Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #61
DaBears
Major Leagues

One note on new patches - and someone can absolutely correct me on this if it has changed - be sure to copy your Ballparks file to your desktop BEFORE installing new patches as they folder will be from the new download, and you have to redo all your views. Very maddening when you forget.

Again, if I’m wrong on this no problem. Just been my experience in the past.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:25 PM   #62
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
One note on new patches - and someone can absolutely correct me on this if it has changed - be sure to copy your Ballparks file to your desktop BEFORE installing new patches as they folder will be from the new download, and you have to redo all your views. Very maddening when you forget.

Again, if I’m wrong on this no problem. Just been my experience in the past.
Yes this is what I do and it will allow you to keep your views, however....

If they fix something graphically in a park you will miss out. IE the circle around home plate at Wrigley Field in OOTP is not a circle. Instead the grass comes to a point in front of the plate that is very ugly.

There is a way around it if this occurs. Each park in the models folder has a file that holds the camera views. For Wrigley it is called "wrigley_field.ootp3d and is only 6kb. You can make backup copies of these files and move them into a new build and get your camera views back.

The easiest thing to do is keep that backup file of all of your parks and if a graphical fix comes in a patch you can go there to get your cameras and move them into the newly patched game. It's also a good idea in case you get in a hurry on patch day and overwrite your parks.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:57 PM   #63
Geoff Rey
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Very nice. Movement looks more fluid, realistic in a lot of cases.

I notice right away that sidearm pitchers actually dip and throw sidearm - that's nice. I'm curious, did you manage to model submariners?

If I load up Kent Tekulve or Dan Quisenberry will I see this modeled also?

I like how when running the bases players take a turn now and not just stop at the bag all the time.

Would still like to see someone caught at home base on a wild pitch. The ball always gets there after the runner scores, haven't seen one thrown out yet. Hopefully I see it in XX.

Great improvements overall, keep up the good work team.
Am considering OOTP 20. But every version of the 3D animation I've seen (some stills and YouTube videos) and the players are very tiny, the ball almost invisibly small. Is there a way to make them bigger?
Geoff Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:18 AM   #64
mars001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Rey View Post
Am considering OOTP 20. But every version of the 3D animation I've seen (some stills and YouTube videos) and the players are very tiny, the ball almost invisibly small. Is there a way to make them bigger?
There are configuration settings for player size and ball size. You can also create your own camera angles that aren't as far away.

Last edited by mars001; 03-22-2019 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Deleted a superfluous "s"
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:25 AM   #65
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars001 View Post
There are configuration settings for player size and ball size. You can also create your own camera angles that aren't as far away.
I have the ball size set to big and player size to 150, it works for me.

Last edited by BusterKing; 03-22-2019 at 08:32 AM.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:36 AM   #66
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Rey View Post
Yes, you can increase player and ball size. The option is under settings, 3D & FaceGen, "Player Model Scale" and "Ball size".
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:49 AM   #67
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

It's also available in the pre-game options.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:19 PM   #68
Geoff Rey
Bat Boy

Last animation questions (again, I don't have the game so all I know is what see in videos):

It seems that the caps are team-specific, and there are home whites and road grays but just checking: Is that it, or can, say, you could have color jerseys and white pants?

Do players have programmable skin tones?

Everyone's replies have been very helpful. Thanks.
Geoff Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:14 PM   #69
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

some nagging 3d issues.

I love watching games play out in 3D, however I have noticed a few graphics that bother me:
(1) A ground ball into the shift still goes thru for a single to center field.
(2) A "hit" to the outfielder turns into a double and the PbP says it rolls to the wall when it clearly goes to the outfielder 20 feet (or so) form the wall.
(3) I have seen many players score from 3rd base on a wild pitch, I have never seen anyone thrown out, ever.
(4) That fly ball to CF that drops before the centerfielder and ends up a double (this is different from #2, above).

I still love the 3D and this version but just would like to see these "plays" made to look more in line with the PbP and maybe have a player thrown out at the plate on a WP. Oh and please tell me that the shift actually does take away base hots up the middle as it is supposed to....