Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-25-2019, 11:25 PM   #1
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

League totals all messed up

I attempted to change my minor league totals to reflect the major league totals and in doing so it would appear i'm messing things up. In the picture below i'm trying to get the left side to match the right side. I should have left that stuff alone but now i've got it messaged up and i don't know how to change it either back to the default 1.000 for every stat or get it to look like the Major league totals.
Attached Images

Last edited by krownroyal83; 10-25-2019 at 11:26 PM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:30 AM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
I attempted to change my minor league totals to reflect the major league totals and in doing so it would appear i'm messing things up. In the picture below i'm trying to get the left side to match the right side. I should have left that stuff alone but now i've got it messaged up and i don't know how to change it either back to the default 1.000 for every stat or get it to look like the Major league totals.
Try what I recommend in this post from this thread, and see if you can get things back on the rails. In general, I would argue in favour of changing the totals rather than the modifiers, because of what's happened here for you. Others disagree with me, but I find my method easier.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:05 AM   #3
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post

Your problem is that the two sets of league totals AT BATS are not the same.

The left side has 100000AB the other side 165000AB...hence as you see in the totals below the BA, OBP and SLG % will be way way different. Go back and get the AB to whatever you want them to be, then run the "modifiers" button...all should be fine after that.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Your problem is that the two sets of league totals AT BATS are not the same.

The left side has 100000AB the other side 165000AB...hence as you see in the totals below the BA, OBP and SLG % will be way way different. Go back and get the AB to whatever you want them to be, then run the "modifiers" button...all should be fine after that.
How do I know what my at bats should be? I run a 18 team fictional league. The 165000 AB’s is for my major league and 100000 is for both minor leagues that I have. Both of which I don’t recall inputting.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:30 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

as longer as there's "enough" it will resolve as much as it can in the game.

100,000 is fine, if it is adjusted to match similar or same ratios of default -- if that's the type of environment you want.

either import from a historical year, or go start a quickstart and screenshot the defaults. importing "2019" or whatever the latest year is, will not be the same, fyi.

the differing ltm/lt sets for ML and MiLs is not going to cause any problems. if you want them all the same environemtn, just make sure they are all the same. the rest will scale to (# of games x teams) after that. talent ebb and flow in mil is drastically different than your ml level. also, smaller # of games x teams = significantly higher volatility... so extremely volatile compared to a volatile single ml year with 30x162(or i guess 15x162).

in general, you want to adjust modifiers, not the totals. if you do change the totals, better make sure they add up -- e.g. you change hr, that affects babip and whatever else.

Changing modifiers always relative to current value.. so to add 10% to a .560 is .560 + .056 = 616. For most stats that aren't of the rarer type, this will work as predicted when you change 1 at a time. like the totals, if you change one thing, it may shift others. add hr and you reduce league babip, then a few less 2b,3b, and singles. etc etc. it's all part of one whole. squeeze one area, and it bloats somewhere else.

modifiers -- there is no "default" Autocalculate them, if you have modified them. can only do that before season starts. autocalc is 100% dependent on the current players in league. if they are not perfectly average distribution and quality, which is impossible, it's not even "centering" things around a median. you may want to adjust as you see things dip or soar too much, or you may want to import historical years for variety. really doesn't matter, as long as you understand how it works. you can make it do roughly what you want, then.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-26-2019 at 01:39 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:25 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

How's this all progressing kr83?

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:38 AM   #7
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
How's this all progressing kr83?
Seems to be fine so far, but keep in mind that i'm only like 10 games into the season for all the league levels. Triple A's league BA was consistently around .242 and ERA was around 3.60 so I wanted those numbers to more reflect the numbers in my major league. Which they do now so i'm happy. I'll have to keep looking and make a subtle change here and there but it seems good for now. Thanks for asking. My fictional league is like my baby so I don't want to mess it up haha.