Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Steam Workshop Now Enabled (FHM4 Workshop Now Up)

The Steam workshop is now enabled in the game, which should simplify the distribution of your mods significantly. To upload them, please follow these instructions.

1. Open the Steamworks tab in the start menu
2. Click on “Create Item”
3. Enter a name and a description and click on OK.
4. The new item will be created and published as a private item which is not visible to the public yet. You’ll see it the “your published items”.
5. Open the Workshop in your Steam client with “Open workshop” or go directly to the published item with the “Show” link in the table.
6. In this screen, you find options to delete the item, to edit it, to make it visible to the public, subscribe to it, and so on.
7. To add a preview image, click on "Change" beside Preview Image and select the path to your preview picture.
8. To add the data itself, you must navigate to the folder you're keeping it in. However, this folder must follow a specific format:
  • For example, you want to make a modified staff picture. Create the folder C:\FHM4proj\custdata\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.q uick\graphics\personnel_pics (i.e., you need a top-level directory, then one named \custdata\, and below that the precise path that the file needs to go to within the \Franchise Hockey Manager 4 folder - it needs to match exactly.)
  • To upload the file(s), click on "Change" beside Source Folder and choose your top-level directory - in the above example, it's \FHM4proj - do not go further down than that, or your mod will not install correctly.
9. Once that's done, you're finished. To test it, subscribe to the mod from the workshop screen of your Steam client, exit the game, then re-start it. You should see the message "This item is downloaded, click here to install it." Click that, and it'll install.

Edit: Looks like there's some weird formatting glitch in the example in step 8 - there shouldn't be a space in "OpeningDay.quick", but I can't seem to remove it.

Last edited by Adam B; 01-25-2018 at 12:48 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can someone who's not on the test team please attempt to subscribe to the "SHL 2016-17" mod Pwal has uploaded to the workshop and confirm if it works for them? He was able to get it working after opting out of the beta testing version, but it won't install correctly for me; we're wondering if it's OK for all non-tester users.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #3
Nino33
Major Leagues

I was able to subscribe
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks, looks like it must be some glitch with the testing access.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:22 PM   #5
Nino33
Major Leagues

So far I haven't been able to see the jerseys ingame; that may well be my fault somehow as I haven't used mods with FHM before, but I thought they'd show up ingame automatically (I've tried two different times starting a sandbox game with myself in charge of an SHL team and I just get the default jerseys)
Old 11-04-2016, 09:50 PM   #6
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
So far I haven't been able to see the jerseys ingame; that may well be my fault somehow as I haven't used mods with FHM before, but I thought they'd show up ingame automatically (I've tried two different times starting a sandbox game with myself in charge of an SHL team and I just get the default jerseys)
Did you try starting a new PtG game too?

Update: Ok, I just tested it, and it seems to work when you start a new PtG game.

Last edited by Pwal; 11-04-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Pwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:17 PM   #7
Nino33
Major Leagues

Then I must be doing something wrong, as I just tried it and it didn't work for me (still had default jerseys); not sure what I'm doing wrong though...

P.S. I just double-checked and it still shows as "subscribed"
Old 11-04-2016, 10:36 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

After subscribing, did you re-start the game and go to the Steamworks tab to install it?
Old 11-04-2016, 10:38 PM   #9
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
Then I must be doing something wrong, as I just tried it and it didn't work for me (still had default jerseys); not sure what I'm doing wrong though...

P.S. I just double-checked and it still shows as "subscribed"
At the game start screen, did you go in the Steamworks section, and then click on "This item is downloaded, click here to install it"?

Jeff beat me to it.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:11 PM   #10
Nino33
Major Leagues

I hadn't clicked install!

But alas that hasn't solved my problem, as clicking on "This item has downloaded, click here to install it" just brings up an "Attention!" message that says "Error: No files found in source folder. No files to copy!"

