Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Oh my gawd!!!! F.i.n.a.l.l.y.!!!!!!!!

I'm still shaking. For real. Boy am I glad I started a tradition of picking an old OOTP every year a new version came out to play a year or two for nostalgia purposes (and it's a good reminder of how far the game has come and how it has changed).

I was playing my nostalgia league (in OOTP 11) today after taking a break from my expansion 1961 Washington Senators in OOTP18 when it happened. The ultimate. The unthinkable. After literally playing out probably over thousands of games (I've played out every game for over 100 seasons dating back to OOTP 2007) the thing that I've NEVER WITNESSED, either for or against me, was the PERFECT game.

Until today. And the cool thing was it was the pitcher that I just had to have when I first took over the Rays, and was the only FA I signed that year because I way overpaid for him (got in a bidding war with three or four other teams). And he repaid me today with that which I had never, ever seen in all of those game I've played out.

Oh, and the other cool thing? IT WAS OPENING DAY!!!!

Man I was shaking in the 8th. I was scared to hit the button in the 9th, and with that 27th out, I literally screamed out loud and jumped out of my chair.

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!!!

Man I love this game.....

ADDED: Oh and don't let the date fool you. It's 1905, but only because it's my habit to start a new league in 1901 every time. The league totals and PCM's and LTM's are all modern day, the default values when you start a new fictional league.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 06-12-2017 at 06:08 PM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Awesome!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:17 PM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Buckle up, OFG. Looks like you're having quite a year! Prepare for the ride!
Old 06-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #4
Hemi425HP
Minors (Triple A)

Wow, that's incredible!
Old 06-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Really sweet!
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Those player banners in the field might be my favorite!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:26 AM   #7
redranger
All Star Reserve

Awesome

BTW, what stadiums pics do you use? Really nice pic and layout for your gameplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #8
bjohn13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yup. I've played thousands of games over the years, and I've never had a perfect game. I've had three no hitters, and one of those had a perfect game broken up by a catcher's interference in the ninth. Never a perfect game, though.

I've also never had a player get four home runs in a game, which I consider to be the other "ultimate" experience.
bjohn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I've never seen one either I think I remember Markus saying even he's never seen one.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #10
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger View Post
Awesome

BTW, what stadiums pics do you use? Really nice pic and layout for your gameplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.ootpmods.com/tiki-index.p...page_ref_id=66

Scroll Down to File Gallery 2007 and the name of the file is "2006MLBBallparks.zip".

But remember, this is a screenshot from OOTP 11, it's SEVEN YEARS OLD. LOL
Old 06-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #11
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohn13 View Post
Yup. I've played thousands of games over the years, and I've never had a perfect game. I've had three no hitters, and one of those had a perfect game broken up by a catcher's interference in the ninth. Never a perfect game, though.

I've also never had a player get four home runs in a game, which I consider to be the other "ultimate" experience.
Oh I've had probably two dozen no-hitters (both for and against me). LOL no-hitters became a dime a dozen it seemed I guess cause I never had a perfecto. I had at least 5 cases where it was perfect into the 8th, and one I remember vividly into the 9th because it was TWO OUTS. I was just sure this game it was gonna break my heart again. LOL

But it didn't!!! I still can't believe it. TEN REAL LIFE YEARS I've been playing this game, every version from OOTP 2007 (which is basically the same as OOTP 8, they renamed it OOTP 8 after the split with SEGA IIRC) to OOTP18. Ten years. Thousands of games. And finally. FINALLY!!!!! lol
Old 06-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #12
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I've never seen one either I think I remember Markus saying even he's never seen one.
I can believe it. It took me ten years in real life. I thought it might never happen.

It just occurred to me (from a poster above) that I'm not sure if I've witnessed a 4 HR game. I couldn't say definitively yes or no. It's not something I ever "looked for" like a did a perfect game. But it's possible I've never seen one of them too.

Right now it's back to my expansion 1961 Senators in OOTP18. It's the first time I've ever played anything other than fictional in OOTP. But I just HAD to try the expansion draft at least once... to see if I could outdo the real Senators that pretty much sucked. (it seemed the real 1961 Senators put an emphasis on hitters rather than pitching.... which is exactly bassackwards IMO. Pitching wins. It's like in golf.... driving is for show but putting is for the dough. Putting wins in golf. Pitching wins in baseball. Always has. Always will.

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 06-13-2017 at 01:33 PM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #13
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

I had a no hitter where the only batter reached on a dropped third strike. Closest I'll probably ever come to a perfect game. Congrats on yours!
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:52 AM   #14
Reggie
Major Leagues

I totally get not wanting to hit the button. I get that way in the 7th inning of a possible no hitter. Can't even imagine the nerves during a perfect game. I'd need a defibrillator.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #15
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

My only no hitter came in a tiebreaking playoff game against my (real and fictional) team's arch-rival, pretty sweet. I don't think I've ever been close to a perfect game.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote