Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #1
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Can I get rid of the YEAH! guy?

Is it possible to isolate and delete the YEAH! guy during games? I love to listen to the crowd noise because of how realistic it is, but that YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! gets really annoying every couple of minutes!
He must travel to every game to be the drunk, obnoxious guy!
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
maximus33
Minors (Double A)

What about the NO guy?
maximus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #3
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

max, if you mean the "No Way!' guy, he only seems to appear if something big happens. The YEAH! guy is every couple of minutes period.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #4
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I want to rid of the no way guy lol
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:19 PM   #5
RubeBaker
All Star Reserve

I LOVE the new version of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" with the organ & the crowd singing. Much better than the older version.
RubeBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:13 PM   #6
drhay53
Major Leagues

the 'no way' guy, man, that guy gets on my nerves too.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #7
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Old 05-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #8
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Get rid of the "no way" guy by deleting one of the "boo" audio files. Not sure which one it is, but you can find it easily enough.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #9
drhay53
Major Leagues

to be honest i never play the game with sound anyway. the crowd reactions are too inconsistent for the game situations and I'd have to use headphones and it's just not worth it.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:38 PM   #10
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

pstrickert, I am still playing '17 (sorry I didnt clarify), but I found it under the file crowd1. He chimes in about half way thru the file. THANKS for your help. It drove me and my wife bonkers!
She's great about me playing my game with the sound up, but YEAH! was really aaaannnoying!

That's the second sound file I have gotten rid of, I also got rid of the girl with the high "WhoooYeah!" after almost every foul ball!

Last edited by ForeverRoyalKC; 05-06-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #11
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

any sound mods?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:38 AM   #12
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Get rid of the "no way" guy by deleting one of the "boo" audio files. Not sure which one it is, but you can find it easily enough.

booheavy1
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #13
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The walk-up music is always the first to go for me. It destroys the immersion when playing in the 40's and 50's. Those files are intro1, intro2, and intro3.

By the way, if anyone is having trouble playing the new OGG sound files, the free Foobar2000 player will do it.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #14
RubeBaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The walk-up music is always the first to go for me. It destroys the immersion when playing in the 40's and 50's. Those files are intro1, intro2, and intro3.

By the way, if anyone is having trouble playing the new OGG sound files, the free Foobar2000 player will do it.
Yes, somehow listening to Billy Squier in 1955 just doesn't seem right. ;-) "I hate this rock and roll rubbish!" "Well, I'm afraid it's here to stay, Fred!"
RubeBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:23 PM   #15
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

what? you don't want some wholesome dude from the 50's to walk out to DMX or something? (yeah, dated myself, too)

(the big joke is that a guy from the 50's is wholesome!) the see no evil, hear no evil decade. if we just pretend the bad stuff doesn't exist, it wont.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #16
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Matt was working on some revisions of the audio files. I've heard nothing more about it since the game was released in March.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:27 PM   #17
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Opening riff to Van Halen's "Unchained" would be good (especially in a rally spot )! Also, the chorus to KISS's "Rock and Roll All Nite," Cheap Trick's "Surrender" when the visiting team is up to bat.

Are you listening, Matt?!
Old 05-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #18
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Matt was working on some revisions of the audio files. I've heard nothing more about it since the game was released in March.
The main revision that I would like is to balance the volumes on all of the files, and remove the dramatic increase in volume during "exciting" moments. I would also like to be able to manage a playlist of files so I could easily exclude some.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #19
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The main revision that I would like is to balance the volumes on all of the files, and remove the dramatic increase in volume during "exciting" moments. I would also like to be able to manage a playlist of files so I could easily exclude some.
You can do this through your windows sound... hard to say without knowing what's installed... e.g. my vid card controled it until it fried, now bakc to integrated intel graphics and sound is controled by the original realtek drivers, lol.

anyway.. loudness equalization if a basic MS win update driver is installed for your sound. or, something of similar verbage, if not exactly the same.

pic is from bottom right corner after clicking the speaker icon. click the icon at top of resulting volume pop-up. then go to "Enhancment" tab in the resulting window pop-up.

FYI: turn your volume down to 1/4th of what it normally is before doing anythign else, lol.

if you suggest something, it could be a 'normalize' checkbox as opposed to normalizing each audio file -- so that those wtih a home theatre or sorround sound still get the dynamic volume effect.
Attached Images

Last edited by NoOne; 05-07-2017 at 07:25 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:26 PM   #20
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
You can do this through your windows sound... hard to say without knowing what's installed... e.g. my vid card controled it until it fried, now bakc to integrated intel graphics and sound is controled by the original realtek drivers, lol.

anyway.. loudness equalization if a basic MS win update driver is installed for your sound. or, something of similar verbage, if not exactly the same.

Yes, except that I have to remember to turn it off before I use my computer as a music server or play other games where I do want dynamic range.