Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #1
DairyLee
Bat Boy

Can't select player roles in strategy + few things

Hello there!

Just a few small things from the beta so far, most noticeable one has been I've not had any available roles for players come up when I try to assign them one. Seems to primarily be on the 5 on 3 and 4 on 3 PK for defensemen. Also can't always select any of the positions or roles on the 4 on 4/3 on 3 screen sometimes.

Also noticed in the manager options I can't select the option to let my assistant do the training when I have a head coach. If that's because you're expected to do it yourself then I suppose the button isn't needed there although feels like a HC's job

More of an ask than anything but when you did have a Head Coach employed I'd still like to be able to choose what they do in the manager options in PtG (assign lines/tactics etc). Would just allow for a bit more choice even if it's not strictly realistic. Although I guess you could say you're an overbearing GM making up for a coaches deficiencies :P
DairyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Is the lack of selectable roles happening with any particular tactics? I just tried a couple and get them OK.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #3
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

I can select roles, but for some reason only some of them are shown and when I right click on the currently selected role, on some players I can't re-select the role that was set before. Is this a bug?

Brandon Davidson (Oilers) is one example: the role "Stay-at-Home-Defenceman" was set as his primary and secondary role. I liked that, but took a look at the settings nonetheless and chose some other roles to test this. But after I re-entered the role menu, the "Stay-at-Home"-role is not available anymore. Not for the primary and not for secondary role. Why is this so?
I first thought this was a feature aka 'you only got to choose the roles the player is capable of', but that doesn't seem the case when it was there before and then the said role disappears.

Overall, the role menu is (at least for me) a little bit confusing. It would be even better to list ALL available roles for the specific position (forward, defenseman) and if there are limitations because of the player type (for example it is pretty unrealistic to have Derek Engelland to play as PP QB), grey out those options and color only the available ones. And: Why are the roles only on either the left or the right side of the screen instead of taking the whole pop-up?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give my opinion

Last edited by Puckhead; 10-19-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #4
DairyLee
Bat Boy

Seems to happen whatever tactic I set, what'll happen is I can select a role for one of the two defencemen on a line but there's only one column of choices so when it comes to the second defenceman I guess it locks off the column used for the first (if that makes sense). Have added an image so you have an idea of what I mean:

DairyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

That's what happened to me too. I figured it was working as intended, ie you can only have one playmaker, one scorer, and one two way forward on a line together and cant "cross the streams" if you will.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:31 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, I see, there's definitely something going wrong with the 3-on-X defenceman role settings. There's actually a forward role listed in the first spot that shouldn't be there, that's probably the cause.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:33 AM   #7
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Ah, I see, there's definitely something going wrong with the 3-on-X defenceman role settings. There's actually a forward role listed in the first spot that shouldn't be there, that's probably the cause.
So it should be possible to choose from all available roles for the specific position?
Old 10-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #8
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
So it should be possible to choose from all available roles for the specific position?
Sorry for bumping this question, but I'd like to know if a fix is part of the next update and how this feature is planned to work.

Plus a small question: how can I compare a players attribute or statistics with those of others? You can do this in EHM and I find this really helpful to make line-up decisions etc.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm not sure if it'll make it into the next update or the one after that, but it's on the list to be looked at.

No way to compare players directly right now, but yeah, that would be useful to have, I'll see if we can get it in at some point.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:02 PM   #10
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I'm not sure if it'll make it into the next update or the one after that, but it's on the list to be looked at.

No way to compare players directly right now, but yeah, that would be useful to have, I'll see if we can get it in at some point.
Thanks, that sounds good.

Is there a different way to get a better overview of what are the best players for each category (for example defensive positioning or bodychecking or so for penalty killing)?
Old 10-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #11
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Looks like we found a fixed the role pick/display problem. Should be in the first update.