Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:49 PM   #1
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Pacquiao vs Ugas

I've been playing some TBCB 2.5 and watching ESPN2 as the Pacquiao-Ugas fight approaches. I saw the full Pacquiao vs Broner fight for the first time, and have to laugh at how Broner ran the entire fight and then screamed loudly afterwards that he had won. Not my favorite boxer at all. Too bad Pac-Man didn't knock him out.

Watching Pacquiao-Cotto the other night it struck me how incredibly fast Pacquiao used to be. Talked to the wife about how, outside the ring, he is a pretty laid back, happy-go-lucky guy, typical, really, of Filipino culture. But inside the ring he's an explosively violent man. He's not as explosive as he used to be, though.

We have not watched a Pacquiao PPV since the brutal KO of Hatton. The wife, like all Filipinos, is a strong Pac-Man supporter, but she's too scared to watch him fight again.

I wish he would retire. I remember years ago, when Kosta Tszyu retired, I thought "Yeah, good for him. He knows when enough is enough."
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs

Last edited by Antonin; 08-20-2021 at 11:50 PM.
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:49 PM   #2
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

And Ugas won. I do think it's as good a time as any for Pacquiao to retire.
Coiler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:51 PM   #3
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiler12 View Post
And Ugas won. I do think it's as good a time as any for Pacquiao to retire.
I agree, Spence or Crawford won't be any easier for him to beat @ 147.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #4
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

He did an interview for Philippine TV and he looked pretty beat up. His eyes looked swollen shut and his wife was spoon feeding him something Filipinos call "porridge"--a very tasty mush consisting of rice, hard-boiled eggs and chicken bits. It's something my wife makes for me if I'm sick.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #5
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Wait. According to those jamokes on FOX wasn't Pacquiao supposed to fight Errol Spence or something? Weren't they promoting the heck out of that fight?

Cap (Rolling large boulder blocking cave entrance.)
Old 08-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #6
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Wait. According to those jamokes on FOX wasn't Pacquiao supposed to fight Errol Spence or something? Weren't they promoting the heck out of that fight?

Cap (Rolling large boulder blocking cave entrance.)

Right, Spence pulled out with an eye injury.
Old 08-25-2021, 10:59 AM   #7
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
He did an interview for Philippine TV and he looked pretty beat up. His eyes looked swollen shut and his wife was spoon feeding him something Filipinos call "porridge"--a very tasty mush consisting of rice, hard-boiled eggs and chicken bits. It's something my wife makes for me if I'm sick.

I agree, I saw how beat up he looked post fight, the Ugas jab appears to have done some damage.