Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:47 AM   #21
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The walk-up music is always the first to go for me. It destroys the immersion when playing in the 40's and 50's. Those files are intro1, intro2, and intro3.

By the way, if anyone is having trouble playing the new OGG sound files, the free Foobar2000 player will do it.
Yup, HATE the walk-up music - even in real life!

I replaced it with my "custom" sound files. The "New England Peanut Guy" is me - hat tip to the long time vendor on Lansdowne St. right in front of Fenway on game days. Attached pic taken night before Fenway opening day.

EDIT: Sound files in thread below.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...hlight=Windows
Attached Images

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.

Last edited by texasmame; 05-09-2017 at 01:53 PM.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:07 PM   #22
micropterus58
All Star Starter

You can use a free open source program called Audacity to convert, edit and modify sound files. It supports Windows, Mac OS and Linux. It can lower the volume if you like. You can modify or replace the files you don't like. Remember that each OOTP update will overwrite any sound files you change, so make a sounds backup folder so you can copy your custom files back to the sounds folder. The OOTP developers can't make the game perfect for every person. I'm running a 19th century league so I don't want rock music. I do agree that a playlist checklist would be a good option. The game will still play wav files made for previous versions.

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #23
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yeah, feel free to edit/delete/add any sounds you want. We try to do what we can, but there's only so much we can do overall.

And count me in as someone else who hates the current walk-up music too. But I tried searching for new walk-up type music that we could (legally) use, and didn't find anything that worked. Someday we'll find something that works, or we'll find some band that can donate us a bunch of 10-second sound clips that we can put in the game.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:12 PM   #24
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
And count me in as someone else who hates the current walk-up music too. But I tried searching for new walk-up type music that we could (legally) use, and didn't find anything that worked. Someday we'll find something that works, or we'll find some band that can donate us a bunch of 10-second sound clips that we can put in the game.
There's plenty of royalty-free music out there, even for commercial use. A quick Google search should suffice.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #25
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

they may not be able to package it with real music, be we can

even if it is illegal, no one's coming to your house to make sure you don't mix copyright music with ootp on an individual level.

public domain music is junk, lol. that's why it's free. like, "row, row, row, your boat," i think.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #26
curt
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
to be honest i never play the game with sound anyway. the crowd reactions are too inconsistent for the game situations and I'd have to use headphones and it's just not worth it.
I hear a lot of cheers when the visiting gets a hit on occasion ???
curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #27
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
they may not be able to package it with real music, be we can

even if it is illegal, no one's coming to your house to make sure you don't mix copyright music with ootp on an individual level.

public domain music is junk, lol. that's why it's free. like, "row, row, row, your boat," i think.
You can do whatever you want for personal use. I mean, if you want to put your whole iTunes playlist as our intro music, and have each player walk up to a song that you already own, there's nothing wrong with that.

For me, the flaw is finding music that fits into the walk-up style. I've seen some sites that have royalty-free music that's not terrible, but they tend to be geared towards a small movie production music, so don't have the style that would fit. And since we only need like a 10-second clip, in a lot of cases we'd have to go buy the full song, and I'm far from a sound engineer so I'm limited in how much editing I can do with them.

Again, if anyone finds a site that has free or cheap royalty-free music, that would fit in for us, please point me to it and I'll see what I can. That's how a lot of the sound effects and background music has come about. I've still got a few that I have downloaded that I'll get around to adding, but still haven't found any walk-up music that I like. And trust me, I've tried to find new ones
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #28
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

okay, i secretly want "Row, row, row your boat" as walk-up music... please, put it in ?

NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #29
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
what? you don't want some wholesome dude from the 50's to walk out to DMX or something? (yeah, dated myself, too)

(the big joke is that a guy from the 50's is wholesome!) the see no evil, hear no evil decade. if we just pretend the bad stuff doesn't exist, it wont.
What are you talking about?! Mickey Mantle was as wholesome as organic milk! That story about the prostitutes he would meet up with under the bleachers was fake news.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #30
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupoke View Post
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Relevant

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #31
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post

Opening riff to Van Halen's "Unchained" would be good (especially in a rally spot )! Also, the chorus to KISS's "Rock and Roll All Nite," Cheap Trick's "Surrender" when the visiting team is up to bat.

Are you listening, Matt?!
OOTP can't do that. They'd get screwed by royalties. However, one of our top modders here, Honorable Pawn, is a sound engineer. I'm sure he can help with that stuff.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #32
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
You can use a free open source program called Audacity to convert, edit and modify sound files. It supports Windows, Mac OS and Linux. It can lower the volume if you like. You can modify or replace the files you don't like. Remember that each OOTP update will overwrite any sound files you change, so make a sounds backup folder so you can copy your custom files back to the sounds folder. The OOTP developers can't make the game perfect for every person. I'm running a 19th century league so I don't want rock music. I do agree that a playlist checklist would be a good option. The game will still play wav files made for previous versions.

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/
Electro swing for the 19th century, maybe?

Old 05-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #33
Klaus 74
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
okay, i secretly want "Row, row, row your boat" as walk-up music... please, put it in ?

You obviously are not the GM of the Padres. When I am I use Sarah Brightman's "Time To Say Good-bye" as walk-up music.
Klaus 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:13 PM   #34
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Interesting I've never noticed either the YEAH! guy or the screaming girl...

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:18 PM   #35
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
Electro swing for the 19th century, maybe?
Scott Joplin walk-up music.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #36
drksd4848
All Star Starter

You know, I remember the sound imaging OOTP 11 excellent. Everything flowed nicely, there was no "NO WAY" guy. All the crowd cheering was smooth and natural. After that, everything seem to go down hill. Inconsistent audio levels, some of the crowd cheering was annoying etc...

What happened? I almost want to dig out a copy of OOTP 11 and swap out the audio folder...

<EDITORIAL> BTW, I wish MLB would ban walk up music all together... jeez... just go up to the plate and hit the ball.. You have to hear music to massage your little baseball player ego? So annoying....</EDITORIAL>

Last edited by drksd4848; 07-14-2017 at 03:37 PM.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #37
low
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post
Interesting I've never noticed either the YEAH! guy or the screaming girl...
You play in one-pitch mode? Because the screaming girl is every foul ball.
low is offline   Reply With Quote