Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:26 PM   #1
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Out at Plate 3D Bug

seems to happen at least once per game. base hit to the OF, runner coming home slides in safely, ball comes 3 seconds later and OUT.

every once in awhile would be fine (catcher blocked plate, runner missed plate) or on close plate where he appeared to beat the throw.

but it keeps happening and keeps happening on players that are not even close on the animation.

anyone else seeing this?

developers aware and on patch fix list?

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zaulbro16h...orums.wmv?dl=0

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Old 04-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I have seen that play and others which are just a bit off in terms of visual display versus play results. From what I have read here, the developers are aware that the 3D animation needs fine-tuning here and there and they are working consistently to improve it.

That said, have you seen the one where the first baseman appears to juggle the ball after receiving a throw? That one is pretty common and while at first I would have my heart in my throat (my first baseman) or a cheer in my throat (their first baseman), I have learned that it means nothing. Just another item to be tidied up eventually.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #4
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

this one is way closer and way easier to believe close play, missed call, blocked plate...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twkwwyv2lj...ports.wmv?dl=0

-Martin Luther King

-Einstein

-Muhammad Ali

-Toby Harrah
Old 04-07-2018, 11:08 PM   #5
Coja
Minors (Single A)

Yes, I've seen this also. And, several other animation vs outcome issues. (The one that used to bug me the most was on fly balls that OFs would be waiting for, but still drop in front of them)

I've become content with what I believe to be what is happening. The simulation engine is amazing. The engine simulates a play, and then the visuals show the play - but, the visuals are brand new, and not nearly as polished as the simulation.

I just tell myself that the particular play isn't an accurate visual of what happened. I wish all the plays were accurate of course, but, I've become OK with accepting that this is year 1 of 3D, and OOTP isn't there yet.

I also consider this when deciding whether or not to send runners (that the ball might not "Really" be where it's being displayed.
Coja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:31 PM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The sliding catches are starting to wear on me.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:34 AM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

haha, a truly blind umpire! can't discriminate, right?

Better check and see if that guy is on any of the local Bookies' rolls.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-08-2018 at 02:36 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #8
Reggie
Major Leagues

Another one is the first baseman fielding a grounder two feet a way from the bag and he mysteriously throws to the pitcher covering 1st. Then the ball travels in slow motion through the air and the runner is safe.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:25 PM   #9
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

We pay to be the development team's beta testers & quality control. Stuff like this should be caught well in advance. Don't dare criticize though. People will get very upset with you.
TanzKommandant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:36 PM   #10
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
THIS is one thing I do find annoying....I hope some of the 3-d graphics are corrected in the next patch.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:22 PM   #11
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzKommandant View Post
We pay to be the development team's beta testers & quality control. Stuff like this should be caught well in advance. Don't dare criticize though. People will get very upset with you.
since I posted the original post and am 100% behind the developers let me respond to this by supporting the developers completely and calmly address why you feel like people on this board might get upset for criticism of the development team.

Over the years I have posted tons of issues, suggestions and bugs and they always respond. No other game have I play is so consistently supported and improved on all year long. When I see something that needs work I always post and never worry about "it should have been fixed already." there are 100s of small things in this game that have been improved by these interactions over the years.

Markus and company have earned a great deal of respect from their user community. Not only for their commitment to the product, but for the respect and interaction they have with the community. I use to frequent many bulletin boards in the early days of the internet, since it was the most common form of early communication for specific communities. this is really the only one I still frequent and it is largely because it has stayed away from the negative stuff that can ruin boards. this forum is a healthy conversation around the game with users and developers helping each other with this incredible game.

does that means we are all just "fan boys?" I can't speak for others but I am most definitely a #1 fan boy. But that is only because that dedication has been earned time and time again by the development team's commitment to the product and the community.

-Martin Luther King

-Einstein

-Muhammad Ali

-Toby Harrah
Old 04-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

What we need for this sort of thing is not the uploaded game files in your dropbox links (though thanks for taking the time to post them!) but the code that you can get just after the weird play happens, as described in the initial post of this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=286236

Once you get that, post it in that thread and Matt will surely get to work on it as soon as he's able to do so

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote