Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-08-2017, 02:53 AM   #1
twitchy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Loan

Hi everybody,

Just a quick question here. Play with a swedish team in SHL and wondering how I offer players on loan?
twitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:12 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Not possible right now, other than sending them to your own junior teams, and a couple of teams who have parent/farm team relationships with teams in lower leagues. Loans to unaffiliated teams can't be done yet.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:54 AM   #3
twitchy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for quick reply! Is this something that possibly will be implemented soon?
Old 10-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

We tried to get it working a few months ago, but it didn't work out for a couple of reasons. I may have a partial workaround for it, but it's likely to be a while before it can be implemented. One thing I considered doing temporarily is making sure every playable Swedish team had at least one non-junior "farm" team at a lower level (probably a team they frequently loan players to in real life) so they at least have one option for players older than 20, but I'm not sure if that'd look too unrealistic.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:53 AM   #5
twitchy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think that every SHL team should have such a team in "allsvenskan" untill the loan function works. It´s really a big thing to be able to develop players.

How do you send J20 players up to the A-team? Can´t find that function.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:07 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

They have to be signed to a contract first, then you can move them up and down.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:02 AM   #7
twitchy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is this something that could be worked on? After spending some time now with the game and the only team im interessted in (Färjestad in SHL) i think it gets a bit shallow without the loan function and be able to move J20 players up and down. This is such a big part of how to play with SHL teams and develop youngsters. Maybe it´s other rules in other leauges but to my knowlage you don´t need to sign players to be able to move them up for a couple of A-games
Old 10-11-2017, 05:11 AM   #8
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
Is this something that could be worked on? After spending some time now with the game and the only team im interessted in (Färjestad in SHL) i think it gets a bit shallow without the loan function and be able to move J20 players up and down. This is such a big part of how to play with SHL teams and develop youngsters. Maybe it´s other rules in other leauges but to my knowlage you don´t need to sign players to be able to move them up for a couple of A-games
Yeah there is the same thing more or less with the KHL. It's not simple stuff, I can say that in the game the KHL is organized similarly to what Jeff described here, and it works rather well. A good compromise, IMHO.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

I have an idea on how to do it, but it's going to require a fairly big change to the way farm/parent relationships work (loans would essentially be handled as a temporary relationship between the teams for a single player.) We'd need quite a bit of development and testing time for it; it's not out of the question that we'll be able to get it into an FHM4 update, but not one of the early ones.