Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:44 AM   #21
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Last two posts...

Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:51 AM   #22
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

What's strange is, for every person that says new flashy features should be put aside until existing problems get resolved, there's another person that says the new version didn't offer enough new features to warrant a purchase. Or, why should I spend ____ on a patch. Seems like a no win situation for the makers of OOTP.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:53 AM   #23
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
What's strange is, for every person that says new flashy features should be put aside until existing problems get resolved, there's another person that says the new version didn't offer enough new features to warrant a purchase. Or, why should I spend ____ on a patch. Seems like a no win situation for the makers of OOTP.
The funny thing is with these few unhappy users, on both sides, deciding to keep their money, as they are entitled to do, OOTP continues to grow bigger and bigger

The developers must be doing something right
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #24
Celtic Forever
All Star Reserve

Pretty excited, man. Didn't buy the last version, so I'm eager to see what this one has in store!
Celtic Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:12 AM   #25
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Mobile sign-stealing arcade game when?
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:22 AM   #26
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
i swear, if the announcement is Markus has now gone vegan and glutton free i'm going to lose it
I just got a couple of awesome steaks at my local butcher that I will enjoy tonight with my girlfriend. So, chances are that that is not the announcement.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #27
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
It's the same story each year. It is impossible to please everybody. But, we try each year and do the best we can, and when I look at our growth the past 5 years, it seems we have been doing a pretty good job
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:30 AM   #28
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Basketball Game? A Game like City Skylines but called Sports Tycoon? Sportscenter type Game?
Old 02-20-2020, 11:59 AM   #29
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

I got a hold of the press release:

OOTP DEVELOPMENTS ANNOUNCES ITS NEWEST SPORTS GAME!

OOTM (OUT OF THEIR MINDS) GIRLS' FIELD HOCKEY!

Finally, after years of development and in response to literally no requests from the public, OOTP Developments is proud to announce the debut of their newest sports-management sim, OOTM GIRLS' FIELD HOCKEY.

Yes, girls' field hockey. A sport that combines all the action of soccer with all the violence of ice hockey and all the snobbery of boys' lacrosse. Fans of the sport will now be able to thrill to the exploits of stars like Becky, Jennifer, Kylie, Kaylie, Kelly, and Jennifer M. Fans will be able to guide famous teams like St. Mary's Academy, Miss Pruitt's Day School, and even perpetual underdogs Malcolm X Prep as they advance to the state regional semi-finals and on to victory! After playing OOTM GIRLS' FIELD HOCKEY, you'll never again say "I thought only south-Asians played this sport."
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:52 PM   #30
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Malleus Dei is returning as a contributor.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:13 PM   #31
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
I got a hold of the press release:

OOTP DEVELOPMENTS ANNOUNCES ITS NEWEST SPORTS GAME!

OOTM (OUT OF THEIR MINDS) GIRLS' FIELD HOCKEY!

Finally, after years of development and in response to literally no requests from the public, OOTP Developments is proud to announce the debut of their newest sports-management sim, OOTM GIRLS' FIELD HOCKEY.

Yes, girls' field hockey. A sport that combines all the action of soccer with all the violence of ice hockey and all the snobbery of boys' lacrosse. Fans of the sport will now be able to thrill to the exploits of stars like Becky, Jennifer, Kylie, Kaylie, Kelly, and Jennifer M. Fans will be able to guide famous teams like St. Mary's Academy, Miss Pruitt's Day School, and even perpetual underdogs Malcolm X Prep as they advance to the state regional semi-finals and on to victory! After playing OOTM GIRLS' FIELD HOCKEY, you'll never again say "I thought only south-Asians played this sport."
Well now I hope it's this
Old 02-20-2020, 02:14 PM   #32
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

OOTP presents.........

Co-Ed Beer Softball League 1

ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:30 PM   #33
zappa1
All Star Starter

I myself would love to see a golf game. I know, I know. I'm in the minority. Still would be a nice leisurely game that you could take your time with while playing. Plan your next shot. All kinds of possibilities. But maybe none of the developers even like golf. I think it would be fun.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:35 PM   #34
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Malleus Dei is returning as a contributor.
I am holding out for a return of The Wolf!
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:09 PM   #35
Zitofan75
All Star Starter

OOTP21 will now come with an in-game manager option to simulate a staff member banging on a garbage can as part of a sign stealing scam. Increases your batter's Contact Gap and Power randomly +5 to +10 and his Eye and Avoid K's +15 to +25 on the 20 to 80 scale. Abuse it too many times though and you might forfeit a draft pick and see all your star hitters plunked over the next season. Now that's some coding!

Last edited by Zitofan75; 02-20-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Zitofan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #36
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

It's for a new feature being added to the game. With Live Update if it happened in real life it happened in your OOTP Game. This year Markus & Co. is pleased to announce Real Life Update. Now if it happens in your game it will happen in real life! You say you just traded Mike Trout to the Yankees in your game? Tune in to MLB Network buddy... it just happened for REAL! Now you can REALLY control your team!
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:02 PM   #37
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
It's for a new feature being added to the game. With Live Update if it happened in real life it happened in your OOTP Game. This year Markus & Co. is pleased to announce Real Life Update. Now if it happens in your game it will happen in real life! You say you just traded Mike Trout to the Yankees in your game? Tune in to MLB Network buddy... it just happened for REAL! Now you can REALLY control your team!
Now that's really gonna mess with my head
Old 02-20-2020, 04:36 PM   #38
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
The arms race between Yankee and Red Sox fans would be interesting to say the least. "I just traded a random rookie ball guy for Trout" "Yeah, well I just made you guys offer Tebow a billion dollar contract!"
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #39
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
I am holding out for a return of The Wolf!
Yep, the good ole’ days...

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 02-20-2020 at 09:33 PM.
CHOWDERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:54 PM   #40
Charlie Ricker
Minors (Single A)

In anticipation of OOTP21.....
Attached Images
Charlie Ricker is offline   Reply With Quote