but each day took quite some time. I don't need every league to be activated, but the most important North American and European ones should be there.



My question:
How have hardware requirements improved regarding in game speed? I guess it will run, but will it be slower than last time? What is the best way to increase day-by-day simulation speed? Is it worth it?
joe-max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:03 PM   #528
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,577
Thanks: 104
Thanked 10,084x in 3,520 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-max View Post
Hi,

I last played FHM two years ago and would love to give it another go. However, my computer is still the same and it was already oldish back then.


I'm still running:
i5-3470 CPU
2x4GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD7800
Windows 7


Last time the game was playable enough, but each day took quite some time. I don't need every league to be activated, but the most important North American and European ones should be there.



My question:
How have hardware requirements improved regarding in game speed? I guess it will run, but will it be slower than last time? What is the best way to increase day-by-day simulation speed? Is it worth it?
It probably won't be too much different from last time. We've made some speed improvements, but the size of the database has grown, too. With the standard game (historical and custom will run faster), even setting all of the leagues except the NHL to nonplayable is going to be slow with 8 MB of memory and, I'm assuming, a non-solid state drive. Those are the two places where better hardware will make the most difference for FHM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:59 AM   #529
joe-max
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Erlangen, Germany
Posts: 23
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It probably won't be too much different from last time. We've made some speed improvements, but the size of the database has grown, too. With the standard game (historical and custom will run faster), even setting all of the leagues except the NHL to nonplayable is going to be slow with 8 MB of memory and, I'm assuming, a non-solid state drive. Those are the two places where better hardware will make the most difference for FHM.

Thanks for the quick answer. I've got an SSD, but Windows is installed there and it is quite full already, so depending on the game and the save game size the drive is probably too small.



Upgrading RAM wouldn't be an issue. You're saying I would benefit from 16GB?
joe-max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:12 PM   #530
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,577
Thanks: 104
Thanked 10,084x in 3,520 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-max View Post
Thanks for the quick answer. I've got an SSD, but Windows is installed there and it is quite full already, so depending on the game and the save game size the drive is probably too small.



Upgrading RAM wouldn't be an issue. You're saying I would benefit from 16GB?
Not as much as the SSD will, but it'll help - the game can eat a lot of memory, particularly once you get a few seasons in.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:30 PM   #531
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer
 
Alessandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,585
Thanks: 1,308
Thanked 1,158x in 800 posts
How do I sim let's say from July 5 to 20 and I get my assistant doing absolutely nothing to my team?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:30 AM   #532
Tommysixfingers
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,489
Thanks: 42
Thanked 48x in 36 posts
So, 10-20 seasons into the game it seems like there are a lot more 4- and 5-star players than when you start in 19/20 and the following 2-3 seasons. At least in the save that I have that has progressed that far (2044 right now).

Is this common and how should I tweak the nation-player-output-thingysliders to better reflect that I want a 4,5-5 star player to be relatively rare 10-12 seasons into the save? Is there a point in time when I should tweak those numbers for the first time?
Tommysixfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:23 PM   #533
joe-max
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Erlangen, Germany
Posts: 23
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not as much as the SSD will, but it'll help - the game can eat a lot of memory, particularly once you get a few seasons in.

How much space would I need? The website says 6GB, that's doable, but I guess savegames will also require some space, won't they? If I manage to clear 8-9GB, would it work?
joe-max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #534
AlaskaAirlines
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
How do I add a farm team to my expansion draft formed team?

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the franchise hockey manager series, and I love the game so far. I recreated the Hartford Whalers using the expansion draft feature in FHM 6. I already played a season with it, and went through my first NHL entry draft. I now have bunch of prospects, but I realized that they are all sitting on my reserve list and not getting any play time. Is there a way to add a farm/AHL team to my Hartford Whalers? And if so, how? Thanks for the help and sorry for the broken English!
(posted it on reddit as well, sorry if you are seeing it twice)
AlaskaAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:18 PM   #535
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: A Hockey Rink
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 68
Thanked 586x in 336 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-max View Post
How much space would I need? The website says 6GB, that's doable, but I guess savegames will also require some space, won't they? If I manage to clear 8-9GB, would it work?
It can be, but I would also not recommend a full HDD. Consider clearing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaAirlines View Post
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the franchise hockey manager series, and I love the game so far. I recreated the Hartford Whalers using the expansion draft feature in FHM 6. I already played a season with it, and went through my first NHL entry draft. I now have bunch of prospects, but I realized that they are all sitting on my reserve list and not getting any play time. Is there a way to add a farm/AHL team to my Hartford Whalers? And if so, how? Thanks for the help and sorry for the broken English!
(posted it on reddit as well, sorry if you are seeing it twice)
The same way you expanded the NHL, you do the same in the AHL and ECHL. When you've created the teams, you'll need to Edit the Team and add Farm Teams (on the bottom left). Year one though, you'll need to just use the Reserve list. Players will improve still, but not collect stats.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:58 PM   #536
Irr11
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Zürich
Posts: 80
Thanks: 29
Thanked 14x in 10 posts
When I download mods, where do I need to save them?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 6 etc

or

Users\My Name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 6 etc

It seems to be the latter one. Why does the first path exist then and has a graphics folder?

Thanks

Last edited by Irr11; 03-28-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Irr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #537
BretRock
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 92
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
I'm sorry if this popped up somewhere, but I couldn't find it... is there a way to have co-commissioners?

Bret
BretRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM   #538
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: A Hockey Rink
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 68
Thanked 586x in 336 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irr11 View Post
When I download mods, where do I need to save them?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 6 etc

or

Users\My Name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 6 etc

It seems to be the latter one. Why does the first path exist then and has a graphics folder?

Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDGl...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretRock View Post
I'm sorry if this popped up somewhere, but I couldn't find it... is there a way to have co-commissioners?

Bret
No, only 1 can be.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #539
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 45
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Sorry if it’s been asked before but I have a very quick question re historical mode. If we start before the 04-05 season do we get to play as though there was a lockout? I was keen to start in 03-04 but wanted to replicate real life circumstances where there were no NHL games in 04-05.
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #540
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: A Hockey Rink
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 68
Thanked 586x in 336 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by #4BobbyOrr View Post
Sorry if it’s been asked before but I have a very quick question re historical mode. If we start before the 04-05 season do we get to play as though there was a lockout? I was keen to start in 03-04 but wanted to replicate real life circumstances where there were no NHL games in 04-05.
They are replicated using the schedule as it should have been.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
#4BobbyOrr (Yesterday)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.

 

Major League and Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com.

Officially Licensed Product – MLB Players, Inc.

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2020 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments