Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-06-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
fredbeene
All Star Starter

max bid?

How do you enter a max bid.
Everytime i enter a bid the message comes back immediately that there is a higher max bid
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

You don't know what anyone else bid, that's the point of the auction. You just have to enter the max that you're willing to spend, and if that happens to be higher than anyone else has bid when the auction closes, you get refunded the difference.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:43 PM   #3
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
You don't know what anyone else bid, that's the point of the auction. You just have to enter the max that you're willing to spend, and if that happens to be higher than anyone else has bid when the auction closes, you get refunded the difference.
I do know what someone else bid because if I exceed the amount of 'their bid' it accepts it.
The auction page shows:
STARTING/HIGHEST BID
is the bids number is ZERO i know the starting/highest IS the starting.

So if the BIDS is 0 and Starting/Highest is 100 and I put in 101 I expect it to take. I don't expect to have enter 5 bids to find the current bid prices
Old 02-06-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
I do know what someone else bid because if I exceed the amount of 'their bid' it accepts it.
The auction page shows:
STARTING/HIGHEST BID
is the bids number is ZERO i know the starting/highest IS the starting.

So if the BIDS is 0 and Starting/Highest is 100 and I put in 101 I expect it to take. I don't expect to have enter 5 bids to find the current bid prices

It's just like ebay bids. It shows the highest bid but not the max bid the guy put in. Let's say the current high bid is 100 and the buy it now is 1000. You know someone has bid 100 but you do NOT know what the max bid is they entered. You come waltzing into the auction house and bid 400, which represents your max bid. It means you are willing to go as high as 400.

Scenario 1: The other guy bid 100 as a max bid. You would now be shown as the high bidder at 101, but if other bid you'll auto bid until it reaches 400 and then the other guy becomes the high bidder.

Scenario 2: The other guy has already bid 500 as a max bid. You can't see that. You bid 400 but the auction increments until it hits 401 (since his max bid is 500 and yours is 400). You get a message that you were outbid by his max bid.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #5
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
It's just like ebay bids. It shows the highest bid but not the max bid the guy put in. Let's say the current high bid is 100 and the buy it now is 1000. You know someone has bid 100 but you do NOT know what the max bid is they entered. You come waltzing into the auction house and bid 400, which represents your max bid. It means you are willing to go as high as 400.

Scenario 1: The other guy bid 100 as a max bid. You would now be shown as the high bidder at 101, but if other bid you'll auto bid until it reaches 400 and then the other guy becomes the high bidder.

Scenario 2: The other guy has already bid 500 as a max bid. You can't see that. You bid 400 but the auction increments until it hits 401 (since his max bid is 500 and yours is 400). You get a message that you were outbid by his max bid.
Thank you - But I doesnt seem like that is the way it works
It doesn't seem like the BIDS total column works then

And the ebay i go to shows the current bid.

Like a real auction...i bid 101 when it was offered at 100 and it is accepted... not some guy goes up and secretly bids 200 and sits down a laughs as everyone wastes time bidding.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:18 PM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If this were the case, the bid of 101 would be accepted as the highest bidder.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:19 PM   #7
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Also on the YOUR ACUTIONS page the starting highest bid is not always working

I just bid on a card that i previously bid 125, someone bid 127, when i bid 128 the starting bid is now 128 (max 128). that is not correct.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:20 PM   #8
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you - But I doesnt seem like that is the way it works
It doesn't seem like the BIDS total column works then

And the ebay i go to shows the current bid.

Like a real auction...i bid 101 when it was offered at 100 and it is accepted... not some guy goes up and secretly bids 200 and sits down a laughs as everyone wastes time bidding.
Ebay shows the current bid, NOT the max bid. There's been many times I bid higher on the showing current bid on ebay and it's not good enough to beat the hidden Max bid someone else put in. I've found to auction to house to work just fine, and exactly like ebay.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:20 PM   #9
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I just bid on a card that i previously bid 125, someone bid 127, when i bid 128 the starting bid is now 128 (max 128). that is not correct.

"Your Auctions" is stuff you put up for auction, not stuff you bid on.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:21 PM   #10
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
If this were the case, the bid of 101 would be accepted as the highest bidder.
EXCACTLY that is NOT happening!!
You have someone scamming the system without autobids

This happens to me 50% of the time. Enough that i don't even want to bother with it anymore

Who has time to enter 50 bids to get an accepted bid??
crazy
Old 02-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #11
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Your Bid History page says Starting/Highest Bid. Bids have been entered, so the bid now shown is the current highest bid, which is your bid of 128.

EDIT: and as mentioned above, the Your Auctions page is for cards you have put up for auction.
Attached Images

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report

Last edited by Izz; 02-06-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:25 PM   #12
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This happens to me 50% of the time. Enough that i don't even want to bother with it anymore

crazy

I have never seen this and have been playing since day one. Not sure what happened but I would report it as a bug I guess.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:29 PM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Ideally if you can give screenshot of the auction screen and the error that pops up, that can help track down what might be going on.

As far as I know, the only time the bid won't work if there are no bids already on it is if you are bidding on a card being sold from an alternate account of yours.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:30 PM   #14
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, it does work exactly like that.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:59 AM   #15
maineyankee7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

crazy
You don't seem to understand the auto bid process. When you want a player you should enter the highest price you are willing to pay for that player. If it is the first bid for that player, you will be the highest bidder at the starting bid price. Anytime there is a second (or third or more) bidder, auto bid will compare all bids and list the highest max bidder at one point more than the next person's max bid. When the auction ends, the person with the highest max bid gets the player and a refund of the difference between his/her max bid and the winning bid. Winning bidders will always pay just one point more than the next highest bid.

No one sits at the computer waiting to increase the bid by one point at a time. That would be crazy!!!
maineyankee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #16
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineyankee7 View Post
You don't seem to understand the auto bid process. When you want a player you should enter the highest price you are willing to pay for that player. If it is the first bid for that player, you will be the highest bidder at the starting bid price. Anytime there is a second (or third or more) bidder, auto bid will compare all bids and list the highest max bidder at one point more than the next person's max bid. When the auction ends, the person with the highest max bid gets the player and a refund of the difference between his/her max bid and the winning bid. Winning bidders will always pay just one point more than the next highest bid.

No one sits at the computer waiting to increase the bid by one point at a time. That would be crazy!!!
On EBay they do it. It’s called sniping.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #17
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Here's how the AH works.

Theo Epstein puts Kris Bryant on the AH with a starting bid of 100 PP.

Brian Cashman comes along and puts in a bid of 200. 100 is shown as the max bid currently.

Sandy Alderson decides he wants to bid and lays down a bid of 125. Since Cashman bid 200, he retains his max bid but it is 125 now.

Alderson can bid as much as he wants but as long as he bids lower than 201, Cashman remains the max bidder.

Let's say after Alderson's 125 bid he decides he wants to bid 400. Once he puts in that bid, he becomes the new leader at 201.

Does that help?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:37 PM   #18
zrog2000
All Star Starter

This thread reminds me of explaining ebay to my parents about 20 years ago.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote