Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #21
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

So far, so good... I have managed to get to OOTP Tech Support and I am now copying the zip file on their website... it will take 5 hours.

Hope this works.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #22
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
You can download a good one here. The right one for your computer is one of the first two links in the top box. If you have a computer with a 32-bit operating system, download the 32-bit one, and vice versa for the 64-bit. If you don't know which of the two systems you have, you can download this handy dandy little program here, and run it to find out. Either the FileHippo link or the CCleaner link will work, and the free version works just fine.
7-zip is an excellent suggestion.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #23
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The transfer of my league zip file has been processing for 5 hours... It started at 18 hours and has been stuck on 17 hours for 3 hours... don't think it's working correctly, so I cancelled it.

I'm tired of fooling with this problem... I think I will just go back to OOTP18 and convert it to OOTP19 again and replay the half season that got corrupted.

I just hope the corruption wasn't in the conversions from OOTP12 to OOTP19.

It will take me about 50 hours to replay the half season that is corrupt.

I'd rather do that than hassle with computer technology... I have spent the last few days on nothing else but trying to get the league file zipped and sent to OOTP Tech Support... I'm just tired and worn out.

Maybe I'll have a better attitude tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #24
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
7-zip is an excellent suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Windows 10 will supposedly zip files.

I tried it, but have not been successful.

If I continue to try to save the league, I'll try 7-zip.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:57 AM   #25
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

a tip about 7zip:

use the split view when "unzipping" and archive. not relevent to creating one.

by dragging to the split view destination pane, you avoid a copy to a temp directory of the contents. if it's a multi-gig file, it can save a good chunk of time, and reduces needed disk space to get things done too, even if temporary stuff.

otherwise, when you drag to an empty folder from the single view, it copies all data to system temp directory, then copies it a 2nd time once complete to the destination folder you dropped it into... kind of a pain and redundant.

anyway, when you install 7zip, it offers what is called 'integration' maybe 'shell integration' something to that effect, which will add it to right-click context menus. it's useful to select for the following use:

you can simply right click the "league.lg" folder and select 'add to archive' and it should start you off on the process of zipping it up. i wouldn't use too much compression, if any, unless you have a slow internet connection. it will be an option on the window that pops up after you selected 'add to arachive' for the league folder.

7zip is one of those programs you'll rarely load on its own. you'll start with the file. like double-clicking a zip or right-clicking to add to archive 99% of the time.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #26
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I plan on just converting OOTP18 to OOTP19 for a second time and picking up the league where it left off in OOTP18 (Feb. 1st in the preseason).

Do I need to do anything to OOTP19 prior to the conversion?

Will it be necessary to purge the corrupt half season I played in OOTP19?... should I delete the corrupt half season... or will the conversion just overwrite it?

Should I uninstall the current version and reinstall it to start off with an uncorrupted game?

In case something goes wrong in the conversion, I have OOTP18 backed up in two places... one on an external hard drive.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-25-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:06 PM   #27
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you don't need to install or uninstall. if the leauge is corrupt, it's contained in the .lg directory, no worries. the new attempt will take care of that.

since you are converting, that stuff is just non-existent relative to the new league you will create after successful conversion process. even though it's from the same source (older-release ootp league), it'll be new league files and directory relative to ootp'19.

i'd rename the old .lg directory from previous conversion attempt or move it somewhere else, and delete once you are certain this new path works out 100% fine. i'm assuming the league's name will be the same and that might get confusing or worse overwrite the old one that may or may not be needed.

you shouldn't have to do anything. just like last time and make 2 backups, at least initially. rename one that will remain day 1 backup and one that you incrementally back up as you go (incremental -- same name as league as normal... renam "day 1" so it never changes from game backup process after that point)... this way if you get 6 months out with a problem you don't have to do the conversion, at least. when i tried that once, it was a very long process.

------

when you copy auto-save over and the dB has data that is post-dated, for lack of better phrase, it does automatically remove all those entries from any future date. yes. maybe this is what you are thinking of?

Last edited by NoOne; 01-25-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:58 PM   #28
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
you don't need to install or uninstall. if the leauge is corrupt, it's contained in the .lg directory, no worries. the new attempt will take care of that.

since you are converting, that stuff is just non-existent relative to the new league you will create after successful conversion process. even though it's from the same source (older-release ootp league), it'll be new league files and directory relative to ootp'19.

i'd rename the old .lg directory from previous conversion attempt or move it somewhere else, and delete once you are certain this new path works out 100% fine. i'm assuming the league's name will be the same and that might get confusing or worse overwrite the old one that may or may not be needed.

you shouldn't have to do anything. just like last time and make 2 backups, at least initially. rename one that will remain day 1 backup and one that you incrementally back up as you go (incremental -- same name as league as normal... renam "day 1" so it never changes from game backup process after that point)... this way if you get 6 months out with a problem you don't have to do the conversion, at least. when i tried that once, it was a very long process.

------

when you copy auto-save over and the dB has data that is post-dated, for lack of better phrase, it does automatically remove all those entries from any future date. yes. maybe this is what you are thinking of?
Thank you, thank you, thank you... now I feel like it is OK to convert from OOTP18 to OOTP19 again to try and salvage my Islandian Pro Alliance.

No One, thank you so very much for all of your help.

You really help a lot of people on the OOTPB Forums.

It is much appreciated.

To make sure I understand you correctly, all I have to do is import OOTP18 into OOTP19... I do not have to change anything in OOTP19... Is that correct?
Old 01-27-2019, 11:25 AM   #29
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i'm an @hole to an equal amount of people, so it just evens out....

lol, there is a post very recently that i just made up something that didn't exist in the game ==> the team budget or financials under league statistics screen doesn't show each team's strategy in a list.. i confidently told someone that it did... tons of help for that guy. i bet he doesn't feel the same way about me

Last edited by NoOne; 01-27-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:16 PM   #30
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I just reconverted the corrupt league from OOTP18 to OOTP19 and so far, so good... no problem.

Glad I had saved OOTP18... and also had it backed up on an external hard drive.

Several years ago battists gave all of us in the OOTPB Community some great advice... back up... back up... back up.

battists was in charge of the Beta Teams when I was on it... a really great guy... and one of the hardest-working OOTPB members I have ever encountered.

Is he still involved with OOTPB?
Old 01-30-2019, 02:24 PM   #31
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
I just reconverted the corrupt league from OOTP18 to OOTP19 and so far, so good... no problem.

Glad I had saved OOTP18... and also had it backed up on an external hard drive.

Several years ago battists gave all of us in the OOTPB Community some great advice... back up... back up... back up.

battists was in charge of the Beta Teams when I was on it... a really great guy... and one of the hardest-working OOTPB members I have ever encountered.

Is he still involved with OOTPB?
Not officially. He's still on the beta team as a tester though.

Really glad you've got things working again!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:25 PM   #32
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Not officially. He's still on the beta team as a tester though.

Really glad you've got things working again!
Lukas Berger, thanks for all your help to try and save my IPA Dynasty League... much appreciate you and all of the OOTP Development Team.

Good to hear that battists is still an OOTParker.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:56 AM   #33
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Glad to see you got it working Eugene!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote