Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 06:26 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb Patch plans this week!

Update: The patch is live now: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=287293

Hey guys,

so we are currently working hard on the first patch for the game, we hope to release it on Wednesday. The release has gone really smooth but of course there have been some issues found which we have fixed / improved. On top of this, I also added a couple new features. So, here is the projected changelist for the patch:

- Improved Opening Day Rosters (need to create a new game for changes to apply)
- Added option to show player awards in the player profile completely, only one or only three per category (Settings dialog)
- Added the option to compare players on the pre-game screen sorted by position rather than lineup spots
- Added "Player labels color" option to the pre-game options, you can choose "Automatic" (which was the default and chooses between the team background & text color depending on which has the highest contrast to the logo) or "Team Background" which uses the team background color for player labels and other UI elements.
- Outs in the modern in-game screens are now indicated with red dots instead of yellow
- Fixed voting page qualifiers
- Fixed some event notifications (no longer display ! once HOF ballot has been cast)
- Fixed some options not being available in minor leagues or leagues with reserve rosters
- Fixed several 3D in-game player movements
- Fixed errors in the historical databases
- Tweaked inaugural draft AI
- Several fixes for two-way players (AI valuation, fatigue, league setting)
- Fixed several cosmetic issues and other bugs

Thanks for your support!

Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-28-2018 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:35 AM   #2
zappa1
All Star Starter

Just a though on the expanded standings page. I miss the color coded players of my team in the stats lists. The underscore doesn't really stand out. And it looks like this year's version is more color coded than past versions. Love the colors. Keep up the great work, everybody. Another reason to love this game is the upgrades. Thanks.
Always a big fan of this game. Was Season Ticket really THAT long ago?
Old 03-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
McElwaine
Minors (Single A)

I love the game so far but can you please tune the player contract demands.

10 years $395.750,000 million for Nolan Arenado

8 years $352,500,000 million for Charlie Blackmon

Kind of a bit crazy. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:14 AM   #4
DB930
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
- Fixed some options not being available in minor leagues or leagues with reserve rosters
Does that include the ability to set a foreigner limit for the minor leagues/reserve rosters?
Old 03-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McElwaine View Post

No, these are demands and are realistic. If you negotiate well they will sign for far less
Old 03-26-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB930 View Post
Does that include the ability to set a foreigner limit for the minor leagues/reserve rosters?
No, sorry.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #7
McElwaine
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
No, these are demands and are realistic. If you negotiate well they will sign for far less
What are some tips and tricks for contract negotiations then? I remember OOTP18 was a lot easier to resign players.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
What are some tips and tricks for contract negotiations then? I remember OOTP18 was a lot easier to resign players.
You'll figure it out. What's the fun if I tell everyone?
Old 03-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #9
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Any fix on the getting the race of the players correct on field? Oh..other graphical issues are the catcher's gear matching team colors..pants matching too?

Last edited by sdw1000; 03-26-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Just a though on the expanded standings page. I miss the color coded players of my team in the stats lists. The underscore doesn't really stand out. And it looks like this year's version is more color coded than past versions.
Me too.. with that beautiful dark background I would love to see a pinkish/red color on my own team leaders on this screen.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:32 AM   #11
Phatman
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Me too.. with that beautiful dark background I would love to see a pinkish/red color on my own team leaders on this screen.
I agree, please add the red back.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #12
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
in the past you'd have to offer a couple contracts they'd reject, then they'd change their tunes.

if it's FA, wait until more people bid and let their demand drop -- risk is they sign while you wait counting pennies. just becaue they are asking for 36M doesn't mean anyone else offered that much..

check out payroll of your competitors. you can see if any can actually offer that much and better gauge how long to wait.
unlike you , when the ai offers something it isn't "rejected" immediately if it's a low-ball offer.. it simply remains there and only relevant if it ends up being the highest bid, of course. so a guy asking for 40m likely has more realistic offers form the ai. now, it's just a guess as to when to throw your hat into the ring.

same with iafa, you cn either overpay day one and be near 100% certain they'll sign if below cap, but waiting or day or two will bring numerous demands down. again, you risk losing the big ones within 2-3 days in many cases or their demand going up for the more expensive guys with some competition bidding..

mostly it's just timing and not upsetting them too much durring negotiations.

i haven't done much in 19, yet.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:48 AM   #13
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Did the OOTP Classic and OOTP skins get tweaked so you can actually read the play by play? Right now they just flash white. You can tell the play by play is there, but no way you can read it.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #14
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Season Ticket

Quote:
Just a though on the expanded standings page. I miss the color coded players of my team in the stats lists. The underscore doesn't really stand out. And it looks like this year's version is more color coded than past versions. Love the colors. Keep up the great work, everybody. Another reason to love this game is the upgrades. Thanks.

I still have my Season Ticket game including the box in my closet. I should take picture & post it to give folks a idea where I started from with OOTP. It's come a long way, baby!!
BB
Old 03-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #15
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:

shorter years, less money usually work for me.
but you just need to faniggle with player..lol
Old 03-26-2018, 11:30 AM   #16
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
I still have my Season Ticket game including the box in my closet. I should take picture & post it to give folks a idea where I started from with OOTP. It's come a long way, baby!!
BB
Want to see how far OOTP has come? Look here -

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=262610

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=172943
Old 03-26-2018, 11:35 AM   #17
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Hey guys,

so we are currently working hard on the first patch for the game, we hope to release it on Wednesday. The release has gone really smooth but of course there have been some issues found which we have fixed / improved. On top of this, I also added a couple new features. So, here is the projected changelist for the patch:

- Improved Opening Day Rosters (need to create a new game for changes to apply)
- Added option to show player awards in the player profile completely, only one or only three per category (Settings dialog)
- Added the option to compare players on the pre-game screen sorted by position rather than lineup spots
- Added "Player labels color" option to the pre-game options, you can choose "Automatic" (which was the default and chooses between the team background & text color depending on which has the highest contrast to the logo) or "Team Background" which uses the team background color for player labels and other UI elements.
- Outs in the modern in-game screens are now indicated with red dots instead of yellow
- Fixed voting page qualifiers
- Fixed some event notifications (no longer display ! once HOF ballot has been cast)
- Fixed several 3D in-game player movements
- Fixed errors in the historical databases
- Tweaked inaugural draft AI
- Fixed several cosmetic issues and other bugs

Thanks for your support!

Markus
Sounds great!
Old 03-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #18
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Agreed. I'm not a fan of the underlining.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:10 PM   #19
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You'll figure it out. What's the fun if I tell everyone?
This actually had to be typed, lol

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #20
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Markus
Having trouble understanding what this means...
Closed Thread