I tried multiple times, including unsubscribing/subscribing and closing/restarting Steam, no luck...
Old 11-04-2016, 11:38 PM   #11
Duranium
All Star Starter

...after 2 hours i finally gave up - didn´t work for me
Attached Images
Image Image 

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:25 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. The directory structure for both the SHL and the historical logos looks fine to me, it's set up the same way I did that staff picture thing, which works fine. I'm going to have to get Andreas to take a look at this and try to figure out what's going wrong.

Edit: just to spare anyone the trouble of checking, it's not a file permissions thing, I just tried running both the steam client and FHM3.exe file as admin, no luck.

Last edited by JeffR; 11-05-2016 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Update on the "no files found" issue. Andreas found and fixed the problem, unfortunately, it's going to require a game update to fix, so it won't be working properly until the next one. But you won't need to do anything else - the mods that are up now (assuming the directory structure was set up correctly) will start installing properly as soon as that's done. And you can continue to put things on the workshop in anticipation of that happening.

You may, however, want to include a note that people will need to manually install until the second game update. The files are being downloaded correctly, just not moved over in the final step - the users can find them on their own system (on Windows, they're in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\465660 directory, in a separately-numbered folder for each mod) and move them the rest of the way.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:32 PM   #14
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Can someone help me out with this, I want to get my historical set posted on Steam and I am usually really good with this stuff but I am racking my brain over this...It looks like I got it created with a cover image and I can see it hidden on Steam but not sure if my files are there, how to make it viewable and downloadable, and not sure if I have the file structure part set up correctly?
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:41 PM   #15
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Can someone help me out with this, I want to get my historical set posted on Steam and I am usually really good with this stuff but I am racking my brain over this...It looks like I got it created with a cover image and I can see it hidden on Steam but not sure if my files are there, how to make it viewable and downloadable, and not sure if I have the file structure part set up correctly?
Anyone?
Old 11-14-2016, 10:46 PM   #16
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
On your mod Steam page, there's the "Change visibility" dropdown menu under Owner Controls. Click on it to select Public and it should be available to all. To test it, subscribe to your mod, it should download it. Launch the game, go in the Steamworks section, and then click on "This item is downloaded, click here to install it". It should then be installed in your OpeningDay.quick folder.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:26 PM   #17
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwal View Post
On your mod Steam page, there's the "Change visibility" dropdown menu under Owner Controls. Click on it to select Public and it should be available to all. To test it, subscribe to your mod, it should download it. Launch the game, go in the Steamworks section, and then click on "This item is downloaded, click here to install it". It should then be installed in your OpeningDay.quick folder.
Thanks Pwal, I appreciate it. What I think I am confused with is this:

Quote:
For example, you want to make a modified staff picture. Create the folder C:\FHM3proj\custdata\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.q uick\graphics\personnel_pics (i.e., you need a top-level directory, then one named \custdata\, and below that the precise path that the file needs to go to within the \Franchise Hockey Manager 3 folder - it needs to match exactly.)
To upload the file(s), click on "Change" beside Source Folder and choose your top-level directory - in the above example, it's \FHM3proj - do not go further down than that, or your mod will not install correctly.
I don't really know how to make sure all my jerseys and helmets go where they're supposed when someone else downloads it...
Old 11-14-2016, 11:47 PM   #18
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
I don't really know how to make sure all my jerseys and helmets go where they're supposed when someone else downloads it...
Faith, you must have faith in the Steam Workshop! If your helmets are in the helmet_pics and your jerseys are in the jersey_pics folders before you upload them, they'll be put in the right place when the users will download them.

Last edited by Pwal; 11-15-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:28 AM   #19
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thanks Pwal, I appreciate it. What I think I am confused with is this:

The best way to check if you´ve done it right is to unsubscribe your workshop pack, delete all jerseys and helmets in your ...Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 3\quickstart_games\Historical.quick\graphics folder, then subscribe again, download your pack and re-start a test game.
This is how i finally got it running

Here are 2 screenies that show how the used paths should look like...hope that helps.
Attached Images
Image Image 

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #20
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Pwal and Duranium! I'll give it a shot this evening once I'm home!