Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #1
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Post [FHM3] set of screen backgrounds (NHL)

Hi folks,

here's a package of screen backgrounds I created for the NHL

before and after, example 1

To use 'em just put the .png files into this direction:
C:\Users\User\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 3\saved_games\your game name.lg\graphics\screen_backgrounds

I've been using the original logos (2016/17) of the clubs for the main background.
For the smaller logos on the bottom right I mostly used alternate/custom logos. Those are separated, so you don't have to use them if you don't like 'em (that's for single ones and for the complete logo pack). Or you could go the opposite direction and use only the logos with the default backgrounds.

download links (mega):
screen backgrounds > ScreenBackPack.zip
logos > LOGOS-ScreenBackPack.zip

update 14dec2016 > added Vegas Golden Knights > VegasScreenBack+Logo.zip

before and after, example 2

before and after, example 3

Most of the backgrounds aren't too shaby for a desktop wallpaper either

enjoy!

Last edited by sk78; 12-14-2016 at 08:23 AM. Reason: update
sk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

I've added a screen background for the Vegas Golden Knights (plus logo, the alternate one), download link in OP

Old 12-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I can't for the life of me get these awesome pics to work! It keeps using the default picture of the hockey net in the background even though all of them are overwritten by the new ones in the file folder. I even went as far as deleting the default picture files that is the hockey net in the background which its still finding a way to use. Is there something I'm doing wrong or a resolution setting I'm overlooking ?

Last edited by BlackIce; 12-14-2016 at 07:59 PM.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:48 AM   #4
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
I can't for the life of me get these awesome pics to work! It keeps using ...
Hmmm, that's strange.
I've tested with several resolutions before posting and didn't experience any trouble. The logo in the centre might look a bit squeezed or stretched for resolutions with a different aspect ratio than 8:5 (which is 1920x1200, 1440x900, ...), but not too badly and that's about it.

Only thing I can think of right now is that you accidently hit the wrong folder, but I'm pretty sure you double-checked that (?).
What about the logos bottom right, do you see the default or those included in the pack? Which resolution setting are you using for the game usually, would like to check that here?! Last question: Mac or PC?

>finished interrogation<
Old 12-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #5
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Its in the right folder alright. I've tested several resolutions as well just to see if that was the case.

I don't have any logos besides the stock ones on my screen with the default screens as well... even though the folder has been overwritten by the new ones its still drawing the images from somewhere even in the (steam default) area that I've overwritten too. Weird or what ?! *Spooky music queue

I'm running a PC.. I'll give it another go here this afternoon and perhaps even try to reinstall the entire game again just for good measure.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:43 AM   #6
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
... (steam default) ...
So you got the steam version (which I don't), maybe that's the crux of the matter.

I'm short of time now but with a quick at this thread here I could see that the steam version uses a very different folder structure. And I'm not even sure if the steam version allows you to modify anything without using the workshop (could be complete nonsense tho' lol).
I certainly can't check how the steam version handles the modding stuff...
Maybe you can find some valuable info in the thread I linked (or other steam topics here), I'm pretty sure it's steam related.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:44 PM   #7
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Been trying for awhile again now with a fresh new copy installed. Still no luck. I'm not sure why this isnt working ? Its such a damned shame in all honesty.

Edit:

To simplify things I've decided to just use the Arizona Background and the logo. I've deleted the "default" picture(s) and have copied your files into my screen_backgrounds folder.

Upon reentering the game, it still chooses to use the stock default ones that are shipped with the game. I've now even went into the steam files where the default logos and backgrounds are stored to replace the original ones with yours and it still chooses to use the "stock" ones.

Heres the confusing thing... I can start a fresh new save game (sandbox mode) and its still finds a way to use the original out of the box pictures. Now.. when I look in my screen_backgrounds folder it has created with a new game I started, the folder has the new Arizona pictures but is still using the originals... I'm confused beyond belief

Last edited by BlackIce; 12-15-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:48 AM   #8
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

This is really weird

I can even switch the backgrounds "on the fly" during the game is running, just by overwriting files in the screen_backgrounds folder.
I was hoping that someone with the steam version would jump in to help us out, it's very difficult for me to retrace what's going on without having the same version...

Somehow your game has to find a resource where it takes the default backgrounds and logos from.
Do you have this directory or is that already different? > C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 3\default_data\ ...

Maybe it's possible for you to do some kind of "faked" SteamWorkshop thingy.
Creating a new item and/or corresponding folders to make the game look for those and use it.
(screenshot taken from the thread I linked before)

EDIT: Of course there's a possibility that there's something wrong with the files. Could you please attach one (better two or three zipped) of those you have so that I could have a look at them and test if they work here? Thank you!

Last edited by sk78; 12-16-2016 at 04:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #9
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I've since reverted everything back to normal.. After more than a few days trying to make this work, I've all but given up... During this ordeal I had overwritten and replaced the original files with the new background files and logo files in both locations I have on my computer (Steam and Default location). I have determined that its finding an alternate method to revert to stock pictures that are no longer even on my computer and that alone is beyond my comprehension to this madness.

I do thank you immensely and I'll just need to wait for others to run into the same problem and hope its dealt with on the other end of the spectrum.

Last edited by BlackIce; 12-16-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:02 AM   #10
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Well, I can understand that you have enough of it.
I know what it's like to sit in front of the screen for hours and days, trying to find a solution for a certain problem without success - that's not funny at all. But it happens to me relatively often that I discover a solution (or at least a explanation) some time later just by accident, without even thinking 'bout the problem anymore. All of a sudden you see something and bang, you know that's it. Hopefully this could happen here, too!

I'm sorry 'bout all the headache because of it, I really didn't expect something like this could happen.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:18 PM   #11
Spirits
Major Leagues

I'm on Steam and the backgrounds work for me. I haven't tried using them as default pictures, but I'm not having any problems if I place them into a saved game.

My resolution:
1280×768, Windowed Mode
My file path:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 3\saved_games\SAVENAME\graphics\screen_backgrounds

>> CZECH TIPSPORT EXTRALIGA MEGATHREAD
Spirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #12
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I've tried that method too but hell.. im open to giving it another shot. thanks Spirits.

Edit:

I just copied and pasted the logos and backgrounds into my savegame file and overwritted them all. I logged into my saved game and ...... nothing.. natta...

at this point, it makes me look like a dofus .. and thats why i guess im more frustrated at this whole thing. Something is hindering it from using the pictures and I dont know what the blue hell it can be.

Last edited by BlackIce; 12-17-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:06 PM   #13
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Old 12-18-2016, 12:29 AM   #14
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

LMAO!!!!! Made my night!
Old 12-18-2016, 10:55 AM   #15
Spirits
Major Leagues

Quote:
I just copied and pasted the logos and backgrounds into my savegame file and overwritted them all. I logged into my saved game and ...... nothing.. natta...

at this point, it makes me look like a dofus .. and thats why i guess im more frustrated at this whole thing. Something is hindering it from using the pictures and I dont know what the blue hell it can be.
If it makes you feel better, I can't make the backgrounds work for Czech teams.

You could try turning off caching in Settings / Misc. I'm not promising anything, but it's worth a try.

>> CZECH TIPSPORT EXTRALIGA MEGATHREAD
Spirits is offline   Reply With Quote